We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Where is the Steed of Minas Ithil warsteed skin?

All the other paid mounts have a warsteed skin except this one. I feel jipped for having spend nearly 2000 tps to get this years ago. Please fix this!
    [font=2]"And Men spoke thereafter not of Elenna, nor of Andor the Gift that was taken away, nor of Númenórë on the confines of the world; but the exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."[/font]

Yes, please! In general, the Steed of Minas Ithil just feels like it should have a war-steed appearance regardless. I was hoping it'd have one when RoR launched, but alas.
    [center][size=1][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/2zrp7hi.jpg[/img]
    [u]ELENDILMIR[/u]: NIBENETH - LVL 85 ELF HUNTER // SILPHIUM - LVL 55 HOBBIT WARDEN[/size][/center]

I bought the Reveller's Gilded Steed when i first began lotro couple of yrs back - I have not received a warsteed set for this, but people buying this steed after ror do, now that's frustrating ><.

(speaking of and sorry to go ot - when will the miss mached colour bug be fixed for this? - i didn't pay for a blue and red horse)
    Last edited by woodwren; Aug 21 2013 at 06:18 PM.

I recall reading a statement from a Turbine representative, I'm sorry I can't recall who or where, it may have been a Dev Q&A, but they have no plans for making war-steed cosmetics for the reputation mounts or the other special mounts that preceded the release of the Rohan expansion. I agree with all of you that it is very disappointing that they haven't, and in all likelihood won't, be creating these war-steed cosmetics. It seems silly to me to have war-steed gear on mounts that are essentially palfreys.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadgerbrock View Post
    I recall reading a statement from a Turbine representative, I'm sorry I can't recall who or where, it may have been a Dev Q&A, but they have no plans for making war-steed cosmetics for the reputation mounts or the other special mounts that preceded the release of the Rohan expansion. I agree with all of you that it is very disappointing that they haven't, and in all likelihood won't, be creating these war-steed cosmetics. It seems silly to me to have war-steed gear on mounts that are essentially palfreys.
    I would pay TP for war steed cosmetics that match some of the rep or special mounts from pre RoR. I especially like the early mounts, they were much less flashy and more realistic IMO. Many of the current war steed looks are just too over the top for my taste. What is the point of having all the nice war steed skin color options when they get covered up by all the leg wraps, neck wraps and blankets many of the cosmetics have? You can barely see the horse!

Quote Originally Posted by sasha008 View Post
    What is the point of having all the nice war steed skin color options when they get covered up by all the leg wraps, neck wraps and blankets many of the cosmetics have? You can barely see the horse!
    I completely agree. That's why I only have a saddle equipped for the war-steeds of my Man characters. The war-steeds of my Elf characters are completely bare. (Tolkien wrote that Elves do not use saddles, bit, or bridle.)
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadgerbrock View Post
    I completely agree. That's why I only have a saddle equipped for the war-steeds of my Man characters. The war-steeds of my Elf characters are completely bare. (Tolkien wrote that Elves do not use saddles, bit, or bridle.)
    This is slightly incorrect. If you look in FOTR, chapter 12 "Flight to the Ford", we find Glorfindel saying to Frodo that he will "shorten the stirrups up to the saddle-skirts..." So Glorfindel, at least, rode his horse, Asfaloth, with a saddle and stirrups. Later in the chapter (toward the end), we also find mention of a bridle. There is also reference in the Silmarillion to a saddle being used by Curufin (I think) when he essentially kidnaps Luthien.

Realistically speaking, it would be a terrible decision to ride a war-steed without a saddle (specifically one with a high-back). A horse used solely for travel would not have this problem (as evidenced by Gandalf riding Shadowfax). The problem comes in when you fight in melee on horseback. It's much, much harder to stay in the saddle, and impossible to do so when lancing. The bulk of the mass of a rider + horse that comes in contact with your spear when you strike (or your mass with your enemy's spear) puts an enormous amount of force upon you, and without that high-backed saddle, you would fly right off the back of the horse. You would also want some armor for your war-steed to protect it in battle. So I have no problem at all with elves using saddles and armor on war-steeds.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Agarwaen26 View Post
    All the other paid mounts have a warsteed skin except this one. I feel jipped for having spend nearly 2000 tps to get this years ago. Please fix this!
    Add some armour on top of the blue and white, and it'll look amazing! Would love to have this! /signed!!!

Glorgnorbor
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwaen26 View Post
    All the other paid mounts have a warsteed skin except this one.
    That's not correct
    Steed of Bright Days: no war steed equipment
    Steed of Minas Ithil: no war steed equipment
    Green painted skeleton horse: no war steed skin
    Fleet-footed goat: no war steed equipment (ok, it's a goat)
    Reveller's gilded horse: no war steed equipment
    All former festival steeds now moved to the store: no war steed equipment.

In fact of the mounts released before the calss steeds, the steed of night is the only steed that comes with war steed equipment and the head piece is ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Steed of Minas Ithil: no war steed equipment
    What makes the lack of WS cosmetics for this steed curious is that during the RoR beta, something got messed up and instead of the WSs wearing the trappings of the LM steed, they were wearing the blue and white finery of the Steed of Minas Ithil.

So, somewhere, upon a time, this Steed did have the WS cosmetic equivalent. And it looked nice.

Guys, the steed of minas ithil is different than the other steeds that haven't been added to war steed cosmetics. It is the only steed I can think of that is basically 100% accurate and realistic. And yet it still maintains beauty. All the other steeds have wings, leg wrappings, and flashy colors. The steed of minas ithil just has a blanket and saddle which is accurate to what knights used in the Middle Ages. It gives you the feel that you actually are apart of Middle Earth and your steed belongs there. It's just the only steed of its kind in game and should be added. Plus, unless I remember incorrectly, this is the only steed I can think of that actually has a connection to the lore in the Lord of the Rings. I'm just giving my reasons of why I think it's so unique from all the others. I am not trying to persuade anyone, I am just trying to say why so many love this steed and want it as a cosmetic war steed outfit.
    In gleaming armor I fight for Gondor.

I need this for my Swan Knight character!

Please make it happen, Turbine...
    [center][img]http://s21.postimg.org/fkjfdnggn/Ethelond_Sig.jpg[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    ... somewhere, upon a time, this Steed did have the WS cosmetic equivalent. And it looked nice.
    As did others. My girlfriend won the headpiece for the Recruit-A-Friend horse in the lottery, since then it has not been seen anymore in the store or in the game.
    I saw the full outfit in beta.

I am also sure that SOMEWHERE outfits for the 3 Isengard-preorder horses and the Isengard reputation mounts must exist.
    They were the first horses in the game which came with modular outfits (easy to see because once the Isengard war steed was bugged and had the wrong head piece) and the same models have been used for other war steed appearances.

They don'T give us everything they have.

I am disappointed that the Isengard war steed outfit is not avaiable and even more because the whole quest line in West Rohan does not offer one single piece of equipment. That's ... bad.
    On the other side I am glad not to see the steed of Minas Ithil outfit, I just hate that piece of ####.

I really wish they would at least add a accessory for your warsteed depending on the meta deeds.
    Like, for saviour of eriador, a red flag, similar to the rep mount.

There is so much content in game (raids and instances, deeds / meta-deeds, mounts) which all gets left behind on the way to the ever increasing level cap, no wonder people complain about lack of content, if new stuff replaces old stuff, instead of adding to it..

sorry for the off-topic rant there

I totally agree. I'd love to see warsteed cosmetics for at least the Mathom Society horse, Rivendell rep horse, Lothlorien rep horse, Steed of Eriador and Elf Ambassador, and the Steed of the Jester. (The other Eriador metadeeds should have them too - but I don't have those horses so can't comment)

And yes, I'd like to have seen even a single set built into the quests of HD.

Anything other than more tablecloth cosmetics!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhloth View Post
    I totally agree. I'd love to see warsteed cosmetics for at least the Mathom Society horse, Rivendell rep horse, Lothlorien rep horse, Steed of Eriador and Elf Ambassador, and the Steed of the Jester. (The other Eriador metadeeds should have them too - but I don't have those horses so can't comment)
    I can't find it, atm, but I distinctly remember there being a mention somewhere about how steeds preceding RoR wouldn't get the War-Steed Cosmetic treatment... with the exception of the Class Steeds and the Steed of Night. But as mentioned, there was that curiosity with the Steed of Minas Ithil...
    It's understandable, imo, too; most of the steeds you mention are merely skins. The stuff they have is just 'painted on'. Turbine'd have to spend resources to turn the old looks into separate WS objects, while maintaining their look.

You can sort of cobble together a look similar to one of the Mirkwood steeds, with a WS. Black hide, black mane and tail, Hunter leggings and... um... not sure about the saddle...

As an aside, I'd love it if I could dress my WSs with the trappings of the RoI preorder steeds. 'Cause those are awesome. Even if they're 'tablecloth cosmetics'.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhloth View Post
    And yes, I'd like to have seen even a single set built into the quests of HD.
    There's a set you can gain by doing the Westemnet Warbands: it's comprised of the halter, caparison and saddle, I think. Not 100% sure, though.
    But yeah... I miss that with the HD expansion quests: no stuff for our steeds from the quests, like in Eastemnet. Nor from the rep vendors; I expected there to be something for our steeds, but no such luck. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    I can't find it, atm, but I distinctly remember there being a mention somewhere about how steeds preceding RoR wouldn't get the War-Steed Cosmetic treatment... with the exception of the Class Steeds and the Steed of Night. But as mentioned, there was that curiosity with the Steed of Minas Ithil....
    Yes, definitely - I am sadly aware it's not going to happen... just wishful thinking

As an aside, I'd love it if I could dress my WSs with the trappings of the RoI preorder steeds. 'Cause those are awesome. Even if they're 'tablecloth cosmetics'. There's a set you can gain by doing the Westemnet Warbands: it's comprised of the halter, caparison and saddle, I think. Not 100% sure, though.
    I'm absolutely not opposed to all tablecloths; I just wish we'd get a bit more variety with the festival cosmetics that come out. I like the RoI ones and I quite like the new Winter caparison, actually - but maybe for Spring we'd get something that is a bit different. A lot of the premium steeds have cosmetics more to my taste, but I can't get my head around the price. I particularly like the Steed of the Champion and the Khundolar steed. I guess I can't complain about the cosmetics if pretty ones do exist that are just a bit pricey for me.

The Westemnet warband set is really nice, and I would like to manage that at some point; it's just heavily based on luck and the RNG is not my friend most of the time, haha
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

In my experience, the Minas Ithil appearance is the most requested as a war steed tack set. Personally, I want the gear from the Steed of the Jester!

Here is a question for everyone --
    Turbine comes out with a new war steed set every month. Instead of these new sets, would you prefer them to make war steed versions of existing tack? If so, which ones would you actually pay 995 or even 1,995 TP for? If they did, would you be disappointed that nothing new was being released?
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Yes, for a few of my earned horses, I would be willing to spend up to 1000 TPs for the warsteed appearance (depending on the horse).

FYI, Steed of Minas Ithil is NOT a 1,995 TP steed like the class/store steeds, therefore it does not come with war-steed cosmetics.

when they created war-steeds, turbine said they would only make cosmetics for the class steeds and for new store exclusive steeds. THe steed of Minas Ithil was already discounted well below 1,995 TP before then, so therefore it was not included.

Also, when/if Gondor is released, they will make new Gondor steeds, so just be patient.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon