We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is it worth adding relics to LIs purely for levelling?

Hello all,

If I'm levelling LIs to either lvl 21 or lvl 31 just to deconstruct them, is it worth adding relics to them in the beginning if they're just going to be lost? Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

If you dont just want to get your relics lost..

The relics are not returned to you upon deconstruction, and they don't increase the yield when deconned, so adding relics to a trash-LI is really just throwing them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    The relics are not returned to you upon deconstruction, and they don't increase the yield when deconned, so adding relics to a trash-LI is really just throwing them away.
    Perfect, thank you!

Just one more question....these trash LIs that you level up just to deconstruct, there's no point spending the exp. points that accrue either is there if they're not equipped?

No don't bother spending xp on them. Make sure you get them to at least 30 so you get legacies and decent relics and runes for decon. Also if I don't have a "trash" LI waiting when a deconer gets to lvl 30, I keep leveling it as long as possible to get an even better yield from them.

No need to spend the legacy points, no.

As for how far to level them, that depends on a couple things.
    First of all: Is the item equip-lvl 66 or higher?
    If so, go all the way to 60, since that provides drastically better relics

If not, there are a couple different points to decon:
    *If you have an absolute crapload of LI's, just go to 2 and decon then, for instance by equipping as many as you can, do one of the Dolven-View instances and then decon; rinse-repeat.
    *Otherwise, level to a X1 level (11, 21, 31, etc), as those are cutoff points in deciding the size of IXP-pill you get. (11 gives the same as 16, but more than 10)
    *If you want a legacy to remove, level to at least 30 (so, combined with the above advice, go to 31).

No need to spend the legacy points, no.

As for how far to level them, that depends on a couple things.
    First of all: Is the item equip-lvl 66 or higher?
    If so, go all the way to 60, since that provides drastically better relics

If not, there are a couple different points to decon:
    *If you have an absolute crapload of LI's, just go to 2 and decon then, for instance by equipping as many as you can, do one of the Dolven-View instances and then decon; rinse-repeat.
    *Otherwise, level to a X1 level (11, 21, 31, etc), as those are cutoff points in deciding the size of IXP-pill you get. (11 gives the same as 16, but more than 10)
    *If you want a legacy to remove, level to at least 30 (so, combined with the above advice, go to 31).

Thank you as well! I'm just now learning the ins and outs of LIs myself, and currently am using a level 60 2nd bow and dagger for my hunter. I also have 4 third age weapons, all around level 60, I think, that I was leveling up purely for decon purposes, and I was wondering as well if I should bother ranking legencies on them or adding relics.

Also, my 2nd age bow is sitting at level 55, but the dagger, I think, is between 30 and 40. My toon recently made it to level 65 and I have a crafted 2nd age level 65 bow and crafted level 65 dagger waiting for her. I don't mind keeping the old bow until I hit level 60 with it, since I'm so close anyway, but I was wondering if I really should go ahead and decon the dagger. The 4 3rd age weapons are all between 20 and 30, so I suppose I could also get one of them to 31, decon it, and then slot the empty spot with the old 2nd age dagger so I can start using the level 65 dagger and then continue to run the old dagger up to level 60 before deconstructing it. Would that be a worthwhile scenario to pursue?

It might be useful to you to have a read through this topic as well.

It has a lot of information on the whole subject of levelling spare Legendary Items for relics.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Ally I would decon your equips first so you can equip the second age weapons for 65 when you get there. You'd get higher xp runes to start out with it pretty high without much worry. You then need to decide if you want a higher starting level on your 2As or if you are good with the point yield you have. If you like the amount of points you have, level th other ones and decon when you get new lis to equip. In order to fill spots on my toons, I have crafted 3rd age lis to level because I never get drops for the classes I have. Filling in with new, higher level crafted Lis gives you legacies for the next tier when deconned.

Awesome info here guys, thanks!!

Just to confirm, leveling an LI to lvl 31 will give me the option to keep one of the legacies on the LI? That would be awesome! My highest LI at the mo is lvl 29, so just a couple more lvls for that one!

I don't think I have to worry about mine too much at the moment as I'm only lvl 57. Good to know how things change once you get to lvl 66!

Stubbins the legacy removal is for 30. +1 or 2 on a third age is easy to do so it wouldn't take much time to up it 1 level

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    Awesome info here guys, thanks!!

Just to confirm, leveling an LI to lvl 31 will give me the option to keep one of the legacies on the LI? That would be awesome! My highest LI at the mo is lvl 29, so just a couple more lvls for that one!

I don't think I have to worry about mine too much at the moment as I'm only lvl 57. Good to know how things change once you get to lvl 66!
    Like the above poster said, the actual legacy removal level is 30. However, you'll always want to bring it to 31 because you'll get the next tier of rewards from it. Reward tiers begin at 2, 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, and 61, so always try to decon at either those levels or at max level.

When you pull a legacy off, it will have a max level LI that it can be applied to, so if you pull one off a lower LI (Required equip level-wise) don't bother saving it to cap. LIs from 61 (possibly 60) to 64 will work on LIs up to 65. 65 to 74 work on up to a 75. 75 to 84 work on an 85, and an 85 LI right now gives either a scroll that works up to an 85 or up to a 90. Obviously somewhat irrelevant, as by the time we have higher LIs than 85, they'l have changed 85 LIs to work up to 95s.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    When you pull a legacy off, it will have a max level LI that it can be applied to, so if you pull one off a lower LI (Required equip level-wise) don't bother saving it to cap.
    That is very good to know, thank you! I would have just saved all the scrolls for level cap otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    Hello all,

If I'm levelling LIs to either lvl 21 or lvl 31 just to deconstruct them, is it worth adding relics to them in the beginning if they're just going to be lost? Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

You should only decon them at less than level 60 if you are desperate for a legacy or something. Always level any LI to 60 before deconning in order to get the treasure trove of bonus Relics and Runes, as well as t6 and t7 Relics, that only lvl 60 gives.

I always added t4 relics to my 3rd ages, it's no biggie to lose them. But i level mine to 60 so that i can get the awesome stuff from decons. if you are deconning them at 21 or 31 maybe adding relics is awaste since it takes no time to get them to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    You should only decon them at less than level 60 if you are desperate for a legacy or something. Always level any LI to 60 before deconning in order to get the treasure trove of bonus Relics and Runes, as well as t6 and t7 Relics, that only lvl 60 gives.
    Always level any equip-level 66 or above LI to 60. Below that there's no more gain from deconning at 60 than from at 51.

Yes the new rule of thumb is to level it to 60. At level 85 I only use 6 slots. 2 for main weapon/item, 1 for bridle. (These are at max obviously.) I do not level any other bridles. I might if they returned bridle relics but they don't, so bah! The other three slots I use for relic fodder. Once these are de-conned (at 60), I immediately roll the xp runes back into the next set of fodder. I try to keep them as even as I can so I don't have to constantly return to re-forge, Re-forge all 3 at the same time if possible. You can turn off leveling on one or two while a third catches up. Also turning in tasks is great for evening out your fodder xp.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)