We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Farmer's Faire 2013?

There's no further festivals on the calendar as yet, but that is even less up to date than it was last year, I'm just wondering if there's any word on the Farmer's Faire happening this year? Despite it's issues in it's inaugural year, I did enjoy it and was hoping to see it make a return.

And if not, can we get a *tentative* idea of when the other festivals are likely to take place for the rest of the year, please?
    [URL=http://w11.zetaboards.com/No_Whole_Bard/index/][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/avalonmists3/No%20Whole%20Bard/Lass_sig2.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=#58732A]~The wind is full of a thousand voices~[/color]

Um...can we at least get the Summer Festival over and done with and then have a break before the *next* festival?

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Um...can we at least get the Summer Festival over and done with and then have a break before the *next* festival?
    No. No breaks.

Actually... I'd like to see the mining fair thing again. I liked some of those deeds/awards/prizes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post

My sentiments EXACTLY...

"Now on sale in the Turbine Store : Festival Quest Popup Invite Blocker - only 395 TP! Equip this nifty device in your class items slot and never worry about getting spammed with festival quest invites again (character-bound)."

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonMists View Post
    There's no further festivals on the calendar as yet, but that is even less up to date than it was last year, I'm just wondering if there's any word on the Farmer's Faire happening this year? Despite it's issues in it's inaugural year, I did enjoy it and was hoping to see it make a return.
    It is planned, it is due sometime toward the end of the summer:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-one-this-year
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom, http://www.lostmathom.org/
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow, http://bit.ly/nDJ31E

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Crocker View Post
    "Now on sale in the Turbine Store : Festival Quest Popup Invite Blocker - only 395 TP! Equip this nifty device in your class items slot and never worry about getting spammed with festival quest invites again (character-bound)."
    Shut up and take my TP!!

I wasn't asking for it to start straight away, I was just enquiring if it was going to be taking place "this year".

Thanks for the info and link Linawillow, much appreciated
    [URL=http://w11.zetaboards.com/No_Whole_Bard/index/][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/avalonmists3/No%20Whole%20Bard/Lass_sig2.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=#58732A]~The wind is full of a thousand voices~[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonMists View Post
    I wasn't asking for it to start straight away, I was just enquiring if it was going to be taking place "this year".

Thanks for the info and link Linawillow, much appreciated
    Some need to just chill....
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Some need to just chill....
    Sho nuff. If you don't like festivals all you have to do is not participate (here come the pop-up clicky thing complaints). I personally wouldn't mind if there were always some form of a festival or event going on, like in WoW. At least there would be more to do in those extra boring pre-expansion times for the game...like now.

I do wish all the festivals would be bumped back by about a week or two--right now they seem to occur at the *end* of a season rather than the beginning. And I really wouldn't mind if there was always some kind of festival going on at all times. They don't have to be big deals, either. Though I really loved the Farmer's Faire.

That's something I loved about STO--they don't really do festivals, but there's always some kind event going on, 24/7. It makes the world feel more dynamic. Something I'd like to see LOTRO adopt.

About pop-ups for festivals:

The pop-up appears when you log in or when you level. When you click on the pop-up, you can decline it, and you won't see it again until you either log in again or you level.

If you can't decline it and only have the option of completing it later, that means you have the "Always accept automatic quests" option ticked in your UI options. You can either open your UI settings and untick that box, or you can hit the letter "L" to bring up your quest log and cancel the quest manually: it's listed under "Festivals". This will remove it from your screen and you won't see it again until you either log in or level.

The "Always accept automatic quests" option is very useful to have on in Rohan and Wildermore where pop-up quests are part of the playing field (warbands, dailies completed by killing wolves etc.). When it's festival time... not so much.

I saw some complaining that we didn't have pop-ups for the last Treasure Hunt event and so people weren't even aware that it was occurring. That's an example of an event, not a festival. Events are short-lived and sometimes implemented with little warning. Quibbling over terms, I know, but events and festivals are different things.
    Angeleen - 85 Hunter * Conall - 85 Lore-master * Sevastian - 85 Hunter * Cadphel - 76 Minstrel * Raury - 76 Captain * Landroval Server

I don't participate in every festival ... and the few I do enjoy, I just do for alts who missed them the previous year. But I would have no objection to some type of festival/fair/Used-Pony-Sale-Spectacular! going on year-round. But it never made a lot of sense to me that every race celebrates (essentially) the same festivals at the same time. If LOTRO adopted a schedule saturated with festivals, why not move them around? A two week festival in the Shire ... then two weeks in the Bree-lands ... then two weeks in Moria. Okay, maybe not Moria. Shorter, smaller-scaled festivals might allow more variety in the festival games and events. Right now, it seems that it's always the same old stuff regardless of the time of year (Frostbluff notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsock View Post
    A two week festival in the Shire ... then two weeks in the Bree-lands ... then two weeks in Moria. Okay, maybe not Moria.
    I would LOVE to see a festival or event in Moria.

Smile

I'd like to know if/when there's going to be a farmer's faire this yer too. I really enjoyed that last year, although I hope they keep the same barter tokens for the egg/shroom quests and you can choose which you want to trade your tokens for. The egg quest was evil... Several times I did that as the only person competing and still didn't get enough eggs. Something wasn't right there. :P

Echoing someone else's sentiments from before about there not being decent breaks between festivals - I've noticed this too. There seems to be a large gap between the Yule and Spring fest, then another between Spring and Summer/Lithe. But then the Autumn one comes round really quickly, and the Yule one very soon after that. They're not really very well balanced throughout the year. And then the Farmer Faire is shoehorned in, making the latter half of the year very festival heavy. How about a bit of randomising on the farmer one like the treasure hunt ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
    Yeah, I can even see one that would kind of be like the clubbin' one done in Thorin's Hall.

You go into a dark room...you can't see anything. You're told that there are glow worms that blink somewhere in the room and you have to find one...but unfortunately, there's a Troll in there also that can see in the dark and will send you flying with a swing of his club!

Keep stumbling around in the dark until you see a glow worm blink or you loose all your teeth!

...of course, there would have to be a follow up dental quest after that one!

Rak
    Rakulp
    "Honor Above All"

Echoing someone else's sentiments from before about there not being decent breaks between festivals - I've noticed this too. There seems to be a large gap between the Yule and Spring fest, then another between Spring and Summer/Lithe. But then the Autumn one comes round really quickly, and the Yule one very soon after that. They're not really very well balanced throughout the year. And then the Farmer Faire is shoehorned in, making the latter half of the year very festival heavy. How about a bit of randomising on the farmer one like the treasure hunt ones?
    My proposal for Festival Schedule:

Treasure Hunt: February 19-22 (approximately) - President's Day weekend (USA) - 3 days only

Spring Fling: March 16-31 OR start from Spring Equinox - 10 days / 2 weeks MAXIMUM

Anniversary Festival: April 10-25 (approximately) OR reduce to 10 days down from 2 weeks MAXIMUM

Summerfest: June 21-July 6 (approximately) OR start on Summer Solstice (Northern Hemisphere) 2 weeks until end of July 4th (USA Independence Day) weekend. Ideally 2 weeks MAXIMUM.

Farmers' Faire: August 16-31 OR September 20-30 (10 days to 2 weeks MAXIMUM)
    Ideally September 20-30 to cover the Fall Equinox (Northern Hemisphere) and a traditional harvest time, but not to get too close to Harvestmath in October. Due to Talk like a Pirate Day on September 19th, the late August time-frame may work better.

Talk Like a Pirate Day: September 19 OR double up with Treasure Hunt for September 17-19.

Harvestmath: October 16-31 OR October 20-November 3 (for those who want to still get spooky a couple of days after Halloween). 2 weeks MAXIMUM.

Winterfest/Yule Festival: December 21-January 6 (16 days MAXIMUM). This will start on Winter Solstice (Northern Hemisphere) and end on the last day of Epiphany. This covers Solstice, Yule, Christmas, New Year's, and Epiphany (for those politically correct/concerned about holidays) - as well as spans the typical college winter break.

PLEASE GIVE US AMPLE TIME BETWEEN FESTIVALS so that we will look forward to the next one.

I have spaced these out to allow ALL the typical festivals to run, but they need to be limited - NOT extended. We are getting burned out on yet another moth of festivals/updates (both before and after the festivals), not to mention without any significant amount of new content & prizes (if any) for festivals, they get very boring, and a large portion of the playerbase do not want to participate if we did the same things for the last 3 years (like me). I completely avoided the SummerFest as their was absolutely nothing new but some ugly horses.

PLEASE STOP EXTENDING THE FESTIVALS. This only makes the time between festivals to be shortened, but it feels greatly compressed, so that many are saying "Not again!?" Not another one!?" As is, most people play the Festival quests only in the first few days and first week - the second week is usually dead and any third week extension is a dreary wasteland of festival participation.

The Treasure Hunt is an event, not a festival. Events are short-lived and last over a weekend or three days and don't have auto-bestow pop-ups; festivals are seasonal and last two weeks or so and do have the auto-bestow pop-ups. And Talk Like a Pirate Day is ONLY September 19th. That's international "Talk Like a Pirate" day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris View Post
    About pop-ups for festivals:

The pop-up appears when you log in or when you level. When you click on the pop-up, you can decline it, and you won't see it again until you either log in again or you level.

If you can't decline it and only have the option of completing it later, that means you have the "Always accept automatic quests" option ticked in your UI options. You can either open your UI settings and untick that box, or you can hit the letter "L" to bring up your quest log and cancel the quest manually: it's listed under "Festivals". This will remove it from your screen and you won't see it again until you either log in or level.

The "Always accept automatic quests" option is very useful to have on in Rohan and Wildermore where pop-up quests are part of the playing field (warbands, dailies completed by killing wolves etc.). When it's festival time... not so much.

I saw some complaining that we didn't have pop-ups for the last Treasure Hunt event and so people weren't even aware that it was occurring. That's an example of an event, not a festival. Events are short-lived and sometimes implemented with little warning. Quibbling over terms, I know, but events and festivals are different things.
    Last edited by Zikaris; Aug 30 2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Angeleen - 85 Hunter * Conall - 85 Lore-master * Sevastian - 85 Hunter * Cadphel - 76 Minstrel * Raury - 76 Captain * Landroval Server

Quote Originally Posted by HeirOfNumenor View Post
    My proposal for Festival Schedule:

Treasure Hunt: February 19-22 (approximately) - President's Day weekend (USA) - 3 days only

Spring Fling: March 16-31 OR start from Spring Equinox - 10 days / 2 weeks MAXIMUM

Anniversary Festival: April 10-25 (approximately) OR reduce to 10 days down from 2 weeks MAXIMUM

Summerfest: June 21-July 6 (approximately) OR start on Summer Solstice (Northern Hemisphere) 2 weeks until end of July 4th (USA Independence Day) weekend. Ideally 2 weeks MAXIMUM.

Farmers' Faire: August 16-31 OR September 20-30 (10 days to 2 weeks MAXIMUM)
    Ideally September 20-30 to cover the Fall Equinox (Northern Hemisphere) and a traditional harvest time, but not to get too close to Harvestmath in October. Due to Talk like a Pirate Day on September 19th, the late August time-frame may work better.

Talk Like a Pirate Day: September 19 OR double up with Treasure Hunt for September 17-19.

Harvestmath: October 16-31 OR October 20-November 3 (for those who want to still get spooky a couple of days after Halloween). 2 weeks MAXIMUM.

Winterfest/Yule Festival: December 21-January 6 (16 days MAXIMUM). This will start on Winter Solstice (Northern Hemisphere) and end on the last day of Epiphany. This covers Solstice, Yule, Christmas, New Year's, and Epiphany (for those politically correct/concerned about holidays) - as well as spans the typical college winter break.

PLEASE GIVE US AMPLE TIME BETWEEN FESTIVALS so that we will look forward to the next one.

I have spaced these out to allow ALL the typical festivals to run, but they need to be limited - NOT extended. We are getting burned out on yet another moth of festivals/updates (both before and after the festivals), not to mention without any significant amount of new content & prizes (if any) for festivals, they get very boring, and a large portion of the playerbase do not want to participate if we did the same things for the last 3 years (like me). I completely avoided the SummerFest as their was absolutely nothing new but some ugly horses.

PLEASE STOP EXTENDING THE FESTIVALS. This only makes the time between festivals to be shortened, but it feels greatly compressed, so that many are saying "Not again!?" Not another one!?" As is, most people play the Festival quests only in the first few days and first week - the second week is usually dead and any third week extension is a dreary wasteland of festival participation.
    If you want festivals shortened then Turbine needs to up the amount tokens per quest. Pretty much every festival I go up until the end of it getting my tokens for everything I need. The Yule festival- if there going to have the same thing like last year, that one needs to be extended! Not everyone can log every day during that time because of the holiday season. Last year was just ridiculous how short that festival was.

If you don't like festivals, don't participate in them. Simple!

I enjoy the festivals. I enjoy it when they last 3 weeks. If I get tired of a festival, I simply just go do something else.

So when is Farmer's Faire?

Quote Originally Posted by zariarn View Post
    If you don't like festivals, don't participate in them. Simple!

I enjoy the festivals. I enjoy it when they last 3 weeks. If I get tired of a festival, I simply just go do something else.

So when is Farmer's Faire?
    It should be starting soon.

The only beef I have with the festivals is last year when the Farmer's Faire & Summer Festival were like a week apart from each other then Harvest Festival gets bumped up into September. I think that was because of Rohan though. Then what they did with Yule being so short.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post

Just out of curiousity, what kind of games would you recommend for a Moria festival?

I don't think "Pin the tail on the Balrog" would work too well......just saying.

Question

I kept my self wondering this morning aswell when the farmer's faire was going to happen and it seems like there is some delay so rick or any turbin- ess could any of you add a date to the calendar when the faire is going to happen ?

It's only August - we might get Farmer's Faire yet - just wait for them to complete the harvest first!

How are you all adding avatars? I can't find a way to do it on this new site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast