We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

looking for kinship. where is everyone?

I don't see anyone on this game anymore. 5 people in moria? wt f.

You may need to change servers then. Some servers are mostly capped players, and others are much more bottom heavy. But you need to take into account most people have played this expansion to complete burnout/boredom stages. Expect server levels to surges when late sept/early oct rolls around. And remember to enjoy your stay in Middle Earth even though it has been a very rough bumpy ride lately.

You would think turbine would just consolidate the servers.

LotRO is no where near that time in its life yet. Many of the "dead" servers are capped players or those striving to cap asap and mainly raiding based. Others have populations that come and go as expansions and such are released or the guild they are in outside of the game fits it into their rotation. Consolidating servers would cause major crashes when exapnsions and updates are rolled out in the future. The server numbers are far from the levels that would require mergers. Remember 10-15% of the servers population is on at any given moment. It could just mean there are few around your level. I leveled in between player waves so I was often alone in regions which lead to awesome farming opportunities. Also remember to "/joinchannel glff" when you log in next. This would give a real feeling of where your world is at.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout89 View Post
    Meneldor, historically has had a low population. However, it was made the recommended server for new players last month, which means every new player to the game is automatically logged into Meneldor unless they manually choose another server.

In a few weeks, all those new players will be Moria level, and the place should fill up a bit.

Definitely find yourself a kinship. That will make the game feel a lot less lonely - even on a small server. If you can't find one here, then go to Bree and ask in /regional or /glff. It might take a few different kins to get the right fit.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I know about /userchannel1, I have asked for kinships. There were literally 95 people logged on last night. I have lower level, mid level, and higher level characters. Pretty sure my server is just a goner.

Hmmm, I'm taking a look at the login website, and it's showing Meneldor as the highest population, by far, at peak server time. I'm not sure how they're calculating this graph, but it's showing Meneldor at around 1300 players during peak time. By contrast, Brandywine only shows about 850, and all the other servers are around 400 or less.

http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live-meneldor.php

I'm not sure what to tell you. Even the off hours for Meneldor are higher than most peak times on other servers.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I was just searching levels 0-85 in each zone, then adding em up. I guess anonymous people dont show, and it was at 3 am. PST

Rangers of the Black Watch
    Teamspeak 3 Channel: rangersoftheblackwatch(.)teamspeak3(.)com
    LOTRO Server: Meneldor
    Members: Over 20+ Active and Helpful Rangers!

I was just searching levels 0-85 in each zone, then adding em up. I guess anonymous people dont show, and it was at 3 am. PST
    Wow ... not sure I would expect many people on at 3am PST. That a very bad time to play.) You may try and see if there are any servers with a big Pacific population ... (i.e. NZ, Australia, etc) That might help since it will be about prime-time for them around that time ... I think ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    Hmmm, I'm taking a look at the login website, and it's showing Meneldor as the highest population, by far, at peak server time. I'm not sure how they're calculating this graph, but it's showing Meneldor at around 1300 players during peak time. By contrast, Brandywine only shows about 850, and all the other servers are around 400 or less.

http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live-meneldor.php

I'm not sure what to tell you. Even the off hours for Meneldor are higher than most peak times on other servers.
    I wish I knew how they get their information. That is pretty cool. I find too that I can run the site through Google Translate and understand what they are saying ... LOL

You want to get in and out of Moria as quick as possible, so I'm not surprised there were only 5 people there!