We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

BOT AND Multi-boxing AND Rank Farming, the next step?

We've currently got couple of players on our server who are doing it.
    It's pretty obvious, and been ticketed last week multiple times by multiple players with very explicit screenshots and/or video.
    Nothing has been done, one was at it again minutes ago.

Am I wrong or the use of BOT is not allowed?
    If the use of BOT is not allowed, how GMs handle the cases unless by catching the culprit red-handed?
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

Multiboxing okay. Rank farming...not okay but nothing will be done about it. BOT? Not okay but I think it's tough to prove. Turbine's dropped the ball rather severely with this issue which has been debated ad nauseum in the forums for a long time now. Report it every time, maybe even hope for some action, but as Eomer said, 'Don't trust to hope, it (and Turbine) has forsaken these lands (of the Moors)'.
    Leafblade, Captain
    [IMG]http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/70969104/2532739[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    We've currently got couple of players on our server who are doing it.
    It's pretty obvious, and been ticketed last week multiple times by multiple players with very explicit screenshots and/or video.
    Nothing has been done, one was at it again minutes ago.

If the use of BOT is not allowed, how GMs handle the cases unless by catching the culprit red-handed?

Here we go again another player that needs to be educated. Do you even know the definition of a multi-boxer or botting?

multi-boxer= a person that runs multiple accounts that is actively on them. Just because you have more than one account going does not make you a botter

Bot= a person that uses a program to animate leveling, farming, ect ect without him being present or making each key stroke.

I am a multi-boxer and it upsets me to no end of the earth when a noob comes buy and calls me a botter without even knowing what either definition of botting and multi-boxer mean or are.

that being said, get your facts straight, I can care less if you report me, But get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by staveisle View Post
    Multiboxing okay. Rank farming...not okay but nothing will be done about it. BOT? Not okay but I think it's tough to prove.
    Defiler, Freaver, Hunter (Champion).
    Each action timed every 36 sec. (Rez, Heal, Movement forward, Focus, Gear swap,...) over 30 min or so.
    Kill the defiler, or Hunter, you'll have the same timed routine from the one alive. If you are lucky you'll even have a Freaver says : ''wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww''.
    Coincidence or BOT software?

Quote Originally Posted by Erus2 View Post
    Here we go again another player that needs to be educated. Do you even know the definition of a multi-boxer or botting?

multi-boxer= a person that runs multiple accounts that is actively on them. Just because you have more than one account going does not make you a botter

Bot= a person that uses a program to animate leveling, farming, ect ect without him being present or making each key stroke.

I am a multi-boxer and it upsets me to no end of the earth when a noob comes buy and calls me a botter without even knowing what either definition of botting and multi-boxer mean or are.

that being said, get your facts straight, I can care less if you report me, But get your facts straight.

Educate me on the definition of ''AND'', please.
    Nice sig. by the way. Enlightening.
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

2 things

1. it totally seams like a botter, if you had worded your post with it maybe just maybe i would have not went off.

2. my cig is none of your dam business and if you was half as smart as you think you where, you would know that is the default. I dont need a cig to define who I am.

2 things

1. it totally seams like a botter, if you had worded your post with it maybe just maybe i would have not went off.

2. my cig is none of your dam business and if you was half as smart as you think you where, you would know that is the default. I dont need a cig to define who I am.
    If you are so intelligent yourself, you should know that cigarettes and dams have absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    If you are so intelligent yourself, you should know that cigarettes and dams have absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
    Well played Squelcher, well played.

Attended by Coldaen

Cool sig, Squelcher.
    Leafblade, Captain

Cool sig, Squelcher.
    You mean cig, right?
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCru View Post
    In most games you would be right. Most PVP games don't allow bots, boxers, farmers, exploiters etc.

Turbine has taken the opposite approach and decided to condone all of the above for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You mean cig, right?
    I guessed I missed the memo on the abbreviation for signature becoming 'cig'
    Leafblade, Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Well played Squelcher, well played.
    Denouncing people who support cheating is a service to the community. Doing it with great sarcasm is a pleasure.
    Cool sig, Squelcher.
    Thanks, but credit goes to Smurf, one of my tribe officers. She made it. She doesn't even watch Game of Thrones, yet got everything right.
    I guessed I missed the memo on the abbreviation for signature becoming 'cig'
    I guess it must've gotten lost in the mail...
    my cig is none of your dam business
    Above is the aforementioned memo.

Like a pro.

is this considered legit to do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHXFJ35XEsQ

found this the other day, now it does not appear to tamper with the game client, and uses strictly screen capture/image recognition....basically an elaborate macro that runs itself.....is it approved or disapproved? obviously not a blatant hack like mmoviper or pwnagebot

love to hear your guys' ideas/feedback on this type of tool!