We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Just a question?

What do you all find to be more important ....Rank on your class? or reputation with the server ?

Quote Originally Posted by chosen1 View Post
    What do you all find to be more important ....Rank on your class? or reputation with the server ?
    To respond to this Joe, I really find neither important anymore.

Rank has become so laughably easy to get compared to before, first with the amount reduction of rank requirements, and now this addition of the keep/delving buffs. My guardian has been rank 11 for the longest time, and has been on the cusp of rank 12, like 30k, since I stopped playing him after audacity gear came out halfway thru RoI. All that rank for me was an accomplishment to me, and I like my Commander title too much with the symbol to ever rank up anymore haha. Seeing people that have ranked to 12 that I don't even know in like a couple months just made rank so unattractive to me in accomplishment.

With regards to reputation, as you may have noticed with some people I talk with, my reputation has probably dipped a bit into the negative column due to my outspoken, truthful opinions regarding certain situations/people/both. I was always an "Action speaks louder than words" kinda guy for the longest time, but eventually, I realized that both should be brought out. I maintain positive relationships with a good bit of the server still I think, with the wiki and what not, and just if people are respectable and not dooshes/outlandish, intentional 1v1 interrupting zerglings.

Thing is, the truth hurts, and people that I've seen change for the worst compared to how they were before when I thought they were cool as well as others thinking that don't like to hear what they've become, and thus cast you away. I can rattle off names that I know from as far back as SoA that have changed negatively, but I won't. I wasn't afraid to call them out on their bs, which made my reputation go down as a "happy-go-lucky dude that plays the game wild, free, and for fun"; I'm still that guy that hasn't changed and charges with a dress occasionally and I did play the game for fun, and I would now if I felt it was any good, but I don't think it is. Bottom line is: you can't be afraid to speak up against someone if you feel they are wrong and you think they have changed negatively. I may have lost some "friendships" in this game because of that, but some of those people changed or were just fake in general.

I also noticed that some people changed for the better like Althorr and Tingur to name a few for example. Althorr I can say truthfully we didn't see eye to eye much in SoM when he first started playing here, and I didn't like his playstyle much, esp when I was on my creep. Eventually though, he became much more honorable and improved greatly on his hunter compared to before. Tingur is also someone that changed for the better; he used to be a zergling noob that didn't know any better and thought he knew everything, but eventually he learned (rather harshly hehe), and he is a pretty cool dude once you get to know him, even if he still clings to his QQing here and there.

In conclusion though, my reputation may not be as good as it used to be in some circles due to speaking out against certain people's indiscretions, but for the most part I feel like my rep is good, though I don't care either way, but I try to be respectable and nice to all those I meet unless they give me a reason not to, and that's hard for people to do to me unless they really try. This statement isn't meant to be contradictory at all, but a valid assessment of what I feel of how I'm portrayed, though I could care less now as I'm obviously not playing and wouldn't even if I did.

Btw, you can see on my wiki how I portray certain people of what I truthfully believe about them, most positive, but you got some negative ones here and there, so obviously I don't care what those I portray think lol.

You are and have always been a good guy, Joe, ever since SoA . I valued your friendship, keep on truckin, big guy!
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 17 2013 at 03:01 AM.

While I do care to some extent what people think, in the end they don't matter. I make an effort to be genial and optimistic with pretty much everyone I meet, unless they're an assbag to me. If that happens, well, indifference. Indifference is a wonderful thing and seems to anger so many, ROFL. I do want to rank, but since we (we as in creeps >.>) can buy everything now, I more or less want to do it...to do it. Given a choice between having homies or gaining higher rank I'd opt for homies.

I think I'll have both, anyway.

Neither. Rank means a better buff and a shiny title. Otherwise i would've stuck to one toon. Reputation for me only matters with people i like. I know people talk about me, get mad at me and call me out, but that's their problem. My reputation is good with my kin and in game buddies, which are the only ones who's opinions matter.

Kind of wondering what brought on the sudden question from someone who doesn't post much.

Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Neither. Rank means a better buff and a shiny title. Otherwise i would've stuck to one toon. Reputation for me only matters with people i like. I know people talk about me, get mad at me and call me out, but that's their problem. My reputation is good with my kin and in game buddies, which are the only ones who's opinions matter.

Kind of wondering what brought on the sudden question from someone who doesn't post much.
    I was leading this 8 man group yesterday. Suddenly Incendio show up and almost everyone stopped caring about the raid to follow the r14. So I'd say some people care about rank.

I have always saluted high ranks who have earned it. My reputation with the server isnt worth mentioning lolol. And I hate some classes so all in all, rank is perhaps most important lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post

I took a break for a year so thats why i have not posted much on the forums! The reason I asked the question was I have noticed what my old friend vinner posted was alot of high ranked creeps that i have not ever had the pleasure to meet ...There was a time in lotro's past where a person with a high ranking class was not just another person in the moors. you knew them or knew of them !..I dont know maybe I have been gone to long and need to log in more. Ok so to answer my own quetion ....Id say rep is far more greater thank rank ...just because you have high rank toon does not mean you make a pos/neg impact on the community ... just my 2 cents worth

People with rank have some weight to throw around, however much depends on who they're talking to. I hate our moors at the moment partially because of people of high rank with pisspoor attitudes.

I took a break for a year so thats why i have not posted much on the forums! The reason I asked the question was I have noticed what my old friend vinner posted was alot of high ranked creeps that i have not ever had the pleasure to meet ...There was a time in lotro's past where a person with a high ranking class was not just another person in the moors. you knew them or knew of them !..I dont know maybe I have been gone to long and need to log in more. Ok so to answer my own quetion ....Id say rep is far more greater thank rank ...just because you have high rank toon does not mean you make a pos/neg impact on the community ... just my 2 cents worth
    Ah, i see. I thought you meant something else, like people putting too much credence in higher rank equating to skill, or something like that.

Yeah Joe, you remember back in SoA prebk12 when Rank 5 was something to marvel at? Lol, how times have changed, indeed. I'm still proud of myself how I got rank 5 a day before book 12, when the easiness of rank started, but it still was an accomplishment to rank then. You're definitely right though. It seems if you take a break for a week, you'd come back and a brand new rank 7 would be out in the moors that you never heard of lol. Back in the day, you had to take at least a couple months off to see someone that high of rank, or even further back in the day like prebk12, it take like 6 months for someone to get that lol.

I really only see rank as an accomplishment now if you have got the same or close to the same high rank like rank 10+ on 2 or more toons, or if you are someone that's played for a while, came back and got a high rank, knowing that you deserved it for a long time, but that's just my view on rank nowadays. If you get Rank 14-15 though, I'd say that's an accomplishment Like I said before, if I don't grats certain people, it's nothing personal, it's just I either don't know you and you are a new guy getting a rank much easier than it was before, or in some cases, I just don't like you haha. It's moreso the first reason than the 2nd.

I'm saying that the accomplishment of gaining a certain rank is not important to me anymore with how easy it's become, but obviously rank helps you become stronger on freep/creep side, and even offers traits/skills for creeps, but like Poppies said, a lot of people just pay2win for them now, which is a shame, but eh, it's people's money, let em do what they want if they don't want to challenge themselves as much as I did, but I was a rare breed in this game I'd like to think.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 17 2013 at 05:32 PM.

I think comedy, humor, and having a good time is the most important aspect of the Moors. I mean, having nice fights is all good and fun, but I can have a lot of fun in the moors, even when getting wiped repeatedly, if you got a group w/ a good sense of humor. Case in point, the night of Velvet16 and Tarvin. If I had to choose between rank and rep, I'd choose neither.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I think comedy, humor, and having a good time is the most important aspect of the Moors. I mean, having nice fights is all good and fun, but I can have a lot of fun in the moors, even when getting wiped repeatedly, if you got a group w/ a good sense of humor. Case in point, the night of Velvet16 and Tarvin. If I had to choose between rank and rep, I'd choose neither.
    ya that was a great night vic ....i have not laughed that hard in awhile

I find neither important. Most important thing is having fun.