We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Old style play

Old style play

I would so love to join a kin that plays as we did when moria was released. I am currently on windfola, but all of my old timer friends have left the game. I was just looking at a post about this server, and if it's anything like the post states, it would be a dream come true.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...s-Online-Essay

this is the link to what I was reading.

Special Server

Dear friend,

This is a very special server that allows for opportunities to immerse one's self in his or her character. Erennor is a tremendous spokesperson for Laurelin, with whom I have had many conversations. I just now read his entry (as you linked in your second post) and was surprised to see one of my quotes at the bottom. In short, I left a server because of the open mockery of some of us RP-interested folk were taking part in. It was difficult because I left many friends behind. However, I was able to experience something that I had been looking for in LOTRO since I began playing years ago.

Granted, it's not RP-only. I think Erennor hit the nail on the head: RP-encouraged and RESPECTED. Key word is RESPECT. You won't find that anywhere else, believe me, I have scouted 8 servers in search of a new home from my former Riddermark. One of the aspects of RP-interested individuals is the general maturity that accompanies it.

The general investment of individuals in their kinships, for example, is a reflection on how much people appreciate the story and lore. Another interesting aspect is that kinships are more culturally based (and smaller), so there is more interaction in the global community. In some of the larger servers, you'll have mega-kins that have daily events and such. I'm not opposed to large kinships; it is just that the result is often abandonment of the global community. Laurelin community is very engaging.

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Kristjon Eiriksson
    The Northern Garrison
    http://tinyurl.com/nglotro

Quote Originally Posted by whisky.11 View Post
    I would so love to join a kin that plays as we did when moria was released. I am currently on windfola, but all of my old timer friends have left the game. I was just looking at a post about this server, and if it's anything like the post states, it would be a dream come true.
    Ez, I play here daily, pretty good PvP action, not sure about a 60 only kin but I know for a fact there is a '75' (for which i'm levelling an alt).