We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    if you haven't already, please add Tolkien's Legacy to that list!!
    I'm an officer, and while we have gotten very, very small and lost some of our players, (Thanks, Iron Rangers.) we're still alive!
    We're making an effort to bring our members back in game when possible, hopefully when HD drops, more people will be online.
    But as long as I'm playing, TL will never be truly dead.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000016957c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by andinic28 View Post
    I still have yet to see a kin that is actually really active, is vilya dying? I keep going kin to kin because there's no activity >_>
    I believe you would need to explain exactly what you want and/or mean by "active". In this thread, there are a large number of people posting that their kinship is quite active... yet you would attempt to have us believe they are lying? Not that I am trying to get aggressive here, but think about this for a minute. There is a group of people here saying "My Kinship is active" and you are standing in the middle of them saying that none of them is "really active".

This implies that your definition of the word active is different from the definition that the majority of people posting in this thread is using. That is why I am asking you to define what you mean.

You could, for example...
    • reply to some of the people posting in this thread and request an invite into their kinship, since their contention of being active contradicts your observation
    • visit the LOTRO-WIKI Vilya Kinships page and see which kinships sound like they would be interesting AND have a link to their external site... you know, so you could visit it, see how active they are, and request an invite
    • keep trying out different kinships until you find one that fits.

See, I have no idea when you are online and active... what days, what times (what time zone, etc). I know that my kinship is made up almost exclusively of people who have lives and families/kids (as opposed to being kids themselves). This means that we tend to see activity grow outside of normal working hours.... for them. However, as we have kinmembers spread out over the entire globe (and have started a map showing just that), what constitutes "outside normal working hours" varies greatly from member to member.

If you are really looking for an active server first and foremost to play on before you pick your kinship, maybe you should take a look at the Bounder's Bounty Server Totals thread. I wouldn't say that it is the end-all, be-all of indicators, but it is a good yardstick to show how active a server is.
    [CENTER][URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page"][IMG]http://lotro-wiki.com/images/e/e4/Lw-logo.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:Kinships_of_Vilya"]Vilya Kinships[/URL] - [URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:Lost_Alliance"]Lost Alliance[/URL] - [URL="http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Tuveneil"]Me[/URL][/CENTER]

Southern Cross is still alive and doing well. Andaral Leader.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000004ab76/01008/signature.png]Andaral[/charsig]

Hugs to all my friends on Vilya..

Nice to see my friends finding the link and adding their kinships ..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000072e59/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Heirs of Elendil,although a small kin is still active and needs to be added

Servant of the Secret Fire Small and happy :P
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Talk about a lot of good Kins still around

The Defenders of the Innocent is not on the list either. We are a newer kinship just hitting Rank 10 this week, but we are active. Thanks Danendyn
    Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything

Breakfast Fight Club

...is a new Vilya kinship, Rank 4 I think(?) made up of bored "Angarain Erain" kinship members. (we still maintain that kinship also) All Hobbit kinship, all burglars as mains. All clones in appearance costume and mounts, all named after breakfast foods. (I am "Bigwaffle" )
    We are pretty unlikely to recruit, we are currently all around level 34, a recruit would have to catch up to us to have any fun. If we recruited it would probably only be AE members or old friends of the kin. We have been online most nights since starting this. We hang out in TeamSpeak and muck around, blasting through the old areas.

We have a website for some reason.
    www.breakfastfightclub.com
    Last edited by TouTheou; Mar 11 2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Angarain Erain Kinship, Vilya
    Mikros 100 Guard, Chumli 100 hunter, Oggo 75? burg, Wasape 100 beorning (and a bunch of other alts and creep-side toons)

Quote Originally Posted by TouTheou View Post
    Breakfast Fight Club

...is a new Vilya kinship, Rank 4 I think(?) made up of bored "Angarain Erain" kinship members. (we still maintain that kinship also) All Hobbit kinship, all burglars as mains. All clones in appearance costume and mounts, all named after breakfast foods. (I am "Bigwaffle" )
    We are pretty unlikely to recruit, we are currently all around level 34, a recruit would have to catch up to us to have any fun. If we recruited it would probably only be AE members or old friends of the kin. We have been online most nights since starting this. We hang out in TeamSpeak and muck around, blasting through the old areas.

We have a website for some reason.
    www.breakfastfightclub.com
    That's who you are! I saw a train of 3 of you in the Bree AH a few days ago, with awesome names too. :P (something about bacon, hash browns, and eggs I think)

Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post
    That's who you are! I saw a train of 3 of you in the Bree AH a few days ago, with awesome names too. :P (something about bacon, hash browns, and eggs I think)
    LOL

yeah, it's a pretty dumb idea but a lot of fun, we've been playing a lot more since we started this.

We all have the last name "Smashbrowns"

We get some funny reactions, people stop and look and even follow us. I had a guy sending me /tells asking me about how I ran all those toons at once. It really is 5 of us. We only quest when at least 4 of us are on.
    /salute
    Last edited by TouTheou; Mar 12 2014 at 03:05 AM.
    Angarain Erain Kinship, Vilya
    Mikros 100 Guard, Chumli 100 hunter, Oggo 75? burg, Wasape 100 beorning (and a bunch of other alts and creep-side toons)

Edit

The Holy Order is disbanded.

Please Add Children of Eru, Active, Leader- Grumpili

Quote Originally Posted by Tahlib_Salaam View Post
    I am trying to update the LOTRO Wiki Vilya Kinships page...

I would really appreciate help of any kind, If you are a member/officer/leader of one of the following Kinship's or happen to know for sure that a Kinship no longer exists, then please reply to this thread so I can mark your kinship as active... I dont intend to delete any content on LOTRO Wiki, just add an 'Active' or 'Disbanded' sign next to kinship's name in order to help those looking for a Kinship in Vilya, as the list is most certainly out of date.

Ive added a Green text to Kinship's I know for certain to still be active...

LOTRO WIKI KINSHIP LIST

Allied Knights
    Amethyst Coven
    Angarain Erain
    BALKANSKO OKO
    Band of Unlikely Heroes
    Brandywine Refugees
    Bree-land United Minerals
    Bricks and Mordor
    Captains of Middle Earth
    Children of Illuvatar
    The Communist Party
    Cool Horses Alliance
    Covenant of the Sword
    Crown of Creation
    Czech Division
    Depart to the Grey Havens
    Descendants of War
    The Eternal Guardians
    Evenstar
    Exiles
    The Family
    The Estate of Tahlib Salaam
    Forsaken Fools
    The Guides of Middle Earth
    Has Powerful Friends
    The Holy Order
    Horselords of the Riddermark
    It Is Not This Day
    Knights of Numenor
    Knights of Valour
    Last Alliance
    The Lone Wolves
    Lords of Rivendell
    The Mellowship
    NeoCetra
    Path of the Broken Fellowship
    Protectors of the White Tree
    Royal Vindicators
    Samurai Soldiers
    Silverkeep
    Soldiers of the Isles
    Sons of Northern Darkness
    Southern Comfort
    Southern Cross
    Tirn uin Tawar: Watchers of the Great-Wood
    United Races
    Untouchables
    Wards Of Eriador
    Warriors Against the Darkness
    Warriors of the West
    The Watchers of Arnor
    The Winged Hussars
    Worst Guild Ever
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000008381d/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The Winds of Manwe

I am an officer in the "The Winds of Manwe" kin, we are small, but we are very active. Most of our kin are top level (95) and do a lot of end-game content.

The Phoenix Rising are still activ .. lol we are just waiting for new content..but still on

[Warriors of The West is active

[QUOTE=CoEru;7119898]The Holy Order is disbanded.

The Knights of Valour of Vilya is still very active
    Pherenn
    2014 Council Member
    Leader of the Knights of Valour
    One of the Largest R10 Kins on Vilya
    Westemnet Everything, Every toon, Every Class
    World Renowned, Kindred throughout the world,
    Done it all, seen everything
    and [B]Still love it all! [/B]
    If I can help you, ask.

Warriors of the West is still alive and kicking.
    ~Noku~

Nicoziano officer: warriors of the west

Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    Warriors of the West are active, i believe.
    Indeed, although our numbers went down we are still an active kinship

sad to hear..

Quote Originally Posted by CoEru View Post
    The Holy Order is disbanded.

Please Add Children of Eru, Active, Leader- Grumpili
    so sad to see the name Holy Order leaving. as it was one of the first kinships I was ever in..
    Hugs and much respect. ./Briannas Leader of Captains of middle earth .. vilya server..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000072e59/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Whisperers of Hope is active, please add us to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Friends of Frodo (FoF)

FoF's Website: www.rguilds.guildportal.com
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e3a65/signature.png]Lydiawulf[/charsig]

Cool Time to Move, but Still Here....

Has Powerful Friends is still alive and Kickin' here on Vilya, until We make the Move
    It's True I could make the Decision on which Server to Go with,
    But I'm Taking Votes from my Fellow Kinsmen, since without them there would be No Kinship.
    We still are Running an Ad in "Kinships"....
    ----------------
    NOTE:
    I Know that "Rangers of Mirkwood" and "Order of Middle-Earth" (OME) are still Alive and Well
    Last edited by Big_Red_1; Aug 09 2015 at 08:38 AM.

Forsaken Fools

Forsaken Fools reporting in!
    We're still *ahem* ... active.
    Sort of.

You didnt add The Gray Council.

Even if we're a few actives, we still are fooling around Middle Earth

(me = officer)

Pathfinders, formed May 6, 2007. Quiet and casual, but definitely still active.
    Current Leader: Bellebrian
    Previous Leaders: Goldhawk, then Psychowolf
    Haven't chosen a new world yet.
    ~Memphis Belle~

Sikozu: Do you have any plan of escape?
    Aeryn: Run.
    Sikozu: Anything more detailed, Aeryn?
    Aeryn: Run quickly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast