We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are Lore master's any good?

I have a level 60 Elf Lore master and was wondering if they are any good at soloing the higher levels, being needed in groups, in PVMP and so on. I have been looking at many posts such as "Best solo class/ or class", "Best class for PVMP", "Best class for groups" and other posts like that and it is making me angry how I've looked at over 30 posts and have seen every class mentioned besides the lore master as being good at anything. It is getting me discouraged as no one seems to think a lore master is any good and I am considering if I should even level to 85 or not. I have only done solo so far so I have not seen any other classes in action but IMO at the moment LM is pretty good as I was soloing level 63 quests and mobs/bosses that were orange/red for me with ease. (I often can take down mobs without them even reaching me.) So should I continue or not on the Lore master. I play to win and don't want to be playing the worst class in the game and get destroyed. It would help if someone can compare the LM to the other classes like saying who would win in a 1v1 or something. Thanks!

LM isn't amazing dps or heals. LM excels at debuffing, and it does it better than anybody. In addition, Lore-master has the ability to provide immunity to stuns for up to 1.5 minutes, something no other class can do. That being said, LM dps isn't awful and the heals are useful, especially when you get Water-lore.
    In 1v1, LM can probably beat any class (assuming equal skill and gear) if played properly. In fact, many classes would have trouble doing much at all against a competent LM.

So I'm trying to figure out what you want exactly. If you want an awesome DPS class, then no, LM is not the one. The DPS is still fun, but when you get to end-game group content, Lore-master is expected to provide stun immunity to tanks at healers at a minimum, and keep up debuffs at all times.

I personally have not taken a loremaster past level 20 yet, so I can't answer your question per say, but I'd suggest also posting your question under game discussion/character creation & development/loremasters. That's the thread dedicated strictly to loremasters, and it might also have more information for you there.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimbleGrumble View Post
    LM isn't amazing dps or heals. LM excels at debuffing, and it does it better than anybody. In addition, Lore-master has the ability to provide immunity to stuns for up to 1.5 minutes, something no other class can do. That being said, LM dps isn't awful and the heals are useful, especially when you get Water-lore.
    In 1v1, LM can probably beat any class (assuming equal skill and gear) if played properly. In fact, many classes would have trouble doing much at all against a competent LM.

So I'm trying to figure out what you want exactly. If you want an awesome DPS class, then no, LM is not the one. The DPS is still fun, but when you get to end-game group content, Lore-master is expected to provide stun immunity to tanks at healers at a minimum, and keep up debuffs at all times.
    I don't really care about dps just wanted to hear that LMs were not a bad class and could handle most classes in a 1v1. Thanks for the info I'll probably stick with it until level 85 as it seems like it is a needed class.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon262644 View Post
    I don't really care about dps just wanted to hear that LMs were not a bad class and could handle most classes in a 1v1. Thanks for the info I'll probably stick with it until level 85 as it seems like it is a needed class.
    Out of my own curiosity, I have to ask: why are you so interested in 1v1? Sparring is just done for fun, and actual PvP is against Monster players.

LM is an awesome class all around. Red traited they become a tactical champ with aoe dps. In raids you do a bit of everything: debuff, share power, cc, anti-stun, dps.

A decently played LM in the moors gets the creeps in a tizzy, tho because of that you'll be one of the early targets. Sadly, many LMs won't keep stun immunity on the healers so the healers don't stand much of a chance if focused (stun locked and dead in 5 seconds) then things go downhill from there.

LM was one of the original god mode classes - before there were wardens and class revamps. They could take on the challenging mobs as they had a skill/tool for almost every situation; they still do, but most other classes do too now.

Yeah Loremasters are great! Solo: they can take out almost(if not) everything on level that isn't stun/daze/root immune. And with the help of your pet, by kiting a bit more, using him as tank, you will be able to beat some big badasses, even though they have those immunities just try some of those big elites, (im 65 now, I just beated a troll on the map around Dol Guldur, 20k, its worth a shot )
    Grouping: you are important, just too bad, not everybody, especially those who never played a LM, knows how important you are.
    You heal the healer, whenever he forgets himself, you debuff, you stun the enemies, by doing these thngs you control the entire battle. You provide stunimmunity to the healer and tank, so basically you make sure your fellowship wont be wiped sounds important to me
    As Im just 65 I cant really tell you my experiences above, nor about PvMP, but I sparred a couple of times, when well played and well prepared, you are able to win most on-level battles

class becomes great right in a while you start enjoying it. i think you can't really say it individually, just like you can. if someone tells you 'hey, this is a great one, come play it!' and you won't feel it yourself, then noone can really tell you and make you satisfied with what you want to hear. well, at least that's what i think

and what's about me, i love lore-master most of all classes. as far as you understand it, you see how lovely you can play around with it and have a blast.. some people do really strange things on their lore-masters, even in high levels..

Check out the LM forum.... There is a LM that healed BfE, a thread on LM tanks for 3 mans, etc. LMs are only as good as the person playing it. We ran 6 mans last night with a Cappy tank, 3 LMs in DPS, 1 RK heals and 1 RK dps. The mobs didn't even try to fight us, it was a bad night to be evil We ignored most mechanics and burned though everything.

The real question is the person a good LM. A bad LM is a totally wasted slot where as even a poor champ will contribute. Good LMs are worth their weight in gold. Debuffs keep the healers less busy, anti stun the heavys and healer, cc as required, heals, etc. In the moors as noted above they are a primary target of the creeps. Tells ya something there. In SoA days bosses could be CCed until a LM (Shauna) was soloing all the content in the game as a level 50 LM. Watching his videos is a treat to watch a master at work. While I can see what he is doing, it far exceeds my skill set to do it.

But, in the long run, it applies to any class. A person who understands their class and skills, will always exceed a person who depends on gear and some rotation they pulled off the forums. My .02
    Used to show a pic... Seems to be broken links now. Good Ole Turbine.