Greetings all

I may have signed up for LOTRO years ago... but I never got around to playing it. I now have come back to give it a try, and am having an absolute blast! I've been playing around on a hunter, and although I enjoy feeling very powerful, hunters are everywhere and I just don't want to play a DPS class (as I always have... I'd like something new!)

So, that leads me to a little research. I've scoured the forums, read the wikis, and studied a few blogs... and what I'd really like is one of the more support style classes, and I've narrowed it down to two. Captain, and Loremaster.

I don't prefer melee over ranged, or vice versa, so that's not an issue. I'm leaning slightly more towards Captain, because it seems they may be in more demand, and I do love using 2 handed swords quite a bit... heavy armor seems it could be a plus as well.

Anyway, I thought I'd check here... what does the community think? I'm a group player... and only solo when I have to... so which would you choose in this situation?

(I do plan on trying both and seeing what I like better as well... I'm just curious on the consensus as well!)