We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Burg ruined

Burg ruined

Devs,

Finally had enough, the class used to be great in EM now its utter ####. TnG is useless in almost every scenario thanks to your awesome store selling skills, impossible to build a decent amount of tac mit without a serious nerf to our damage. We cant hips to any effect any more as every store hugger has a tracker pot. Our burst damage has been ruined thanks to creep ultra high mitigations and Audacity.......

With Helm's deep maybe you could put a stick down our backs and let the creeps use the class as a training dummy, the model is dated and way behind every other class!

GG devs

Hey Aldy, I'm not sure if the class is in that bad situation. In 1v1 we have chance to win any class. As a gambler I've been very succesfull, I have a 37% tactical mitigation and it's more than enough for me and I don't have to sacrifice any damage for it.

Against spiders: Riddle their pet so they can't eat it and try to addle the burrow.
    Against blackarrows: Keep stuns and dazes on them, use the enviroment against them, trees etc.
    Against reavers: tier 6 debuff gamble and dust = ridiculously easy win. If they use wrath, just kite it off.
    Against warleaders: just keep spamming surprise strike and subtle stab + glee until you get max devastate buff = easy win.
    Against defilers: Same as warleaders
    Against wargs: Nothing special, they're easy.

We're on same server so feel free to ask advice.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

I think your seeing burgs through rose tinted specs my friend, I know you love the class but if nobody admits their is something wrong then we will remain the most undeveloped class in the game!

nothing disappoints me more than seeing our so called big opener (SS) crit for less than 1k against what are essentially greenies.

If your SS crits for less than 1k on greenies you are probably doing something wrong... :P

I don't think we're in a bad place right now. Well, actually no freep class is.
    If you're running QK maybe give Gambler a shot. It's a lot of fun and also adds some survability with extra debuffs/mezzes.
    As long as we are able to compete, I'm happy. Where's the fun in being overpowered as a warden? Let's see what the class revamp brings to the table.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrytt View Post
    Devs,

the model is dated and way behind every other class!

GG devs

Lord, you haven't played a guardian recently, have you? Compared to guards burgs have received tons of love and attention. Not saying burgs couldn't use some work, but you defintely have it better than some. Hell, the top freeps on my server have been, are, and likely always will be burglars.

If you're consistently losing 1v1 the problem is with you, not the class. Doubly so if you're popping cooldowns.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    Against spiders: Riddle their pet so they can't eat it and try to addle the burrow.
    you mean riddle the spider then zerg the pet right. if they burrow you stealth (or hips and eat some regen food if needed) and fight starts again.
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

Quote Originally Posted by arghh View Post
    you mean riddle the spider then zerg the pet right. if they burrow you stealth (or hips and eat some regen food if needed) and fight starts again.
    I just addle the burrow as always. And usually I can kill the spider before it can try to burrow, another reason why riddle the pet.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

I would like to say that I first tried to use QK in the Moors and that was tough for me because the damage is nerfed but I tried Gambler and I'm doing a lot better now I'm not the best on my server but I can still kill any creep on my server except for high ranked (or store bought) spiders without CDs.
    Aldrest R11 Burglar
    Motharan R6 Guardian
    Tormoth R4 Captain
    Langlegion Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrytt View Post
    Devs,

Finally had enough, the class used to be great in EM now its utter ####. TnG is useless in almost every scenario thanks to your awesome store selling skills, impossible to build a decent amount of tac mit without a serious nerf to our damage. We cant hips to any effect any more as every store hugger has a tracker pot. Our burst damage has been ruined thanks to creep ultra high mitigations and Audacity.......

With Helm's deep maybe you could put a stick down our backs and let the creeps use the class as a training dummy, the model is dated and way behind every other class!

GG devs
    No you just suck at it. Play an easier class like a champ or warden.

I have no trouble killing anything no matter what rank it is without using any cooldowns.

Dear devs please ignore this thread, some people arent happy they cant faceroll
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    No you just suck at it. Play an easier class like a champ
    And this is exactly what happened.....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000003f069/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have no trouble killing anything no matter what rank it is without using any cooldowns.

Arrogance Ar-ro-gan-ce

Overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors.
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Laolos/2/9/3/7/85/Wiping+As+Intended/0/2/1/11/10/1/6/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

champ with no cds=harder than burg with no cds, just my thoughts tho ofc :P

For the burg (if still having issues) i suspect your LIs might be part of the problem as well as (ridiculously) many people seem to get theirs quite far from a good status, check around with good burgs on your server

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

he doesn't actually "suck at it" he is merely expressing his frustration as many of us have done ( see posts to Kelsan) so before you judge anyone's ability engage your brain before you put your mouth in gear .

i also play a warden it's not an "easy" class .its devastating if you get it right but not everyone can play their class to Godmode but that doesn't mean they "suck" at it . Maybe it means you haven't come up against anyone decent ?