We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Worth the money?

I'm thinking of transferring to Brandy for pvp. Is it worth the money?

I would be bringing a mid-ranked captain (rank 10). I would just level a new toon, but i gotta admit i'm way to lazy haha :P. I've tried creepside on Brandy, and the fights seems pretty epic compared to what i'm used to, but I don't like creep and freep on the same server (to reduce drama) so I didn't really get a great taste of what it is like. Also, I noticed it was a lot of GV/TR shuffles. Do you guys still have good "open field" RvR? And...not only good RvR, but also decent solo-6 man action? Also, one last question (probably the most important):

How is the community in the Moors???

Thanks,

Possible Fresh-meat

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

The PVP on server certainly is loud enough, not sure if super active (summer weeks it rarely is)

There's always something happening, whether it's RvR, small group v small group, freep zerg, or creep zerg. I enjoy it though Well worth it imo phoenix <3 Hope to see you out here.

btw I think you should creep instead, you know you wanna come to the dark side >;D
    Last edited by MonkeyMe; Aug 16 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Retired
    Ona -> Confetti - r8 Burglar // Funfetti - r7 Mini (Execution - Gladden)
    Demodex - r8 Warg // Bonana Split - r11 WL(Brandywine)

Honestly, if you're planning on spending money, transfer to a completely different game for your PvP fix; it doesn't exist on Brandywine, or any other server for that matter. Unless you really do like Requires-No-Skill-To-Follow-The-Zerg-And-Stay-On-Target-Assist-PvP.

no

There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

If you lead raids, yes x1000, please come.

Which side is more out numbered most of the time on brandy?
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    Which side is more out numbered most of the time on brandy?
    Most of the time? Freeps outnumbered, even if they are rolling around in a group obliterating creeps. Frequently two fraids come out vs one craid, thus creeps outnumbered. I'd say 80% of the time it's freeps outnumbered, even if they're winning.

So you could use another Freep leader? Also does your servers freepside have a public ts? I'm looking into other servers myself, I'm a creep at heart but I do like hunter also. Wondering if your server is more active than E basically
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

B4jet, have you transferred yet?
    Garamburn

No, not yet. I've been on a short break from the game. I'll be putting in a ticket to transfer on the 25th or 26th.

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

So you could use another Freep leader? Also does your servers freepside have a public ts? I'm looking into other servers myself, I'm a creep at heart but I do like hunter also. Wondering if your server is more active than E basically
    Could use leaders on both sides

We have always used vent on Brandy, and it's mainly kin/tribe vents nowdays.

Yes we are more active than E, which is going down the drain atm.

Well my Freep kinship died, and honestly it's not really my style to solo. I do like how hunter plays and I like to have a capi with me because they are the only thing that can keep me from going splat for more than 15 seconds.

Just one last question, how resilient is your average Freep. I tend to be a mind over matter type guy, and I pretty much auto ignore whiners, so I guess the question is.... When your freeps get stomped, do they quit and pve or do they make a stronger effort and kick some butt.
    Garamburn

Just one last question, how resilient is your average Freep. I tend to be a mind over matter type guy, and I pretty much auto ignore whiners, so I guess the question is.... When your freeps get stomped, do they quit and pve or do they make a stronger effort and kick some butt.
    Depends on the freeps. Some freeps will stick with you to the bitter end, some will quit after 2 wipes. Really depends on how badly you're being wiped. If it's a close fight they generally hang around, if it's a repeated masscre they (understandably) leave.

Thanks for answering my questions. Maybe I'll see you soon. Not sure if i can justify spending the money for a transfer when I don't enjoy Freep as much as creep. But I'll keep it in mind.
    Garamburn

What we need is less lag. Typical RvR night goes like this. Fraid destroys craid. Craid fights near map in and rezzes with op advantage and still gets destroyed most of the time depeding on the fraid. 2nd craid forms + usually half a craids worth wargs lag fraid out for the win. Fraid disbands, everybody QQs for 10min and then logs off. If you categorize that as "epic" then yea...come on over.

Are you sure you're playing on Brandyine???

The bringer of lag has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    The bringer of lag has spoken.
    Kuni I've crushed your raids even numbers in open field without lag. You need a tad more experience leading raids and a better understanding of the RvR setting, but it seems you'll just blame the lag and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepHiveMind View Post
    Kuni I've crushed your raids even numbers in open field without lag. You need a tad more experience leading raids and a better understanding of the RvR setting, but it seems you'll just blame the lag and leave it at that.
    You and 50 other creeps near gtr with a red tr. Good job sir. You should write a guide on how to do that so the rest of us can learn.

You and 50 other creeps near gtr with a red tr. Good job sir. You should write a guide on how to do that so the rest of us can learn.
    Wait, you got overrun by numbers once (which I assure you were far under 50) therefore that forms the basis of your opinion? Make more fraids Kuni, perhaps I need to teach you another lesson even numbers like almost every other time.

Ahhh, the forum pvp .... was always better then the actual game pvp lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000034d99/01007/signature.png]Jmez[/charsig]
    Jmez Warbringer The Warlord

Wait, you got overrun by numbers once (which I assure you were far under 50) therefore that forms the basis of your opinion? Make more fraids Kuni, perhaps I need to teach you another lesson even numbers like almost every other time.

You know the funny thing is I don't ever recall freeps losing a fight in DoF and the reasons for that are obvious. Craid is wiped on average between 1-2 min. My opinion is based on facts, the fact that my hunter has 3 pages of 2s on track and that's before the map ins. I usually see 6-7 reaves which is the new thing to stack ftw, right behind them are 6-8 wls and behind then a dozen BAs with 3-4 defilers, throw 10-12 wargs and 3-4 spiders in groups of 3s and 4s each targeting a different healer we're at 40. That's 35-40 mid to high ranked and then there's always greenies running around poking stuff which, even though insignificant, does add up. I remember a fight in near old ec xroads..I must have killed over a dozen wargs and there were still a bunch running around making my healers cry.

Even numbers....we can all dream. When was the last time craid fought with outnumbered buff? I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm some prodigy raid leader but I won't accept your self proclamation of being a supreme commander either. Raid leading is fairly straight forward, you need to have some experience in the moors and not be ########. Anyone who makes it out to be some great skill acquired over centuries is full of it. Perhaps the only inexperienced move on my part was that I actually wanted to fight against overwhelming odds, when I hear from my hunter 30 2s on track when I' struggling to fill grp 3 and 4 with decent freeps I should just disband because freeps rarely get the luxury of support fraids and warg packs.

The only time I had a full raid with all good freeps was when we farmed craid in red tr for 1 hour. I made 28k that day in 4 hours without store buffs. With those freeps I'd be happy to fight you uphill any day.

You know the funny thing is I don't ever recall freeps losing a fight in DoF and the reasons for that are obvious. Craid is wiped on average between 1-2 min. My opinion is based on facts, the fact that my hunter has 3 pages of 2s on track and that's before the map ins. I usually see 6-7 reaves which is the new thing to stack ftw, right behind them are 6-8 wls and behind then a dozen BAs with 3-4 defilers, throw 10-12 wargs and 3-4 spiders in groups of 3s and 4s each targeting a different healer we're at 40. That's 35-40 mid to high ranked and then there's always greenies running around poking stuff which, even though insignificant, does add up. I remember a fight in near old ec xroads..I must have killed over a dozen wargs and there were still a bunch running around making my healers cry.
    Selective memory is a great thing, isn't it Kuni? Also, if you need to make up numbers to make yourself feel better, go for it. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Even numbers....we can all dream. When was the last time craid fought with outnumbered buff? I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm some prodigy raid leader but I won't accept your self proclamation of being a supreme commander either. Raid leading is fairly straight forward, you need to have some experience in the moors and not be ########. Anyone who makes it out to be some great skill acquired over centuries is full of it. Perhaps the only inexperienced move on my part was that I actually wanted to fight against overwhelming odds, when I hear from my hunter 30 2s on track when I' struggling to fill grp 3 and 4 with decent freeps I should just disband because freeps rarely get the luxury of support fraids and warg packs.
    Sadly we don't get the outnumbered buff when we have two fraids against us, due to the creeps questing or doing nothing, but we still fight on and give it our all rather than quitting, no matter the odds. Can you say the same?

And perhaps you're just a little bitter you lack a bit of raid leading experience. Take a leaf out of Jmez's book.

The only time I had a full raid with all good freeps was when we farmed craid in red tr for 1 hour. I made 28k that day in 4 hours without store buffs. With those freeps I'd be happy to fight you uphill any day.
    Good job farming inexperienced low ranks, bring that on vs a ranked creep raid and see just how well you do. I thought reasoning with you was applicable, apparently not. Even after a load of drinks I can see your blindness, bad show Kuni, bad show.

Selective memory is a great thing, isn't it Kuni? Also, if you need to make up numbers to make yourself feel better, go for it. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.
    I don't have to make up numbers. When 2 different raid members die at the same time I automatically know we're fighting against 2 or at least 1.5 craids. You go for hunters while the wargs go for healers, pretty easy to spot.

Sadly we don't get the outnumbered buff when we have two fraids against us, due to the creeps questing or doing nothing, but we still fight on and give it our all rather than quitting, no matter the odds. Can you say the same?
    Actually, I can say the same as I'm pretty much always fighting uphill. I always stay under 12 unless there's a serious leader out and expanding from 12 to 24 is horrible these days. There aren't enough good freeps playing atm and for every freep I get the creeps bring 2 or 3. So yea I do come out and fight against the odds.

And perhaps you're just a little bitter you lack a bit of raid leading experience. Take a leaf out of Jmez's book.
    I've been in Jmez/Yelk/Snow/Chily's and it's the same story. Creep numbers exceed 40, lag hits and freeps start losing. I'm sure they're all better than me at leading raids but the story goes the same way anyway.

Good job farming inexperienced low ranks, bring that on vs a ranked creep raid and see just how well you do. I thought reasoning with you was applicable, apparently not. Even after a load of drinks I can see your blindness, bad show Kuni, bad show.
    For the record that was a ranked craid. Arrick, juicy, mere, beardpuller and the likes were there so if you're calling them bad then idk what to say. I'm not saying I'm great or anything, freeps are OP and creeps need certain advantages to stand up to freeps. The simple point I was trying to make was that I loathe fighting against lag. Idc if I'm outnumbered 3:1, I'll fight, I'll lose and I'll forget but if it's because of lag I'll be pissed. Reasoning is futile without facts, evidence and data as we see here you're calling me a straight up liar and I you. Next time I post it will be with pics so we can avoid this back n forth stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast