We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How About Draigoch Scales?

I was wondering if there was a remote chance of having Draigoch Scales in the lotteries? They are sorely overpriced in the AH, plus ppl who run Draigoch and already have the scales roll for them anyways and end up winning them even tho they don't need them and then brag about it on GLFF...."I have 40 scales, oops did I say that?"

So, please put Draigoch Scales in the lotteries like you do Sigils!

Thanks for your time!
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

Officer and, yet Blamed! - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

Re: How About Draigoch Scales?

I gave up on getting scales a long time ago. Draigoch is too boring to just run over and over again with a 1/12 chance of actually winning the scales. I think I've done it 15 - 20 times now and never even gotten close to getting a scale.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

That's why I would like a chance to win them in the lotteries! Even though those who don't need them will still play the lottery for them...However, make them bound to account! That way they can't be sold and you have to use them for your own alts!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHug View Post
    That's why I would like a chance to win them in the lotteries! Even though those who don't need them will still play the lottery for them...However, make them bound to account! That way they can't be sold and you have to use them for your own alts!
    I can see no reason not to add them I guess. I imagine the chances of actually winning them are pretty low though. Even with all the lotteries they have now I only win maybe once a month on one of my 7 alts that enter every week. So, even if they added the scales to the lotto, I wouldn't really expect to win them.

So, sure. I support that, add them to the lotto.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Keep Dreaming, the way to Earn Scales is going Draigoch, or farm a huge amount of gold to purchase 3 scales...

My way is killing Draigoch ofc.

Got 2 cloaks and is a matter of luck, but as lotery price I'm don't agree, trophies must be earned entering the arena...

Good luck
    [CENTER][SIZE=1] Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - [SIZE=1]Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)[/SIZE]
    "HERE &[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/123mgqc.jpg[/IMG]& THERE" [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Yes, would be nice to see them in the Lotteries

Sorry Hayley, but this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    ...or farm a huge amount of gold to purchase 3 scales...
    is inconsistent with this:
    trophies must be earned entering the arena...
    If I understand this right you don't want to see them in the Lotteries, not only because they have to be earned at Draigoch, but also because the winner wouldn't have to give his/her gold to the raiding people? Base motive
    [CENTER]Lange Tage und angenehme Nächte - Long days and pleasant nights
    ---Moon is full, never seems to change...---

[/CENTER]

Keep Dreaming, the way to Earn Scales is going Draigoch, or farm a huge amount of gold to purchase 3 scales...

My way is killing Draigoch ofc.

Got 2 cloaks and is a matter of luck, but as lotery price I'm don't agree, trophies must be earned entering the arena...

Good luck
    First of all I am not in the game to make huge amounts of virtual monies...And the amount asked for them is absurd!

Second, I feel that there is greediness when doing the Draigoch run! I know I want the scales for my toons but when the players who roll on them that don't need the scales! "I have 40 of them, oops did I say that?" Thanks, but no thanks. Especially when you run the instance and it bugs out on you in phase 3. It doesn't mean I won't stop running the instance and hope that my turn in the lottery comes up!

Third, it would still be a matter of luck in the lottery! I wouldn't be able to sell them because they should be bound to account.

Thanks for your input anyways.

I completely agree with that, people's asking for unnecessary amounts of G, I'll never pay for them I'm sure I won mine on Draigoch runs, maybe a better move made by dev's is turn that trophies in Bind on Acc stuff, we really will be improved at this spot, the other side would be people trading cloaks...
    [CENTER][SIZE=1] Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - [SIZE=1]Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)[/SIZE]
    "HERE &[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/123mgqc.jpg[/IMG]& THERE" [/SIZE][/CENTER]

As for scales on the lottery, I can see it happening, but not until a couple months before Rohan comes out...

As for winning the scales, I've lost count on how many times I've actually run Draigoch now, but I've won 14 scales total now, 3 toons are outfitted with a cloak, and I gave one set away to a kinmate who hadn't won any yet. My kin also has a 'drop box' for extra/unneeded items. I know there are a few of us who have put in extra scales and outfitted kinmates this way too.

However, and I feel your pain SilverHug and know EXACTLY what Champion on Nimrodel you're talking about... He won the scales on my last run through as well... I made a crack in glff that he must have a stack of the things by now... As far as I'm concerned, certain people are out of hand when rolling for non-bound items. Especially since Utleth (woops, did I say his name) only has one toon... Not even like he's rolling for alts, just greed. Sort of a piss off when I was on my cappy who actually NEEDS scales still...

/Signed. May as well add then to the lottery. The way the raid bugs, it is a lottery to try and win anyway.

I have given up on getting scales. I have run countless Draigoch runs (exceeding 60) and haven't been able to pull down a single set and yet others have been able to win them over and over again to the point they have multiple cloaks for each of their toons, I'm not blaming them but it has become to frustrating at this point for me to even bother with Draigoch anymore.

It just seems some accounts have a better chance of winning them over other accounts. So I have run my last Draigoch run unless lotro decides to change how they are given out, maybe a token on the completion of each Draigoch and after so many tokens you can turn them in for a set of scales kind of like getting a first age weapon from turtle runs.

With RoR coming out it would be hard to get a group that has knowledge of running it in a decent manner anyway for awhile.

To all those who haven't been able to get a set I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by Megruth; Oct 08 2012 at 11:05 AM.

Congradulations. mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHug View Post
    I was wondering if there was a remote chance of having Draigoch Scales in the lotteries? They are sorely overpriced in the AH, plus ppl who run Draigoch and already have the scales roll for them anyways and end up winning them even tho they don't need them and then brag about it on GLFF...."I have 40 scales, oops did I say that?"

So, please put Draigoch Scales in the lotteries like you do Sigils!

Thanks for your time!
    the most recent lottery actually did include draigoch scales. although i wish you could buy them in the turbine store.

Quote Originally Posted by XxDemetryxX View Post
    the most recent lottery actually did include draigoch scales. although i wish you could buy them in the turbine store.
    Well, how about that! Dreams can come true! It took over a year but it happened! Hey, if anybody won them and reads this post...Did you get all 3 scales with this lottery? And grats to those who did win them!

As far as buying them, I believe they should be made available to be bartered for with medallions and seals at the skirmish camps like shards and other crafting special items. What say you?

My Champion won that lottery. And yes, there were 3 scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriadrel View Post
    My Champion won that lottery. And yes, there were 3 scales.
    Excellent!!! Congratulations on your win and I am glad it came with all 3 scales!