We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Blender

Blender

I have spoken to vets about the make up of the blender and I am confident in my fellow creeps that we can remake it and roll the OP freep healing when they stack minis. I need dedication from a few good creeps to make a WL and reaver and rank them up. WLs are imperative now since they are few and far between in the moors, I will help you rank and we will stop the freep nuisance at all costs. I have been accused of telling folks to delete toons before but I never have. I am not asking you to delete your toons i just want you to try WL and come help the fight. There are a good number of ranked Reavers in the moors now but alot of the Wls are in the bottom of the red ranks. I will help you I just need your commitment because I will be committed to you. It will not be easy at first for us to do it like it was done way back when since there are few that are still around from those days. I will make it work or die a many of deaths upon the fields of battle trying. Answer my call creeps I need a few more good Wls.

I will also need a few defilers to rank up as well. I dont know alot but i will help you rank and get you advice from a good defiler. I will also need a warg or two who can dedicate themselves to flayer stance and learn how to use pack root.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennybo View Post
    I have spoken to vets about the make up of the blender and I am confident in my fellow creeps that we can remake it and roll the OP freep healing when they stack minis. I need dedication from a few good creeps to make a WL and reaver and rank them up. WLs are imperative now since they are few and far between in the moors, I will help you rank and we will stop the freep nuisance at all costs. I have been accused of telling folks to delete toons before but I never have. I am not asking you to delete your toons i just want you to try WL and come help the fight. There are a good number of ranked Reavers in the moors now but alot of the Wls are in the bottom of the red ranks. I will help you I just need your commitment because I will be committed to you. It will not be easy at first for us to do it like it was done way back when since there are few that are still around from those days. I will make it work or die a many of deaths upon the fields of battle trying. Answer my call creeps I need a few more good Wls.
    "Genbo and Aeon's Blender", now those were some challenging times, only matched by Didnthurt's BA and Spider Raids, which were fun to fight against but not at invencible as the Blender.

I'm always up for a challenge and I've even been working on Tahi's rank 6 WL which I still need to max audacity on and I have been working on a Defiler as well.

With that said though, I hope we're not expecting to duplicate the success that the Blender produced. Game mechanics have changed massively sense those times.

To start, there was no defense against the aoe damage from the Reavers in those days, where the mechanics now exist that if not dealt with can easily nullify most all creep aoe damage (and the original Blender was built around that aoe damage).

I'm not saying this to rain on anyone's parade because I believe it's possible. It's just going to take a bit more coordination between Creep players and a bit more strategy when it comes to using the terrain/environment and Creep Classes than it did back in the Genbo/Aeons days.

I recommend talking to Vic, he has a good understanding about how the present group makeup balances out when it comes to group vs group in pvp.

Anyway, count me in. Sounds like a fun challenge to me..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

I doubt you will make the Blender as effective as Genbu/Aeons did, but you're welcome to try. This isn't meant to be an insult, but you'd be very hard-pressed to make it even a quarter as good as theirs was. It's not that simple, even though the idea is.

What made the Blender effective is that there was mainly cohesion. They were very Spartan-esque in their discipline in raids. Genbu/Aeons had their Soldiers of the White Hand (the original ones) and even later on when some of them broke off, Conscripts of the Iron Crown, and a few outside vets here and there such as I occasionally, comprise this raid. The warleaders were so synchronized in their bubbles to make it so hardly anyone died. The reavers were pinpoint accurate with focus fire and being bunched together like a double-bladed phalanx as either Genbu/Aeons (mainly Aeons due to Genbu healing) in burning people down. I recommend you making a healing target assist if you haven't already, as well as a primary target assist and a secondary one in case the first does go down. Ofc they added other classes here and there to help as well, but obviously it's mainly composed of reavers/warleaders. The general makeup was 4 reavers/warleader/other class in each group, depending on what you feel is more necessary. Some groups were just 5 reavers/warleader at certain times haha.

Source: Gladden Historian < .

Anyway, with their being not as much cohesion as there once was, you would need a consistent group of competent people to carry out this dynamic effectively and swiftly. Having lower ranked, inexperienced noobs won't cut it, unless they are willing to actually take the time to be disciplined, cohesive, and learn. Also, I'll allude to what Gunnor said about the game mechanics, so it will take some work, no doubt.

Even so, it be pretty hard let alone with high ranked people that you'll need to make cohesive and discipline, but trying to do that for lower ranks would be a process, so you might have to avoid them. Remember what I said about "Selective Collectivism", not "Elitism"; that's what Genbu/Aeons did.

What you're doing might work against the not-so-great freep raids, but if you want to make it work vs a presumably led Vic/Aris raid, who I would presume are the most competent raid leaders on freep side since I hear they still play, you are gonna have to be on your Ps and Qs.

I will applaud your effort ahead of time though, and say, good luck to you in this tough endeavor, sir!
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 12 2013 at 02:38 PM.

Its not gonna be perfect from the get go as i would presume the original one wasnt a mass of death and carnage right off the bat. I am just tryin to encourage folks to try rolling a WL and reaver. I have no problem with folks playing the class they like but if they want to group up and defeat the freep raids I cant do it with a #### ton of wargs and bas. I can get kills if they have rank but I need WLs and there are a few new defilers out there but hardly any new Wls. Im mainly just hoping folks will roll one to have on the back burner when i need more for a raid. I'm just tryin to get folks to try out healing alts, esp WLs. They are the hardest to rank because we dont benefit from the healing infamy/renown gain when we are solo and our dps is pretty laughable and considering you only have 5 dps skills at rank 9 I can still end up auto attacking in brawlers stance. I am willing to help anyone who will honestly stick with it because that is what creepside is lacking. There are folks that have some WL alts but they are also some of the higher ranked dps classes that play. Im not asking anyone to stop playing a class just branch out. I would just like to have a bigger pool of Wls so they might be on. Waiting for Superfly to log on or vic to swap over to get enough 6 and above Wls gets old cause end up staying in a keep and the freeps leave without even wiping. I like to be aggressive with my raids and fight em open field or in their keep. It will be insanely hard to keep up with the raid healing the freeps had last night with 5 minis 5 cappys and two healing Rks but with more ranked Wls we could at least make them burn all cooldowns and skills before we wipe. I dont call myself a good WL but I will help everyone I can with learning their toon to up to at least my ability.

From what I have seen, most freep raids are made up with [who ever happens to be there] on [whatever class they happen to be on], 95% of the time. To say people stack classes to win is usually a presumption. When I've seen creeps have 7 WL's and 4 defilers... "Oh, they stack to win." comes out of my keyboard all the time. Because it is frustrating to lose on a consistent basis in a period of time. People hate losing. Many times the balance is what it is. Off. It's rarely planned. Things just aren't going to be fair in a place where anything can happen. But it does feel good to blame others for it, with out knowing their intentions. We are a competitive species.

I am not accusing anyone of stacking classes last night, I couldnt care what anyone plays. I dont care what they kept calling for cause whatever toon anyone is on i just see it as infamy for me. The only time I really could see that is if someone logged off a toon that was there to another one of a class they had plenty of. To tell the truth if someone thinks they need to stack against a group that was out it kinda shows I had a good working group out last night that was on target and good play from the lower ranked WLs in the other groups. The whole intention of this is the fact that the moors needs more WLs, so if a freep raid that happened to come together that had 12 healers I could get some folks to swap over to WLs that were of good rank and then give good competition to a group like that.

Tbh it is impossible to get the reaver ball as effective as it use to be just based on how the reaver is now. But I would love to see if you can get is working to some degree and see how well it comes up against the freeps. As for stacking I never even try to do it. Its hard to get anyone to group up on freep and if you get a group you end up taking what you get, cause you'll find a fair percentage of the freeps who play don't have alts that stand even a chance out here. In my opinion its just down to the balance in the moors :P we don't plan to stack healers but it seems like the creeps tend to do it a fair percentage which I won't complain about cause honestly I love blowing the #### outta healers its kinda what I do we won't always have the numbers or healers at all in most cases so i'd say it evenly happens on both sides so there isn't really a reason to complain always fun lighting things up!

Quote Originally Posted by Turin21 View Post
    Tbh it is impossible to get the reaver ball as effective as it use to be just based on how the reaver is now. But I would love to see if you can get is working to some degree and see how well it comes up against the freeps. As for stacking I never even try to do it. Its hard to get anyone to group up on freep and if you get a group you end up taking what you get, cause you'll find a fair percentage of the freeps who play don't have alts that stand even a chance out here. In my opinion its just down to the balance in the moors :P we don't plan to stack healers but it seems like the creeps tend to do it a fair percentage which I won't complain about cause honestly I love blowing the #### outta healers its kinda what I do we won't always have the numbers or healers at all in most cases so i'd say it evenly happens on both sides so there isn't really a reason to complain always fun lighting things up!
    It's not a matter of stacking raids, it's a matter of people wanting easy mode and everyone knows what side that is at the moment. I know for sure 90% of people playing freep right now would not last a week on creep side. Doesn't help that most freeps bring out their tact classes to the moors even when there are already plenty of those in a given raid. And one more thing, if you think creep healing is anywhere close to freep healing then you really have no clue.

The blender was good because it abused the mechanics at hand, and those mechanics aren't really there anymore. Also, the players in that raid were incredible. We took the best pvpers of the server threw them all in a raid and played against 2-3 times our numbers and abused people. You need to abuse the current mechanics and not try and manipulate old mechanics that aren't around. I am sure there is some incredible raid composition out there to exploit todays pvp methods it just needs to be found and people to roll classes accordingly.

Best of luck! I will stick my head around some

~Maahanmuuto

Quote Originally Posted by Ustoc View Post
    The blender was good because it abused the mechanics at hand, and those mechanics aren't really there anymore. Also, the players in that raid were incredible. We took the best pvpers of the server threw them all in a raid and played against 2-3 times our numbers and abused people. You need to abuse the current mechanics and not try and manipulate old mechanics that aren't around. I am sure there is some incredible raid composition out there to exploit todays pvp methods it just needs to be found and people to roll classes accordingly.

Best of luck! I will stick my head around some

~Maahanmuuto

This^. Thanks for a better clarification, Ustoc.

Good to see a WL out that is actually higher ranked than I am. I will start trying to devise something but the reaver ball still works, maybe not how it used too. As effective as it was the other night I would love to see it when it was at its peak. But alas I being from BFE, Alabama never had high speed internet till a little over a year ago when I started playing. I wish even then I would have created a creep and started rather than leveling the champ. There is new faces and old names popping up so hopefully life will return to the moors once more. When I have a whole day it sometimes isnt hard to get 1/2 raids sparring and then full raids during prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennybo View Post
    Good to see a WL out that is actually higher ranked than I am. I will start trying to devise something but the reaver ball still works, maybe not how it used too. As effective as it was the other night I would love to see it when it was at its peak. But alas I being from BFE, Alabama never had high speed internet till a little over a year ago when I started playing. I wish even then I would have created a creep and started rather than leveling the champ. There is new faces and old names popping up so hopefully life will return to the moors once more. When I have a whole day it sometimes isnt hard to get 1/2 raids sparring and then full raids during prime time.
    Well that fact that freeps just balled up in blite helps.

Haha yeah tarv. Turbine can improve their OPness but can't work on their brains.