We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 39 of 39
  1. #26
    Well from the Bounder's Bounties event, Meneldor seems to be one of the 5 least active servers...I'm on Vanyar, which apparently (and to me totally surprisingly) is the most active one currently. Plus, we're across the ocean.

    If you do Helegrod Drake wing to farm some bounties, the whole raid frequently freezes for 5+ seconds if you activate too many dragon eggs at once. It's hard to tell if the server still keeps moving the mobs, but it is very obvsious that it is perfectly synchronous for all raid members, like, everyone sighs at the same moment in teamspeak

    It doesn't seem to matter if you have a ###### PC and internet connection or the best you can have...you'll freeze like everyone else.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Well from the Bounder's Bounties event, Meneldor seems to be one of the 5 least active servers...I'm on Vanyar, which apparently (and to me totally surprisingly) is the most active one currently. Plus, we're across the ocean.

    If you do Helegrod Drake wing to farm some bounties, the whole raid frequently freezes for 5+ seconds if you activate too many dragon eggs at once. It's hard to tell if the server still keeps moving the mobs, but it is very obvsious that it is perfectly synchronous for all raid members, like, everyone sighs at the same moment in teamspeak

    It doesn't seem to matter if you have a ###### PC and internet connection or the best you can have...you'll freeze like everyone else.
    That is what I been farming as well. When running that I'll tell the raid "if the server aint lagged out you aint doing it right."

    Did flights t2 last night and I think 3 outta the 5 waves had 4 summoners. It was a pain. We still managed to beat it the first try but just attempting t2c gets to be a nightmare if more waves than not are the ones with 4+ summoners and people lag 5s+ every time.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Errastas View Post
    Well I can report no lag on Crick now. fornost fire 2nd boss working normally again, and no wave spawn lag on flight. will have to wait and see if it remains this way
    Update, actually they didn't fix it, summoner waves on flight causing us to wipe due to multiple freezes.

  4. #29
    When we tried 5-manning flights t2 (got to 6 minutes..seems possible without silly mistakes) I didn't notice any lag when 4 summoners spawned. Tonight just did a pug t2 and there was the 3-5s lag on all the waves with 4 summoners. Seems fishy...7 people honestly shouldn't make that much of a difference when the lag isn't that bad in the Moors with more players in one area.

  5. #30

    Lag stops - Beyond Spikes

    I don't know, but on Riddermark, the lag is spreading to all of the erebor raids. If you are doing levers in Smaug, you see a slideshow. If you are DPS in Erebor with honor guard, you see a slideshow. If you are in Flight, it's not even a slide-show, it's polaroid photograph. Nothing has changed except for patches and updates to build a stupid- statue. I've submitted bug reports and they ask for system requirements and tell me that it's on my end. Not sure how that works when the only thing that's changed in the game since release was the changes THEY made. I don't dabble with my graphics unless I'm reducing quality to see if it stops the lag stops. Bad, bad, bad, bad things await in HD, but it, at least you get a really cool shield cosmetic!!!
    Last edited by Mirthgar; Sep 30 2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Three types of people in this world - Those who can count, and those who can't.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemiphor View Post
    I don't know, but on Riddermark, the lag is spreading to all of the erebor raids. If you are doing levers in Smaug, you see a slideshow. If you are DPS in Erebor with honor guard, you see a slideshow. If you are in Flight, it's not even a slide-show, it's polaroid photograph. Nothing has changed except for patches and updates to build a stupid-assed statue. I've submitted bug reports and they ask for system requirements and tell me that it's on my end. Not sure how that works when the only thing that's changed in the game since release was the changes THEY made. I don't dabble with my graphics unless I'm reducing quality to see if it stops the lag stops. Bad, bad, bad, bad things await in HD, but screw it, at least you get a really cool shield cosmetic!!!
    That's weird... I'm on Riddermark as well but haven't had any lag in Smaug or BfE T2 as well as minimal lag in Flight T2 (only time was 1-3 seconds of lag with the 4 summoner wave).
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Pleasefarmme-Reaver Eremourn-Burglar Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  7. #32


    Was just looking at various screenshots and remembered I took one of our minstrel healing the battlecats. Minstrel erebor set bonus ftw. It's a small heal so not a big deal. I just find it amusing.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4
    The lag is really bad on Eldar. Kills our tries every time.
    Reaction is a weakness the strong cannot afford.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,647
    Is there no way to get you pesky raiders to understand they don't want you playing their game?!!

    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Is there no way to get you pesky raiders to understand they don't want you playing their game?!!

    Its not just a raid issue. The same lag is being experienced in Fornost, GB, etc. Not sure of the status, if any, is atm. I wish we would get a "blue name" response, at least acknowledging there is an issue and there is someone (or a team) working on it.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,647
    Quote Originally Posted by mmogaming View Post
    Its not just a raid issue. The same lag is being experienced in Fornost, GB, etc. Not sure of the status, if any, is atm. I wish we would get a "blue name" response, at least acknowledging there is an issue and there is someone (or a team) working on it.
    Being that this has been an issue since RoI, it's probably just an integral part of the experience now.
    The game has had (relatively) horrendous lag for over 2 years. It's something you have to either deal with or move on.
    Spend 10 minutes in just about any other mainstream MMO if you need some perspective...
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Grams Rock - Complaining!
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Being that this has been an issue since RoI, it's probably just an integral part of the experience now.
    The game has had (relatively) horrendous lag for over 2 years. It's something you have to either deal with or move on.
    Spend 10 minutes in just about any other mainstream MMO if you need some perspective...
    Pretty ###### attitude tbh, i get zero lag in the Rfit nor GW2, for that matter WoW gives me zero lag, the only game i experience lag on is Lotro, and i dare say its a combination of there servers needing upgraded, buggy game code, which has memory leaks, and the fact my server is generally a very busy server.

    On the night we did Flight T2C we had lag, but thankfully it wasnt on a bad pull, however after we did the raid we stood by the chests taking our pictures and the reduced awarness sign appeared, how does that work?

    The lag, in my opinion is down to turbine saving pennies. CM back in the day gave zero lag also, but now my server is situated in the US.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

    Warriors of The Great Eye

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    I would agree with the previous post a bit. During the last sever downtime yesterday, I decided to try out the new Neverwinter Nights MMO with a friend. I was amazed that I was able to put the game up to the highest level graphic settings and play with no lag what-so-ever even though in the area I was playing in, I counted upwards to 30 other characters running around doing stuff.

    I play LOTRO from across the pacific ocean and so I just accept the fact that my ping is going to suck and that's just life. I'm cool with it. But Neverwinter Nights won't even let me log into the game without going through my VPN in California to spoof a US IP and I'm not getting lag. Not one bit.

    If I try playing LOTRO through my VPN, I notice even more lag and longer loading times. I haven't been able to play lotro on ultra graphics since before RoI and I've even upgrade to a newer, more powerful, faster computer. There's something wrong with LOTRO.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,544
    It's a simple fact that this game runs on a code base with a almost 10 year old core (maybe older). And over time a lot of stuff has been added to it, and I bet most of it was never expected when the foundation was laid. Probably also quite a few developers that worked on the core engine are not there anymore, and new people may add stuff without realizing what side effects they create. In programming some small, simple and originally harmless changes can have massive effects and it's sometimes very hard to find the connection.

    To use the popular car analogy, you can't expect great performance when building a Mercedes chassis around a Lada engine. It may look great from the outside when standing still, but driving will be a mess.

    Lag, rubberbanding, extreme login times and most other performance problems are just the visible symptoms of that core problem. But unfortunately the core problem can't be fixed in a realistic timeframe, so best we can hope for are more workarounds and bandaids for the symptoms.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload