We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    I wish people would care less about organised 1v1s and roam the map more. I've been in the moors a lot less of late, but a lot of the time I am there I just randomly ride around the map looking for other solo people/small groups to fight. Finding a decent fight like this is pretty rare these days. No one else seems to do it. But it is so much more fun to let these 1v1 fights happen more organically by just running into someone out on the map and throwing down
    QFT.....back in the day this would happen a lot but now its either one v ones or make a fellow and roam instead of roaming around alone. Not sure why hardly anyone does this anymore, would make moors a lot more fun.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    I wish people would care less about organised 1v1s and roam the map more. I've been in the moors a lot less of late, but a lot of the time I am there I just randomly ride around the map looking for other solo people/small groups to fight. Finding a decent fight like this is pretty rare these days. No one else seems to do it. But it is so much more fun to let these 1v1 fights happen more organically by just running into someone out on the map and throwing down
    I usually don't 1v1 until late at night. I generally solo, rvr or small group from like 9pm til the action dies. Then after it dies down in the early AM US-time, I turn to 1v1s. I know there's good ganks to be had in the later part of the morning US-time when you're playing, like 7am-10am when Aussies are on late night and the Euros are on in their early afternoon.... but like 1am-5am is prime 1v1 times imo. I dont like running around the map endlessly looking for a fight that I never find, or if I do find one, it being a greenie that dies in 3seconds.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyes2009 View Post
    QFT.....back in the day this would happen a lot but now its either one v ones or make a fellow and roam instead of roaming around alone. Not sure why hardly anyone does this anymore, would make moors a lot more fun.
    I can agree that there are times that 1v1s are useless. 1am CT - 6am CT = good times to 1v1s in my opinion. I can agree that when there are plenty out on each side, that 1v1s are dumb. But when there's only 2-3 players on each side, c'mon.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,717
    Whenever I solo I get ripped apart by 3 wargs and two reavers. Perhaps I just run into a perma-kiting noob BA or a godly OP weaver.... Solo action sucks because most people doesnt have any values. Its gank or nothing. When every creep demonstrate why delving buffs are OP and when wargs demonstrate what a stupid class it really is, solo action is really low. I 1v1 because that is currently the only way to manage soloing unless you're a warden or burglar.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    I wish people would care less about organised 1v1s and roam the map more. I've been in the moors a lot less of late, but a lot of the time I am there I just randomly ride around the map looking for other solo people/small groups to fight. Finding a decent fight like this is pretty rare these days. No one else seems to do it. But it is so much more fun to let these 1v1 fights happen more organically by just running into someone out on the map and throwing down
    Elendilmir has more of this type of action. Even with all the people that have left to brandy, it seems more lively.
    Too many people on Gladden call out for more creeps or freeps when they find a solo player. Or form fellows when there shouldn't be need for one.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Elendilmir has more of this type of action. Even with all the people that have left to brandy, it seems more lively.
    Too many people on Gladden call out for more creeps or freeps when they find a solo player. Or form fellows when there shouldn't be need for one.
    I've played on both Brandy and E. I've transferred toons to and from both those servers for a reason.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I've played on both Brandy and E. I've transferred toons to and from both those servers for a reason.
    Vic, you really need to stop changing your names. saw a ranked hunter standing afk at GTA, was going to attack, but then I realised it was you.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,085
    The ability and luxury to be able to roam isn't near what it used to be. Its either cruise by gta which I spend more time policing gankers than I do 1v1'ng or post up somewhere and track and hope something crosses your path that isn't a raid or a pack. Bout the only impromptu 1v1 I get anymore is from hagzu. He's generally alone and sticks around to the end no matter the outcome. I miss the there is probably someone waiting at or near GV for singles coming out. All you get now is the rare spiderbyte and he uses everything known to man and store to not die. I really miss the nazgrels and dolcaraks. Alas that time is over and the time of the *insert w/e you wanna call them here* has come and isn't going anywhere.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  9. #34
    The reason the "organized 1v1s" are most likely more prevalent lately compared to random improtu 1v1s is because of the skewed system, aka the inflated renown/infamy that is easy to get, and the OP buffs that make them easier to win in and take less skill.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    The reason the "organized 1v1s" are most likely more prevalent lately compared to random improtu 1v1s is because of the skewed system, aka the inflated renown/infamy that is easy to get, and the OP buffs that make them easier to win in and take less skill.
    Or it could be that, from 1am-5am, the 3 players on one side don't really care to roam the map to try to find the 3 players on the other side.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Or it could be that, from 1am-5am, the 3 players on one side don't really care to roam the map to try to find the 3 players on the other side.
    A ha! There's the smart ace know-it-all Vic I know! I'm just speaking the truth though about the general reason that 1v1s have most likely resorted more frequently to this. What you said about 1-5am playtimes has more times than not been the case since SoA... That's a no-brainer. Ever hear of something called "bed" though :P?

    My point is: the difference is though back in the day you weren't getting an obscene amount of infamy/renown from 1v1ing compared to now.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    A ha! There's the smart ace know-it-all Vic I know! I'm just speaking the truth though about the general reason that 1v1s have most likely resorted more frequently to this. What you said about 1-5am playtimes has more times than not been the case since SoA... That's a no-brainer. Ever hear of something called "bed" though :P?

    My point is: the difference is though back in the day you weren't getting an obscene amount of infamy/renown from 1v1ing compared to now.
    You can get an obscene amount of infamy or renown now rvr, small group, or solo. It's not like it's only 1v1s that experience the buff. Back in SOA, there were full raids out on each side w/ secondary raids. That's not the case here and now. Things change. Some people, who don't even play, get stuck in the past I guess.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    You can get an obscene amount of infamy or renown now rvr, small group, or solo. It's not like it's only 1v1s that experience the buff. Back in SOA, there were full raids out on each side w/ secondary raids. That's not the case here and now. Things change. Some people, who don't even play, get stuck in the past I guess.
    Care bear stuff made me unable to post until tomorrow, but if the mechanics weren't so flawed, unlike in SoA where the mechanics were only a little flawed, there would be more distributed action. I live in the past because the present of this game blows monkey load and why I don't play. If you enjoy it, good for you, you like this sort of "pvp" I guess. I'm stating that 1v1s are being abused for the wrong reasons by some people, and has more of an impact renown/infamy wise than from raids/small group.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer95 View Post
    Care bear stuff made me unable to post until tomorrow, but if the mechanics weren't so flawed, unlike in SoA where the mechanics were only a little flawed, there would be more distributed action. I live in the past because the present of this game blows monkey load and why I don't play. If you enjoy it, good for you, you like this sort of "pvp" I guess. I'm stating that 1v1s are being abused for the wrong reasons by some people, and has more of an impact renown/infamy wise than from raids/small group.
    The mechanics were only a little flawed in SoA? Roflcopters.

    As for the current state of the Moors, if they did away w/ OPs, autoflips, and do a few nerfs on a few specific things on a few freep classes, I'd be fairly content. Most creep classes are in a decent place right now except for wargs, and oh no, it's easier to rank now. Oh the humanity! Watch out the sky is falling! It's easier and takes less time for new creeps to rank past the fodder phases! The moors is ruined!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    811
    I still rage at seeing people I've only seen in the moors recently at rank 9+. I'm an angry old man, I don't care. You haven't died enough to have earned rank ten! RAWR

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    The ability and luxury to be able to roam isn't near what it used to be. Its either cruise by gta which I spend more time policing gankers than I do 1v1'ng or post up somewhere and track and hope something crosses your path that isn't a raid or a pack. Bout the only impromptu 1v1 I get anymore is from hagzu. He's generally alone and sticks around to the end no matter the outcome. I miss the there is probably someone waiting at or near GV for singles coming out. All you get now is the rare spiderbyte and he uses everything known to man and store to not die. I really miss the nazgrels and dolcaraks. Alas that time is over and the time of the *insert w/e you wanna call them here* has come and isn't going anywhere.

    Please post a SS of me using a store pot.... I have a mordirith's brand btw, I use trackers from time to time but what to do with a lifetime account and 500TP a month.

    I can't help that you cant beat me Ugh, but don't come hear and tell lies

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderbyte View Post
    Please post a SS of me using a store pot.... I have a mordirith's brand btw, I use trackers from time to time but what to do with a lifetime account and 500TP a month.

    I can't help that you cant beat me Ugh, but don't come hear and tell lies
    It's funny he mentioned Dolcarak, because of all the wargs on this server, Dolcarak is the most notorious for sticking around and finishing a fight to its end.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    I still rage at seeing people I've only seen in the moors recently at rank 9+. I don't care. You haven't died enough to have earned rank ten! RAWR
    I feel the same way lol, I also wonder how r8s can have that slayer of light title.

    Oh and Vinner, I find it kinda funny that you want to lecture people about 1v1s so far into RoR when I haven't seen you online since RoI :P
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    I still rage at seeing people I've only seen in the moors recently at rank 9+. I'm an angry old man, I don't care. You haven't died enough to have earned rank ten! RAWR
    Neener neener. I think roi is recent, but it took me about a year to make the push to rank nine on reaver finally. I'm gonna take the tennis balls off your walker now.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderbyte View Post
    Please post a SS of me using a store pot.... I have a mordirith's brand btw, I use trackers from time to time but what to do with a lifetime account and 500TP a month.

    I can't help that you cant beat me Ugh, but don't come hear and tell lies
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Enha...door_Sanctuary

    Pots aren't the only thing you get from the store.




    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    The reason the "organized 1v1s" are most likely more prevalent lately compared to random improtu 1v1s is because of the skewed system, aka the inflated renown/infamy that is easy to get, and the OP buffs that make them easier to win in and take less skill.
    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by skewed system? The overall balance of the moors is pretty decent right now imo. OP buffs are nearly always 2-2 when 1v1s are a thing. Earning a little more reward for winning doesn't make winning easier.





    To clarify what I meant earlier. Obviously, really late and night with only a handful of people in the moors, its much easier for everyone to agree to come to gta and fight each other. Thats kind of the only thing we have at those hours ever since EC and OC got ruined. But I often play early in the mornings on weekends (aka US primetime), and will spend 20 minutes riding around avoiding the raids only to find that every single player out in the moors is either in the raid or staying very near to is at all times. I guess its mostly owing to a smaller population. But still, I wish more players roamed solo and didnt just default to balling up into the biggest group possible and rolling over everything they can find.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,085
    Oh you've been beaten on many accounts that is of course when you don't use everything you possibly can then if that doesn't net you a guaranteed win you to take to hauling out of keeps healing burrow/call outs. Debuff and Celebdan are 100x the spider you cant hope to be. Carry on though little 8 legged one.


    And Dol loved his stars but he always gave a run for the money and in my experiences with him he was generally solo.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Enha...door_Sanctuary

    Pots aren't the only thing you get from the store.






    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by skewed system? The overall balance of the moors is pretty decent right now imo. OP buffs are nearly always 2-2 when 1v1s are a thing. Earning a little more reward for winning doesn't make winning easier.





    To clarify what I meant earlier. Obviously, really late and night with only a handful of people in the moors, its much easier for everyone to agree to come to gta and fight each other. Thats kind of the only thing we have at those hours ever since EC and OC got ruined. But I often play early in the mornings on weekends (aka US primetime), and will spend 20 minutes riding around avoiding the raids only to find that every single player out in the moors is either in the raid or staying very near to is at all times. I guess its mostly owing to a smaller population. But still, I wish more players roamed solo and didnt just default to balling up into the biggest group possible and rolling over everything they can find.
    It seems the only time you find small groups out somewhere on the map outside the main raids is when its lootbox weekends. Not really reasons to be in HH anymore or farming wood out by LC or any of the old spots.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Oh you've been beaten on many accounts that is of course when you don't use everything you possibly can then if that doesn't net you a guaranteed win you to take to hauling out of keeps healing burrow/call outs. Debuff and Celebdan are 100x the spider you cant hope to be. Carry on though little 8 legged one.


    And Dol loved his stars but he always gave a run for the money and in my experiences with him he was generally solo.

    So no SS i take it? So now you change the subject comparing me to other players. Why even bring my name up in the first place if I am that bad?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderbyte View Post
    So no SS i take it? So now you change the subject comparing me to other players. Why even bring my name up in the first place if I am that bad?
    Bel supplied the ss, that was good enough. I didn't change the subject it was still on you no matter who got dragged in with it mmk?
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  25. #50
    Well if he does have a ss it will be 1 of 5 for pots i got out of a loot box a long while back. So If i used a pot fighting Bel not sure how that affects you?

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload