We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Second Age weapon problem - cannot link item

Hi,

I have a 2nd Age level 85 Great Hammer that will no longer link, using ctrl+right click, or by dragging the item to the chat box. It seemed to happen after I added some Riddermark Star-lit Crystals to it. I don't know whether it just coincided with that, or if adding the crystals caused it.
    I was told on 12th August 2013 in an e-mail from the 'Turbine Technical Support Team' that it's a known issue that is "under review and will be addressed in a future update," but I found a forum post from another of your customers - dated 2010 - regarding the same issue.

So is it really taking three+ years to fix this? Which future update will it be fixed in?
    Last edited by Ultradeepfield; Aug 13 2013 at 06:35 AM.

If it's really the same problem as in 2010 than it has nothing to do with crystals, as those didn't exist back then. It's likely a bug that only appears in under very specific circumstances, so it doesn't happen all that often. As the effects are not exactly gamebreaking it will have a pretty low priority, and may not be really fixed ever (if it's hard to track down). The answer you got basically just means that the problem is listed in their bug tracking system, nothing more, nothing less.
    Also mind that a forum post from 2010 stating the same problem doesn't mean that the bug has been properly reported at that time as well.

Mind I'm not trying to defend Turbine here, just putting some realistic expectations on the issue.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Grimdi,

Thank you very much for your reply. Why did I get a far more helpful response and a straighter answer from a fellow customer than from 'technical support' fobbing me off? You're doing their job for them!
    I would gladly tolerate some server downtime so that some of these game defects, including the camera zoom bug, could be fixed. Take a couple of weeks, if you need to, Turbine, just fix the broken parts of the game please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultradeepfield View Post
    Grimdi,

Thank you very much for your reply. Why did I get a far more helpful response and a straighter answer from a fellow customer than from 'technical support' fobbing me off? You're doing their job for them!
    Because Grimdi has far more time to reply to you and isn't trying to respond to thousands of other enquiries at the same time.

The thing with bugs like this is that Turbine have to be able to reproduce them in order to gather the data needed to fix them. If this is a rare bug (I'd never heard of it before) then managing to make it happen enough times for them in order to get the data they need could take a very long time, or may never happen at all in the end.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Because Grimdi has far more time to reply to you and isn't trying to respond to thousands of other enquiries at the same time.

Hi WBS!

How do you know that? Do you know Grimdi personally? For all we know, he might've typed that reply from a busy office cubicle while in an urgent phone call, with more callers on hold, and while filling in some important forms in triplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    ...and isn't trying to respond to thousands of other enquiries at the same time.
    Oh, the poor overworked things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultradeepfield View Post
    Hi WBS!

How do you know that? Do you know Grimdi personally? For all we know, he might've typed that reply from a busy office cubicle while in an urgent phone call, with more callers on hold, and while filling in some important forms in triplicate.
    I do not, but if that is the case then they should have been doing their job and not posting here. Perhaps that's what the Turbine rep was doing rather than bothering with your ticket? You seem to feel that it's acceptable for Grimdi
    to do so while working, why not the Turbine Technical Support reps?
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.