We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 171
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dutchland
    Posts
    259

    Freep behaviour / To macro or not to macro

    Been a time since I made thread creep behaviour... but after being on creep this night I thought I should change perspective a bit.

    Alot of people are calling macro'ing exploiting. Yet it is only exploiting if it is against turbine's rules and what not. Yes people may macro BUT that does NOT make it exploiting, there's macro's being used in many games and many games even provide ppl with macro tools. In your opinion it might be exploiting, yet if there is nowhere an official statement that it is not allowed to macro it is NOT exploiting.

    Having said that, freeps were logging over to creep and started to rage like little kids not getting a candybar from their parents. They were raging about people ''supposedly exploiting'' which they don't. They MACRO. They lose their tempter and start flaming, pretty funny to see... keep up the behaviour, very mature

    Before you flame people for exploiting, get your facts straight whether or not they actually exploit. They macro. Turbine made the descision themselves to introduce ''fast'' and ''immediate'' skills, so this means they want to give the players a choice how to use your skills.

    GG ragers!

  2. #2
    You mean like... Clubbing being perfectly legal. Oh wait, it was. But when it got a real issue, guess what? Policy changed. What do you think is going to happen to macro's? Anyway, if you need macro's to win... Way to go. Nice of you to get a discussion going, is some really funny reading material.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    321
    In my opinion...

    There is a much larger population of people using macro's on this server and probably the rest, you just need to know what your looking for.

    It's the norm for most modern MMO's, i believe WoW has one built in.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You mean like... Clubbing being perfectly legal. Oh wait, it was. But when it got a real issue, guess what? Policy changed. What do you think is going to happen to macro's? Anyway, if you need macro's to win... Way to go. Nice of you to get a discussion going, is some really funny reading material.
    Turbine took way too long to change their policy regarding clubbing, I will keep on macroing for every second that I play warg until the policy is changed as moar outcry = moar action in most cases.

    A full raid zergs a soloer who stands no chance.

    A lone warg macros a squishy at the back of a raid who stands no chance.

    Not much difference.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Over the Top
    Posts
    709
    Be happy about macroing , it makes you all good players like we all knew since you transfered here ..... Zs Pr0 elite ,,,,,,

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobla View Post
    In my opinion...

    There is a much larger population of people using macro's on this server and probably the rest, you just need to know what your looking for.

    It's the norm for most modern MMO's, i believe WoW has one built in.
    Just hoping that you realise that you can't cut off atrack animations/durations by any of those tools. It's simply pathetic to macro that. Nice if you lack the skill to do without, though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dutchland
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Just hoping that you realise that you can't cut off atrack animations/durations by any of those tools. It's simply pathetic to macro that. Nice if you lack the skill to do without, though.
    You know, having started an animation of a skill and then using an immediate skills cuts/speed up anything you were doing and only executes the animation of the immediate skill. This being said, do you consider champs using brutal strikes + clobber exploiting? Reavers who use trash + gut punch, burgs who use flashing blades + addle? This was all acceptable. Yet now ppl found ways to macro, I agree it's becoming a bit ridicilous. I mean hunters with that skill ''10s no focus cost'' can spam Pen shot infinitely for 10s with a macro.

    Sole purpose of this thread was to make people aware currently it is ''WRONG'' to say people are exploiting as it isn't exploiting as of YET. I like to make points of small things but essential factors.

    Hoping by making people more aware Turbine might change stuff, this is a community game, it always has. Community ''can'' change stuff.... even if it is after years zSSSS just like FCing.

    Till then raging about it will only get you banned for offensive language thus pointless.

    Trolling about it has some purpose by making people understand it's Turbine who is slacking at fixxing stuff, but I guess nobody shud be even surprised anymore by that.

    -I do not macro, not because I do not know how, but because I am to lazy to. If I were given a macro I would, but just pointing out not everyone macro's. And I know a few people in ressurection do not like to be associated with macro'ers. But as of now it's all a matter of opinion. Till turbine settles the matter, it's gonna be some funzy times on forums about who has the moral highground... which personally is only a matter for zeh trolls.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    39
    I don't understand how macro is good

    dying in some secs and ragequitting ?

    farming instances solo in 1m ?


    It is like having a hack program using it against the game, i don't understand why turbine allows it.


    Today i saw so many wargs macroing and killing normal players that try to have fun in the game and get some legit pvp, then i am the noob with no skills that ganks 1v1 ?

    It is just destroying the fun of the game, by the time turbine realises that they will loose half community and macro users will just remain.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Ongbyrz. View Post
    You know, having started an animation of a skill and then using an immediate skills cuts/speed up anything you were doing and only executes the animation of the immediate skill. This being said, do you consider champs using brutal strikes + clobber exploiting? Reavers who use trash + gut punch, burgs who use flashing blades + addle? This was all acceptable. Yet now ppl found ways to macro, I agree it's becoming a bit ridicilous. I mean hunters with that skill ''10s no focus cost'' can spam Pen shot infinitely for 10s with a macro.
    I know how it works. But there's a difference between using Clobber to cut Ferocious off, and macro'ing Clobber so, that it doesn't go on cooldown. Like Nokor does it. Not that I will give him a wall of QQ, but I just think it's silly. It gives me some laughs also, when I read freep OOC after the freeps got one shotted.

    Sole purpose of this thread was to make people aware currently it is ''WRONG'' to say people are exploiting as it isn't exploiting as of YET. I like to make points of small things but essential factors.
    Indeed. Officially, they don't exploit. But seriously, why didn't you guys club your ranks, back when it was legal?

    Hoping by making people more aware Turbine might change stuff, this is a community game, it always has. Community ''can'' change stuff.... even if it is after years zSSSS just like FCing.
    What a great community, that is using unofficial exploits.

    Till then raging about it will only get you banned for offensive language thus pointless.
    Obviously not pointed at me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    466
    When did Turbine allow 3rd party programs to run with LotRO?

  11. #11


    Wooooow

    Very Kruci

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dutchland
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I know how it works. But there's a difference between using Clobber to cut Ferocious off, and macro'ing Clobber so, that it doesn't go on cooldown. Like Nokor does it. Not that I will give him a wall of QQ, but I just think it's silly. It gives me some laughs also, when I read freep OOC after the freeps got one shotted.

    Indeed. Officially, they don't exploit. But seriously, why didn't you guys club your ranks, back when it was legal?

    What a great community, that is using unofficial exploits.

    Obviously not pointed at me.
    cba to quote seperately.

    Indeed the language is not pointed at you, people will know at who it's pointed as there is quite some ragers out there atm...

    I can't speak for others but the reason I did not FC much back when it was legal was because there was no point for me. What the difference between being r13 and r15. It takes a hell of a lot of time, personally the sad lamers who chose to FC to r15 deserve some form of recognisition for having the willpower if you ask me... I certainly couldn't be arsed to spend that much time on a brain numbing activity. (Just so to be clear, I only used to FC in SoA back when I needed like 2-3k inf for a rank and actio died but really wanted to unlock a new skill on creep, never saw the need to FC on freep and I doubt I fc'd for more than a total worth of ~15k inf)

    Although personally I condone macro'ing, I didn't mean that everyone should macro. More like if you are against macro'ing let your voice be heard to turbine. And let the players who macro be as it will only cause more flaming and trolling.

    Whether it's a great community or not is a matter of opinion, great is for everyone different. Personally for me a community is great when theres trolls/ppl joking around and not taking stuff to seriously... where as other prefer a more mature and serious atmosphere... both are perfectly fine and you can't say one is better than the other, just that you have a preference for one. (My point being that I know atm quite a few people are macro'ing for the sole sake of making people rage because it's so funny to see. I personally think if you get 'that' upset about being macro'd you deserve to be macro'd... take a chill pill so to speak)

    On a side note, I think it's funny people associate Resurrection with creeps, we've had several posts on our kin forum that state ''NaF =/= Resu'' etc, just another matter not that it annoys me as I know theres quite a few resurrection'ers involved... just be aware that you might piss off people who aren't doing anything atm by associating them the behaviour and it might backfire on the people involved.

  13. #13
    This thread reminds me of that one :
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...hlight=Warning

    Aren't we lucky to have you to remind us of old players and showing your originality.
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

    Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!


    ~Me


    Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

    ~John J. Rambo

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Ongbyrz. View Post
    On a side note, I think it's funny people associate Resurrection with creeps, we've had several posts on our kin forum that state ''NaF =/= Resu'' etc, just another matter not that it annoys me as I know theres quite a few resurrection'ers involved... just be aware that you might piss off people who aren't doing anything atm by associating them the behaviour and it might backfire on the people involved.
    so jaka exploiting, nokor dont? Ressurection is clear , Naf are exploiters? Same person, same crime. Band of exploiters.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dutchland
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    so jaka exploiting, nokor dont? Ressurection is clear , Naf are exploiters? Same person, same crime. Band of exploiters.
    No jaka isn't exploiting, he's macro'ing. Two different things you are incapable of seperating. Just because a few people macro and the others don't mind doesn't make everyone a macro'er just because we are in the same band. It isn't even the same crime. We simply condone macro'ing... to me you seem like you want to enforce your opinion on everyone and make it so. Macro'ing is exploiting in your eyes, we can see that but not in MY eyes, I can't speak for others. And maybe you should neither.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Ongbyrz. View Post
    No jaka isn't exploiting, he's macro'ing. Two different things you are incapable of seperating. Just because a few people macro and the others don't mind doesn't make everyone a macro'er just because we are in the same band. It isn't even the same crime. We simply condone macro'ing... to me you seem like you want to enforce your opinion on everyone and make it so. Macro'ing is exploiting in your eyes, we can see that but not in MY eyes, I can't speak for others. And maybe you should neither.
    Enough for me, you just show to comunity that u agree with that what they doing. Then dont be surprised people will generalise you as band of exploiters.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    so jaka exploiting, nokor dont? Ressurection is clear , Naf are exploiters? Same person, same crime. Band of exploiters.
    You do realize those who you have named aren't in NaF, right?

    Oh Kruci, your anger is getting out of control

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dutchland
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    Enough for me, you just show to comunity that u agree with that what they doing. Then dont be surprised people will generalise you as band of exploiters.
    I do yes, and you show the community you don't agree with what they are doing. So now what, who's wrong and who's right? Yet I don't start QQing your kin is full of people who hate on exploiters do I? (Hating on macro'ing is more annoying than macro'ing itself imo, OOC being spammed full etc everybody has to watch it unless they chose to ignore certain players or even have to take the OOC filter off... which is also a great annoyance).

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Weewooweewoo View Post
    You do realize those who you have named aren't in NaF, right?

    Oh Kruci, your anger is getting out of control
    Did i say NaF somewhere in my post? I think only in "quote" from your post. IF yes i am so sorry i hurt your feeling. My anger is on very low level, but it seems that some Ressurection players are out of control from writing tickets on my forum posts.

    PS: i see your try to move discussion to other way.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    Did i say NaF somewhere in my post? I think only in "quote" from your post. IF yes i am so sorry i hurt your feeling. My anger is on very low level, but it seems that some Ressurection players are out of control from writing tickets on my forum posts.

    PS: i see your try to move discussion to other way.
    So you even forgot you named NaF as an exploiting tribe in your own post an hour ago... Your anger is reaching new heights my dear

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Weewooweewoo View Post
    So you even forgot you named NaF as an exploiting tribe in your own post an hour ago... Your anger is reaching new heights my dear
    Dont understand u well. U lost arguments so now you trying move discussion about your exploiting kinship away? Nice try.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    Dont understand u well. U lost arguments so now you trying move discussion about your exploiting kinship away? Nice try.
    Your anger is not only distorting your objectivity, your memory... but now also your reading comprehension. I've never seen anyone so blinded by his fury as you! Sir, you are amazing

    But please stay on topic now Kruci, we were talking about exploiting, macroing and Resurrection and now you're going off-topic by telling us how we lost our arguments and trying to move the discussion.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Weewooweewoo View Post
    Your anger is not only distorting your objectivity, your memory... but now also your reading comprehension. I've never seen anyone so blinded by his fury as you! Sir, you are amazing

    But please stay on topic now Kruci, we were talking about exploiting, macroing and Resurrection and now you're going off-topic by telling us how we lost our arguments and trying to move the discussion.
    Did i? .......

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    259
    Facts so far established;

    Resurrection and NaF ARE the same thing.
    Kruci is NOT bitter about not getting into the above
    EN transfers DID ruin Snowbourn
    Resurrection DID hack and exploit their way to server firsts
    Xlusive IS worst champ EU.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pauillac
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu_EU View Post
    When did Turbine allow 3rd party programs to run with LotRO?
    As far as I know, it had always been allowed. But only now that people start to abuse the fact that it is allowed, there comes a QQ. It's funny how people don't know stuff until a mass amount of people start to bring it up .

    Therefore Turbine will never ban macros since they have been allowed for so long, it's just that they have to fix the skills.

    PS: I'm macroing on my BA!

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    This thread reminds me of that one :
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...hlight=Warning

    Aren't we lucky to have you to remind us of old players and showing your originality.
    LOL, nice catch Fredol.

 

 
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload