We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Random cool things/items and things to do

I'm a big fan of some of the cool items/things LoTRO has in the game which also help with role playing. These include being able to smoke pipe-weed and have the animation for it, drink alcohol with the animation (especially in taverns), play musical instruments, etc. I'm fairly new to the game and would like to know some cool items or things to do like these things. So I'm basically asking what are some fun things to do, as well as what are some items that add atmosphere to the game as well as enjoyment. May seem like a dumb question but these things that I listed above truly make the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon262644 View Post
    I'm a big fan of some of the cool items/things LoTRO has in the game which also help with role playing. These include being able to smoke pipe-weed and have the animation for it, drink alcohol with the animation (especially in taverns), play musical instruments, etc. I'm fairly new to the game and would like to know some cool items or things to do like these things. So I'm basically asking what are some fun things to do, as well as what are some items that add atmosphere to the game as well as enjoyment. May seem like a dumb question but these things that I listed above truly make the game for me.
    - Many emotes and force emote items (from the festivals)
    - Some decoration items can be used. Example the keg, you can drink from it. The guard dog, you can walk him around in your house. The light, or fireplace you can light up...
    - The hobby horse, a "horse" drop from a festival box (forget with one).
    - Fishing hobby
    Those are some other that i know

I too enjoy the simple pleasures of Lotro, and actually wish the above things you mentioned had more of a role in the game. But I spoke of that in one of my suggestions... Anyways, one of the things I greatly enjoy is standing in the front lawn of my home in the Shire, smoking a pipe and enjoying the stunning graphics Turbine has given us. If you're into the roleplaying aspect of the game as I am, this is a simple yet very enjoyable thing to do for me at least. I also enjoy travelling to the various locations of importance to the lore of The Lord of the Rings. If you're a true fan of the books, it's a lot of fun to explore places like Bag End, The Prancing Pony, and Elrond's home in Rivendell, to name a few, as it makes you feel as if you are experiencing that which the characters of the books experienced. Hope some of these suggestions help you. Happy travels!
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]Every time someone uses Gandalf's quote from Peter Jackson's "The Fellowship of the Ring" where he says "You shall not pass!", I come a little closer to snapping... It's "You [I][U]cannot[/U][/I] pass!" for Durin's sake![/COLOR]

Oh and 1 more thing, there are chairs in lotro that when you stand in the right spot on them, and /sit, you will drag the chair back and sit on it.

Jumping from roof to roof on horseback. Repeatedly attempting jumps on horseback and then falling a long way. Ooh, even better, lying down and watching a friend jump on horseback and fall from a great height. How we laughed. Gabilshathur in Angmar and Ost Galadh in Mirkwood are particular favourites.

Ah, I just remembered doom-shrooms. Hilarious.

In the Shire there are several places set up for festival activities but you can still participate in the activities even if the festival is not currently happening. For example, there are fence rail races you can do where you attempt to balance yourself while running down a fence rail, there are horse race tracks in the Shire and in Bree. There is an arena near the Bree festival ground where you can play a game of tag with friends.

In Trestlebridge (North of Bree), there is a location near the bridge on the town side where you can jump from a great height into the river below without dying. Sometimes we enjoy having one person get down in the river so we can use their marker on the map as a target and everyone tries to jump and get as close as possible to them when they land.

We've organized our own speed eating contests before where each person puts the same type of food in their inventory and then do an eating/running race where they go to one location, eat, go to the next location, eat, etc until finished. These can be done on the festival grounds using tables, or in Bree in the banquet hall or Thorin's Hall. I bet you could even make this a smoking race if you wanted.

There are stages in the Shire and Bree where you and friends could put on your own play, drama, concert, etc.

The game really does lend itself towards those who use their imaginations.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    The guard dog, you can walk him around in your house.
    What, where do you get them from?
    I want a guard dog for my house!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    What, where do you get them from?
    I want a guard dog for my house!
    You can get a guard dog, and also a guard elf/man/hobbit/dwarf in the store. It's a yard hook item.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

-Prized Pie: You get this repeat-use item from quests from Sandson's Farm in the Shire. It gives you a pie to carry around, pretty fun.
    -Chicken Play: This is a series of quests also found at Sandson's Farm in the Shire where you session play as a chicken. If you do most of the quests, you get The Cloak of the Cluck, which on use makes your character shake and cluck like a chicken. If you do ALL of the quests, you get the title Crosser of Roads, but the last quest is pretty difficult.
    -Ronald Dwale's Pipe: This is a repeat-use item from quests in Dwalling, outside of Oatbarton in Evendim. When you smoke the pipe, a little smoke bird flies out of it. The questline that bestows the pipe on you is in reference to J.R.R. Tolkien and his writing group the Inklings.
    -Summerdays Fireworks: A permanent item you can earn during the Summer Festival that on-use shoots a firework into the sky which forms a shimmery green tree.
    -Anniversary Fireworks: A permanent item you get during the Anniversary Festival if you have been playing the game for at least one year. It shoots a multi-colored firework into the air.
    -The Adventures of Floid and Dewitt: Floid the Mighty Steed (an Inn League pony) and Dewitt the Explorer (a traveling drunkard) are adventurers that you'll find in remote locations throughout the game. There are two deeds associated with finding them in every zone that aware cool titles.
    -The Bunny the Bit the Bear: Found in the latter zones is a fearsome bunny of doom, probably in reference to The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. This bunny is usually found in triumphant pose on top of a bear skin, although sometimes he is just surrounded by the bones of his victims. The earliest in the game you can find him is in Enedwaith.
    -Snowman: Go explore the Vale of Thrain to discover this one.
    -Sandcastle: In Evendim.
    -Tag Ruins: In Bree-land, near the Festival area, are two ruins within which you can play games of tag. Take friends and enter the ruins -- the games will automatically start. One ruin is for regular tag and the other is for freeze tag.
    -Ridge-runner: In Eregion, there is a secret jumping puzzle to get up on the Hollin Ridge. If you manage it, you get the title.
    -Well-traveled: Timmy fell in a well. Oh well! At least he got this title!
    -Blind Leaper: There are lots of dark holes in Moria to fall into. If you fall in enough of them, you get this title!
    -Master Ascender: In Ost Galadh in Mirkwood, another hidden deed.
    -There are actually lots of hidden deeds that are just fluff. Enedwaith alone has five!
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola