We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flight to the Lonely Mountain becoming unplayable

On my server (crickhollow) flight is becoming unplayable because when a wave spawns, the game freezes for about 3 seconds. When we unfreeze, the mobs are running over the group because the tank hasn't been able to grab aggro. Obviously this is annoying because some of us are finding it impossible to get our T2 deeds. This isn't only happening on Flight, it is becoming increasingly noticeable in any instance when a group of mobs spawn in one spot. I was wondering whether people on other servers are experiencing this or whether it is limited to Crick?
    Last edited by Errastas; Aug 15 2013 at 11:52 AM.

This happens too on my main server, Imladris.

There is also a weird lag of several seconds on a mob in SotGG T2 (but it doesn't matter there)

Same on Laurelin a few weeks ago.... We experienced raid-wide, 5+ seconds of lag whenever a summoner-heavy wave spawned.

See these two threads : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ly-Mountain-T2 and https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...n-T2-challenge

Bottom line is everyone is experiencing the same lags on all the servers. It happens close to 100% of the time on the waves that have 4 summoners (with 8 cats) and sometimes with the other waves.
    It makes the fight much harder (and random) than it should be, but not unbeatable : it was taken down at least 3 times (by 2 different kinships) on Sirannon, and someone on Estel claims to have completed it too.
    I have played Flight to the Lonely Mountain on two different servers since 11.2 and the lags were just the same on both.

As some said, those "on spawn" lags are not only happening in Flight To the Lonely Mountain : the second boss in the Fire Wing of Fornost is a good example. From our end, it looks like update 11.2 introduced some lag/freeze that happen when mobs spawn, and the fact that it always happens with summoner-heavy waves tends to show it could be connected to (or amplified by) the number of mobs that spawn.
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

I'm on Crick and have given up on all 12mans and moors raids due to freezes and skill lag making them unplayable.

Some 6mans are also getting as bad.

I'm on Vanyar and yesterday we had group-wide freezes all over the place, we failed the "Lost Temple: Synchronized Slaughter" deed because of multi-second total freeze for everyone.
    It's just like the infamous U6 problems, if not worse, currently.

Fornost Wraith of Fire is at least predictable and only really bad before the fight starts, and it's not related to any challenge, but something is clearly very wrong at Turbine's Data Centre again, you can blame it on "the internet" as often as you want, it can't be the real problem, IMHO.

As Turbine keeps tellings us, its our computers or ISP. Nothing going on here, these are not the raids you are looking for...

I think Turbine has now moved on from this, I don't think it will ever get fixed, all time is now being spent on HD. So move along....

Quantar beat me to it: according to Turbine, you all have sub-par computers and sucky Internet connections. I recommend changing your ISP provider for nothing less than 200/400 and spending an extra 2k on CPU/GPU/RAM/SSD upgrades. Please share your performance results.
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm429 View Post
    all time is now being spent on HD. So move along....
    Anyone else worried?
    I'd love to know how they are going to handle "big battles" if they can't currently cope with 12 man raids. What is their definition of "big"?

I am afraid that the general opinion is that we are complaining and trolling. You cannot say an single thing nowdays about server freeze/lag because *obvious* is not Turbine's fault, is ours, by different reasons.
    For doing Flight T2 challenge or not you need to be lucky and have an good day. Sometimes you barely can do first pull, sometimes is working as intended. Lately is became worst, almost all attempts being impossible to run. So we stoped playing.

I think Turbine has now moved on from this, I don't think it will ever get fixed, all time is now being spent on HD. So move along....
    Yes, you have right. We can see this happening since an while, and we ALL know since when: Dunland/Rohan. Dont make sense to speak about fixing because in my opinion, this cannot be solved. In WoW you press the toon and in 20 sec you enter in game with an office type desktop. In Lotro you need 1 min with an I7, 16gb ram, SSD and high end video card. With an office desktop, that can reach between 2-5 min for example. The way the game is builded is the issue and the lag will became worst and worst with each update.

Oh, and the Big Battles will be an lag fest.
    And no, is not trolling. And is not constructive also. But is just the way I react when i see how this wonderful game destroyed each year more and more and not being fixed.
    Andracy - Mns; Andrady - RK; Andrac - Hnt; Andracya - Brg; Gabytza - LM; Anduta - Warden
    Officer of Rangers of Eriador / Snowbourne

Going for new big-time features without fixing issues that are here for 2+ years... Turbine are doing everything to catch new players and clearly shows they do not care about old ones who encounter old issues evey day. This is moving to completely marketing driven game now - advertising something shiny that may of course not work at all as described, but you cannot claim a refund here, can you ?

I have given up on LOTRO.
    I don't expect anything good to happen in the short future this game may still have. This way, if somehow but very unexpected, they do manage to produce something that may eventually count as "good" I will be quite pleased.
    The other way - to expect what they are advertising as a blast only proved to be a great dissapointment for me...

To the original poster and all that experience this issue - get a better computer and if this does not help - get a better game.
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

We were running FLM and got the usual lag on a 4 summoner wave. Our tank called out the lag in Mumble and another kin mate in Mumble who was in the Bree crafting hall said he had a lag spike there at the same time. I don’t know if it was coincidental or not but found it interesting.

You know, the other day I was joking that maybe the whole server lags like hell every time someone gets to the second boss in Fornost - Wraith of Fire...creepy thought that this might actually be the case...

As Turbine keeps tellings us, its our computers or ISP. Nothing going on here, these are not the raids you are looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    Quantar beat me to it: according to Turbine, you all have sub-par computers and sucky Internet connections. I recommend changing your ISP provider for nothing less than 200/400 and spending an extra 2k on CPU/GPU/RAM/SSD upgrades. Please share your performance results.
    Actually, for a while now Sapience has been saying that the problems are client-side, and the wording there is important, because he's said it's not your computers directly. It's their software misbehaving, it's just that the problem (which is their problem) is on your machines instead of theirs, which makes it a bit harder to fix.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I can confirm that on Elendilmir, the second boss of Fornost Fire caused the worst lag I've ever seen in Lotro when we ran it a few days ago. Standing around 5-10 seconds without being able to act, intermittent jumping around to new positions. Finally cleared up once about half the adds were dead.

My kin just tried this one and lagged every time we got a heavy summoner wave for between 5 and 15 seconds, practically all of us have high spec computers. Bodes ill for the big battles of Helms Deep the game can't handle twelve enemies let alone ten thousand. Maybe the next twenty questions for the devs should start with why should you keep your job seeing as you can't seem to program your way out of a paper bag?
    Leader of [url=http://hopeandglory.eu]Hope & Glory[/url] LOTRO Division

I sure hope the patch on Monday fixes this issue.

yesterday i was in a PUG on Laurelin, trying to take fligth on T1, we got wiped 3 times in a row by lag spikes...
    i sure hope its something they fix, since it cant be on the "clientside" everytime and always...
    later i did OE 2 times in a row, with 100% succes and no lags whatsoever..
    but im looking forward to see tonight what have been done, and what have been upgraded and what they have left as it was...

but away from that i still love this game.. even as a VIP
    Last edited by kyranduil; Aug 26 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Actually ive done both T1 and T2 yesterday on Withy and we didnt experience any lags at all...

So im just hoping that todays update wont mess it up again
    Christiniel, leader of Czech Royal Knights on Withywindle server

Still laggy ... oh so disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    Still laggy ... oh so disappointed.
    Really? Well this blows for us to try and raid again tonight.

Well I can report no lag on Crick now. fornost fire 2nd boss working normally again, and no wave spawn lag on flight. will have to wait and see if it remains this way

Windfola is not so lucky. Lagged out as soon as the 4 Summoners spawned. Not good.........

Really? Well this blows for us to try and raid again tonight.
    Per say, it is less laggy than before.... but I don't think they fix the lag for Flight, just lag in general.

We still lagged a good 5 seconds when 4 summoners said hello last night.

I am definitely NOT siding with Turbine on the lag issue but I will say that 99.99% of the time I experience zero lag when others in my raid group do.

I am running on Bell Fibe (30mbs d/l and 25mbs u/l).

I have:

Windows 7 64bit
    AMD FX 8150 Eight-core processor (3.6Ghz)
    GA 990FXA-UD3 Motherboard
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti
    Direct X 11
    24GB RAM
    The only thing I have tweaked on my system is the page file size (1.5 x RAM for the minimum and 3.0 x RAM for the maximum)

Meneldor server.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast