We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: books

books

at the moment I am a very DPS heavy LM, I have a 1A staff and a 2A book, which doesn't have any rebuff/cc legacies on it, I don't think. I'm just about to get my 2nd 1A symbol and my Q is should I keep my 2A DPS book and make my 1A a support book or make my new 1A a DPS book and then make a new 2A book for support. bearing in mind the only time I ever trait yellow is for flight to the lonely mountain, and orthanc if I'm told to. also I'll prob make a support staff at some point as well, although only 2A

I don't think you really need a FA for a support book, unless you are planning to max tactical healing rating. Water lore/beacon of hope is fairly potent without maxing this, so I'd just stick with a SA book.

The main legacies you want to invest in are +bane flare targets, +fire lore targets, -debuff skill resistance and +sign of power duration. You can max those comfortably, and either throw in some heal legacies (if you have points spare), or just throw some stats on it.

I also throw lots of defensive relics (morale/mits) on my support book since you won't be doing a lot of DPS when yellow traited. Getting survivability up lets you move around more freely - eg moving through clouds in BfE or flight.

TBH, I don't actually use a FA book for DPS either, but if you're going to make one, I'd make the decision based on the number of majors/minors. If going for DPS, you'll need ideally need 4-5 majors.

Turn the 1st ager into a DPS book, FA has a +% Tactical Damage stat on it. A 2nd ager does not.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

ooh i didnt realise that 1a books had tactical dmg as well as tactical healing - defo getting 1a for dps

Quote Originally Posted by nikoftime View Post
    ooh i didnt realise that 1a books had tactical dmg as well as tactical healing - defo getting 1a for dps
    Apparently, from what people on my server have said, it can go up to +8% tactical damage. Though the highest I've seen is +5%, and usually it's only +1%.
    I got +3%, so I'm happy enough.

Note though that Crystals will not increase the tactical damage on it, only the healing. Crystals never raise percentage based buffs/stats/legacies, only hard-number ones. Like resist chances.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

I posted screenshots of my gear in https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...39#post6869939 this thread. DPS and cc book. Could go with fire lore instead of ancient craft on the cc book, though, and I'd definitely get a FA dps book before FA cc.

You don't need to start a whole bunch of threads either, can just ask all your questions in one place, and search to see if anyone asked the same one before.