We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"Select Display Name" defaulting to wrong name every time

I have an old beta subscription and my main account. Evidently--no way to delete the old subscription--or even put it last in the list. Sigh. OK.

Is it at least possible to have the forum login default to the correct one? Every time I log in, I have to switch via the "Select Display Name" at the top right. No? Sigh. OK.

Then--barring that ability--can I at least get a confirmation window or a different location for the "Log Out (my name)" button that's right next to it?

Since I have to hit the "select name menu" EVERY time I log in to the forums, it would be nice if you didn't make it so easy to accidentally click the Log out button beside it (easy to do since it's showing the wrong name in parenthesis so I tend to hit it unthinkingly to change it--but nope--"you are logged out") Done that at least 3 times since the new forums have been up.
    I7-6700k, Gigabyte Gaming 5 motherboard, MSI GamingX GTX 1070, Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500 GB), 3200 DD4 16 GB Ram, 1920x1200 28 inch monitor, Win 10

On the top of the page, go to "My Account". Then click on "Manage Subscriptions". Then click on "Set as Default" the one you want. Worked for me, on of the biggest wins for me in the new forums...

Thanks!

You know, when the forums were first updated, I found that and changed it (a couple of times) but it didn't seem to work for my forum login default. The next day it went back.

But...at least for the test I just did--it did work. Wonder if in the early stages they reset it?

Anyway, thanks for the reminder that that's there--hopefully it will stay remembered this time!
    I7-6700k, Gigabyte Gaming 5 motherboard, MSI GamingX GTX 1070, Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500 GB), 3200 DD4 16 GB Ram, 1920x1200 28 inch monitor, Win 10

And.... it doesn't work. Notice--I'm now "daneyul_beta" now instead of "daneyul"? Out of the blue it switched me back. Haven't deleted cookies or anything.
    I also noticed it didn't go to my "default" login on other systems I log in to. Is this not cookie based?

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    PM Sapience and ask him to remove the forum posting rights from the account you do not wish to use here.

The forum rules state that you may only use one account to post on the forums anyway. If you continue to post on both accounts the moderators would eventually contact you and ask which one you wanted to use so this is just pre-empting that.

Quote Originally Posted by daneyul View Post
    I have an old beta subscription and my main account. Evidently--no way to delete the old subscription--or even put it last in the list. Sigh. OK.

Is it at least possible to have the forum login default to the correct one? Every time I log in, I have to switch via the "Select Display Name" at the top right. No? Sigh. OK.

Then--barring that ability--can I at least get a confirmation window or a different location for the "Log Out (my name)" button that's right next to it?

Since I have to hit the "select name menu" EVERY time I log in to the forums, it would be nice if you didn't make it so easy to accidentally click the Log out button beside it (easy to do since it's showing the wrong name in parenthesis so I tend to hit it unthinkingly to change it--but nope--"you are logged out") Done that at least 3 times since the new forums have been up.
    I had a feeling I could come to (one of the subfora, not knowing at first which I'd visit until I saw the name of this one), and find a post from someone with the exact tone & content to the issue I came here to grouse about..

./signed! (although I'm sure, eventually, I'll quit logging myself out.. Probably just before they switch to a different arrangement)
    [I][COLOR=#daa520][FONT=comic sans ms]~ Occasional Taunter of Masked Badgers[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms] ~[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]