We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: BA stances

Hybrid View

BA stances

Which Blackarrow stance is better when?
    I guess Skirmisher is the best for solo. In raids Keen Eye deals more dps or the lower damage in Skirmisher is compensated by the faster attacks?
    I would appreciate comments/experiences on this regard

Thank you
    Oscar

In raids, Keen Eye is almost always going to be better. When running solo or in small groups, it really depends on the freep classes you come up against. Keen Eye is useless if you face melee opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    In raids, Keen Eye is almost always going to be better. When running solo or in small groups, it really depends on the freep classes you come up against. Keen Eye is useless if you face melee opponents.
    I beg to differ. Honestly Keen eye wins over all Vs everything except burgs and that's only because of addle honestly. As long as you can move correctly Keen eye is very viable against melees.
    Kilganon R11 Champion/Galmielwing-r12 Warg/ Tacky R11 Mini(Retired/Defeated by grind)

It really depends, i personally never stick with one stance all the time. I have them on shortcuts, G and H because i switch alot between the two. Back in RoI i never used Keen Eye because it had a really large speed debuff, now it's much more useful.

In raids, i'm in Keen Eye 80% of the time, when i get ratted i switch to Skirmisher and start kiting. When i'm solo... well then it depends which class i come across.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/65Fa0CU.jpg[/IMG]
    Don't touch me. I'm evil.

Quote Originally Posted by TackyFailz View Post
    I beg to differ. Honestly Keen eye wins over all Vs everything except burgs and that's only because of addle honestly. As long as you can move correctly Keen eye is very viable against melees.
    To be honest, I think that a BA would be decimated in a 1v1 against a champ if the champ knew what he was doing or made use of sprint and slows/stuns.

To be honest, I think that a BA would be decimated in a 1v1 against a champ if the champ knew what he was doing or made use of sprint and slows/stuns.
    Not sure exactly what your response was meant for because if it is a solid champ and he did use sprint and slow/stunned appropriately you would lose in either stance in fact more so skirmisher due to it's main beneficial attribute is the ability to shoot on the move and avoiding damage. If a champ is to use sprint it effectively removes that attribute that skirmisher has but keen eye if sprinting or not you still have that 25% increased damage and as long as you know how to stay with them as far as LoS is concerned you still have a chance.
    Kilganon R11 Champion/Galmielwing-r12 Warg/ Tacky R11 Mini(Retired/Defeated by grind)

Not sure exactly what your response was meant for because if it is a solid champ and he did use sprint and slow/stunned appropriately you would lose in either stance in fact more so skirmisher due to it's main beneficial attribute is the ability to shoot on the move and avoiding damage. If a champ is to use sprint it effectively removes that attribute that skirmisher has but keen eye if sprinting or not you still have that 25% increased damage and as long as you know how to stay with them as far as LoS is concerned you still have a chance.
    Well, you might be right, but if you pop your MT you can survive for most of his sprint, and then when his sprint runs out, Skirmisher will allow you to kite him and avoid the vast majority of his damage. Granted. I'm not a very experienced BA.

I 1v1 champs daily and can beat most of the champs on the server, I always use keen eye and I never use MT/uruk heals.

You just need to be clever with your class and make sure you use your headshot/gash stun effectively while slightly kiting them inside a fire trap. I spend about 95% of my time in Keen Eye; with the tier 5 attack duration reduction and the class trait swift bow it is usually very easy to get your skills off, especially if whoever you are fighting is slowed.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    I 1v1 champs daily and can beat most of the champs on the server, I always use keen eye and I never use MT/uruk heals.

You just need to be clever with your class and make sure you use your headshot/gash stun effectively while slightly kiting them inside a fire trap. I spend about 95% of my time in Keen Eye; with the tier 5 attack duration reduction and the class trait swift bow it is usually very easy to get your skills off, especially if whoever you are fighting is slowed.
    I'm sorry but you must be fighting some terrible champs if they allow themselves to be stunned and slowed. They have skills specifically against that sort of thing, why don't they use em? The key against a BA is to nullify their initial CC and Hamstring them, then kill them when they can no longer kite.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

I agree completely, keen eye is better, the only time I use skirmisher stance is against burgs, or I switch to it when I need to kite. But, skirmisher stance isn't much better than default, DPS remains the same.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<