We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Tact mastery, outgoing heals.

I am just leveled a 85 mini but still working on raising my outgoing healing, right now it's at 55.8%. I am still working on finishing hytbold, which is slow but been using mithril coins to reset the quest. I know the 10% healing on a set of 4 is pretty good. What else can I do or get for her?
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

It's hard to say what else you should slot if we don't know what you already have. It would be much better if you posted a screenshot of your character panel so people can give you more informed suggestions.

Also, is that outgoing healing rating unbuffed?

Edit: here's my build (or one of them) in case it helps.

And yes, I need to work on my zeal .
    Last edited by Elemiire; Aug 12 2013 at 06:53 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qXkuC35.jpg?1[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [COLOR="#00cc99"][B][CENTER]And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

2 pieces of the erebor set gives + crit heal chance
    Menders ring gives proc group heal
    Arthedain scholars tattered cloak procs a 5% healing mod

There are more rings etc:

Just my two-penneth but don't get hung up so on getting your tm up as high as you can because it is diminishing, balance it with crit rating. You will heal better. Doing flight the other night i noticed in combat analysis i was averaging around 46% crit (buffed of course) and that is with an 18% crit base
    Last edited by Lazlo10; Aug 12 2013 at 06:45 PM.

I think it was with tale.

I have 4 pieces of BG set since I have not finished hytbold, crafted pants and crafted chest, cloak is the Dale -Man cloak, shield is crafted wildermore one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
    I think it was with tale.
    [pic]

I have 4 pieces of BG set since I have not finished hytbold, crafted pants and crafted chest, cloak is the Dale -Man cloak, shield is crafted wildermore one.
    I think you're stacking too much mastery and too little crit so you're definitely encountering diminishing returns. Get some more crit instead of mastery, and your total healing will increase, guaranteed.

That said, this is my opinion on your gear. Others might argee or disagree with me, but this is my view

* I think you're stacking way too much fate. You would benefit more from raw crit because of the usually bigger slices on items and also because, as a Minstrel, you don't really need high icpr.

* Your vitality is a little low. Granted, it doesn't matter as much anymore because you will have very high base tactical mitigation -and physical is situational-, so you will benefit more from raw morale, but even then, I would get some more vitality.

* Get rid of fidelity. Tactical mitigation virtues are next to useless for casters nowadays.

* In my opinion, the crafted gold necklaces are not worth it for pure healers. I guess it works if you're going harmony, but in a pure healing scenario, there are far better pieces -I can look through my inventory later-.

* Your pocket item is not bad, but there are better things. I suggest you try to get the Western Seas Navigation chart if the crafted horse lords is not an option.

* Not sure which bracelets you're using, but those look like the ones that proc on damaging skills. Again, this works for harmony and war speech, but in a strictly healing scenario, the procs are wasted. Get the Wildermore ones if you can, or the Guthfinn's bangle from IP.

* For your final armour set, I would go 4 Hytbold + 2 Erebor watcher, and Lazlo said. I was doing that until recently, but I decided to test a different build.

Edit: I would also reply the yellow trait that adds to mitigation and resistances (forgot what it's called ), and go with a more useful yellow.
    Last edited by Elemiire; Aug 14 2013 at 02:15 AM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qXkuC35.jpg?1[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [COLOR="#00cc99"][B][CENTER]And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

I agree with the general sentiment expressed here that you don't want to push tactical mastery too high as you'll be compromising your crit and survivability to do so.

For my top tier raid build I have,

4 Hytbold + 2 Greater Erebor, focussing and crit defence/crit rating.
    Earrings - 2 from BfE
    Necklace - Gold with crit defence
    Rings - Rohan Healers gold + Sch/Lib gold drop
    Bracelets - 2 from Wildmore
    Pocket - Drop from OD- disease (big dose of crit defense)
    Shield - Wildmore/Mirkwood gold

As you can see I put a big priority on getting a decent crit defense, in most stuff you won't need it quite so high. I just can't be bothered maintaining separate loadouts for easier content.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Thanks all, I am just finishing up hytbold and starting wildermore once I finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post
    * Your pocket item is not bad, but there are better things. I suggest you try to get the Western Seas Navigation chart if the crafted horse lords is not an option.
    What is this Western Seas Navigation Chart and where does one get it? It does not appear to be in the wiki...

As I posted in the general character development thread (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Gear-resources), I wish I could find better gear-planning resources - there seems to be a lot of stuff that's not on http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User...Item_Checklist which is the best source I've found so far. Maybe it's just selective memory but it seems like it was a lot easier to find this info at 65 and 75.

I thought my mini was decently well set up, considering how hard it is to find groups (on my server, at my playing times). But he's well short of Ceremony's build. With tale up he's just over 30k tac mastery, IIRC around 17% crit chance, vit and fate both just under 400, morale just over 8000. Earrings - crit crafted level 80 pieces, since good instance drop pieces seem incredibly rare this level cap, and the wildermore crafted pieces are only slightly better and don't seem worth the crest and guild symbol; Necklace - wildermore barter; wrists - one wildermore crafted, one survivors barter; rings - 2x wildermore crafted. Pocket is the wildermore barter piece, unlikely ever to go gold since I've only found 1 warband token and the Survivors grind just to friend was tedious enough. Shield is wildermore crafted, which appears to be best in slot unless there's something awesome missing from everything I've seen on the wiki. I'm very happy with my armor setup, 4 Hytbold Watcher, 2 Hytbold Skald, works well in both groups and solo. I don't see that changing until 95.

Suggestions for upgrades that are reasonable to obtain would be most welcome. I don't have the Erebor cluster as a result of my level 75 experience (six characters capped, 10 months, grand total of 9 Draigoch runs and 0.8 ToO T1 runs - instance clusters now strike me as a very poor value). I'm trying to get kin 6-mans/3-mans going, but we usually don't have enough 85s on. PUGs when they exist at all tend to be Sambrog farms which are pretty useless for gear (marks/meds are useful for empowerment scrolls at least - bad luck on my weapon legacies this time ).

How is the drop rate on that School/Library gold ring? Plausibly farmable, or would that just be an exercise in frustration?

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    What is this Western Seas Navigation Chart and where does one get it? It does not appear to be in the wiki...
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...%28Level_85%29

Breaching the Necromancer's Gate
    Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair
    The Battle in the Tower

Getting to the skirmish loot is abit tricky if you dont know what you want already.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by 00CloughRN View Post
    I agree with the general sentiment expressed here that you don't want to push tactical mastery too high as you'll be compromising your crit and survivability to do so.

For my top tier raid build I have,

4 Hytbold + 2 Greater Erebor, focussing and crit defence/crit rating.
    Earrings - 2 from BfE
    Necklace - Gold with crit defence
    Rings - Rohan Healers gold + Sch/Lib gold drop
    Bracelets - 2 from Wildmore
    Pocket - Drop from OD- disease (big dose of crit defense)
    Shield - Wildmore/Mirkwood gold

As you can see I put a big priority on getting a decent crit defense, in most stuff you won't need it quite so high. I just can't be bothered maintaining separate loadouts for easier content.
    If you don't me asking, what is your crit defence (%)?
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

SnH Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...%28Level_85%29

Breaching the Necromancer's Gate
    Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair
    The Battle in the Tower

Getting to the skirmish loot is abit tricky if you dont know what you want already.
    Thanks! Too bad though, it's *long* past the skraid era for 85... I really wish people did those year-round instead of just in the months between an expansion and its associated instance cluster.

Unless they've changed loot drops such that one can sometimes get these items from solo/3/6-person skirmishes? I haven't heard of any such thing, just hoping.

Milana Rank 12 Minstrel , Carmo rank 10 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    Suggestions for upgrades that are reasonable to obtain would be most welcome. I don't have the Erebor cluster as a result of my level 75 experience (six characters capped, 10 months, grand total of 9 Draigoch runs and 0.8 ToO T1 runs - instance clusters now strike me as a very poor value). I'm trying to get kin 6-mans/3-mans going, but we usually don't have enough 85s on. PUGs when they exist at all tend to be Sambrog farms which are pretty useless for gear (marks/meds are useful for empowerment scrolls at least - bad luck on my weapon legacies this time ).

How is the drop rate on that School/Library gold ring? Plausibly farmable, or would that just be an exercise in frustration?
    Others were right about the sea chart. For earrings you could try the drop from Fornost: water, but generally I'll stand by what I said before. One thing you might consider is checking the auction house, as most things are BoE (skirmish loot excepted), you may be able to find somepieces you like there. As for the gold ring, if you find general instance loot a bit of a farm, I suggest avoiding chasing gold drops like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by xmorzan View Post
    If you don't me asking, what is your crit defence (%)?
    I seem to remember being about 3000-3500 rating, 35%. I'll check and let you know if it is much different, not by my gaming rig right now.

I seem to remember being about 3000-3500 rating, 35%. I'll check and let you know if it is much different, not by my gaming rig right now.
    Alright thanks. I've had to change a few things for different raids to be more effective. For BFE t2c, we completely avoided the distributed so I didn't worry about CD as I was mainly taking inferno damage and a few stray arrows from the adds. With Flight challenge and the lag in there being what it is, it seems like CD will be more useful(If my kin decides to even go for it). Not to mention having more in the moors might make those impales hurt less XD
    Last edited by xmorzan; Aug 15 2013 at 01:11 PM.
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

SnH Landroval

For earrings you could try the drop from Fornost: water
    There is an earring with the same stats that drops in Ost Dunhoth: disease wing (the trees fight) that is a lot easier to get than the Fornost one. That said, I have two with those stats (one from disease and the other one from way back when I first ran Thorog at 85 ... that's the third instance where you can get an earring with the same stats, but definitely the hardest to farm) equipped, and still carry around two from the Erebor trolls instance if I ever find myself in need of more survivability. I have yet to use them though, usually I switch shields if I want more survivability and don't bother with switching earrings (may change if I ever get my hands on the golden minstrel shield).

Quote Originally Posted by Bramor View Post
    There is an earring with the same stats that drops in Ost Dunhoth: disease wing (the trees fight) that is a lot easier to get than the Fornost one. That said, I have two with those stats (one from disease and the other one from way back when I first ran Thorog at 85 ... that's the third instance where you can get an earring with the same stats, but definitely the hardest to farm) equipped, and still carry around two from the Erebor trolls instance if I ever find myself in need of more survivability. I have yet to use them though, usually I switch shields if I want more survivability and don't bother with switching earrings (may change if I ever get my hands on the golden minstrel shield).
    I'm not sure by what measure your saying OD is easier to farm, water is a quick easy instance, that seems to be run regularly and requires 6 people. OD requires you to get 12 people together who have all unlock the second wing, and while being pretty easy for experienced people, will quickly kill people who don't know what they're doing (I think, can't remember which mechanics are T2 only). But yes is certainly an option, and one which is arguably more fun.

I'm not sure by what measure your saying OD is easier to farm,
    May be a difference depending on what server you are on and who you usually run with. I know I've had a much easier time getting into od groups than finding people willing to run Fornost water over and over again (especially as a healer, I've had a much easier time getting into Fornost groups as a tank ), plus loot seems to drop more readily in od with a (subjectively) much higher teal per head count.

Quote Originally Posted by Solador View Post
    I love your theme

Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post
    * Get rid of fidelity. Tactical mitigation virtues are next to useless for casters nowadays.
    Can I ask why that is? I always thought that mitigations were good for raids, but then I took a break from the game in between Mirkwood and Rohan. It seems to help with solo, at least, and even with Fidelity I am not capped on Tactical mitigation. I'm just curious as to the reasoning. Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000985ff/01008/signature.png]Rynda[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rynda View Post
    Can I ask why that is? I always thought that mitigations were good for raids, but then I took a break from the game in between Mirkwood and Rohan. It seems to help with solo, at least, and even with Fidelity I am not capped on Tactical mitigation. I'm just curious as to the reasoning. Thanks.
    Eventually, as your will and vitality and armour get better, you do cap tactical mitigations making those virtues useless. Actually they become useless slightly before cap for the the purpose of PvE raids as captain or lore-master buffs would cap them (though worth noting that the character panel display percent values against level 85 mobs, some may be slightly higher level)
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

I'm not with the best gear, but I think it's kind of OK.

113,6% tactical offence
    55,6% outgoing healing
    38,2% physical mitigation
    38,8% tactical mitigation
    30,9% critical defence
    21,0% resistance

PS: forgot to change de traits for the SS.