We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 76
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Oh you've been beaten on many accounts that is of course when you don't use everything you possibly can then if that doesn't net you a guaranteed win you to take to hauling out of keeps healing burrow/call outs. Debuff and Celebdan are 100x the spider you cant hope to be. Carry on though little 8 legged one.


    And Dol loved his stars but he always gave a run for the money and in my experiences with him he was generally solo.
    I won't even address the first part of this post, I'll leave that to Spider. As for the second part, the only thing Dolcarak ever gave me a run for when I'd catch him solos was the hills.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Bel supplied the ss, that was good enough. I didn't change the subject it was still on you no matter who got dragged in with it mmk?
    Oh please. Heaven forbid creeps purchase a skill from the lotro store. I didn't see any screenshots posted. All I saw was a link to an enhanced skill on the lotro wiki. Are you even paying attention to this thread?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Oh please. Heaven forbid creeps purchase a skill from the lotro store. I didn't see any screenshots posted. All I saw was a link to an enhanced skill on the lotro wiki. Are you even paying attention to this thread?
    The question is, are you, he has the sanctuary and not rank 14. Now don't you have a paid plane to catch or you need a loan?
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    Yeah, that was totally not an SS. I was just pointing out that Ugh said that Spider uses things from the store to not die, Spider assumed that meant pots and denied it, but there are other things that come from the store that make you not die. Not saying there is anything wrong with buying skills per se. But using a rank 14 skill to not die when your character is not rank 14 would in fact be using something from the store to avoid death.

    That seemed obvious to me. Not sure why I had to explain it.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    Yeah, that was totally not an SS. I was just pointing out that Ugh said that Spider uses things from the store to not die, Spider assumed that meant pots and denied it, but there are other things that come from the store that make you not die. Not saying there is anything wrong with buying skills per se. But using a rank 14 skill to not die when your character is not rank 14 would in fact be using something from the store to avoid death.

    That seemed obvious to me. Not sure why I had to explain it.
    My favorite saying, If I hit every person that walked out in front of my vehicle in a Wal-Mart parking lot I could single handedly raise the literacy rate and lower the obesity rate in one shot.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Okay, let's review, shall we? You posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    The ability and luxury to be able to roam isn't near what it used to be. Its either cruise by gta which I spend more time policing gankers than I do 1v1'ng or post up somewhere and track and hope something crosses your path that isn't a raid or a pack. Bout the only impromptu 1v1 I get anymore is from hagzu. He's generally alone and sticks around to the end no matter the outcome. I miss the there is probably someone waiting at or near GV for singles coming out. All you get now is the rare spiderbyte and he uses everything known to man and store to not die. I really miss the nazgrels and dolcaraks. Alas that time is over and the time of the *insert w/e you wanna call them here* has come and isn't going anywhere.
    Spider responded with
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderbyte View Post
    Please post a SS of me using a store pot.... I have a mordirith's brand btw, I use trackers from time to time but what to do with a lifetime account and 500TP a month.

    I can't help that you cant beat me Ugh, but don't come hear and tell lies
    Requesting a SS of him using "everything known to man and the store to not die", such as store pots. Bel responded with a link to his enhanced burrow, which pretty much any spider worth their marbles has purchased. One item from the store.

    You responded with:
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Bel supplied the ss, that was good enough. I didn't change the subject it was still on you no matter who got dragged in with it mmk?
    And followed it with:
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    The question is, are you, he has the sanctuary and not rank 14. Now don't you have a paid plane to catch or you need a loan?
    So from what I can tell, you accused Spider of using everything known to man and the lotro store to escape death. He requested a SS as proof. You failed to deliver, and then are using the one individual thing he has ever purchased on the store as a crutch to declare a victory in your false accusation. As for using consumables to survive/escape death, I'm pretty sure most players on this server, yourself included (who's never in the Moors w/o 3 rows of buffs) are guilty of. As for the paid plane or loan, what do you mean?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    340
    Oooooo can I qq too? As far as the enhanced skills they can be purchased from vendors with greater sigils. But of course its too unfair for creeps to have a huge plethera of skills since freeps have to gain rank to get theirs also. I personally haven't seen Spidey with anything more than loot box trash. I did try out the destiny point buffs one night since seemingly every other freep has two rows of buffs from jewelry, gear, store, pots, etc. Unfortunately the action stopped about 30 mins into the so they were a complete waste.
    Warisi(Champ).......Rangers of the West
    Philladeas(WL), GrumpyCat(Warg)...Soldiers Of The White Hand
    DocPhil(Defiler), HardCharger(Reaver).....Shadow of the West
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    I dont really care what the enemy creep has, if he has delving x3 I wont fight him. Now Ill admit to have bought a majority of my skills, I really play for the moment and the appearance skins, not the skills lol
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    838
    Once upon a time there was a hobbit hunter who ventured out into the moors with 3 rows of buffs. One would think this mighty hunter would go all around the moors with all the buffs and slay the creeps of the moors. Think twice my friends, this mighty hunter would rather hug GV one shots and keep tops to pew pew. Then one day he jumped and broke his legs (fall immunity must have worn off, oh snap) and got blown up. A tad bit later the mighty warrior was back on the top of the keep. The end.


    Little Hobbit fell off the keep,
    Little Hobbit broke his feet,
    All the focus buffs and store buffs he used,
    Couldn't save little hobbit from getting reamed too

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    The mechanics were only a little flawed in SoA? Roflcopters.

    As for the current state of the Moors, if they did away w/ OPs, autoflips, and do a few nerfs on a few specific things on a few freep classes, I'd be fairly content. Most creep classes are in a decent place right now except for wargs, and oh no, it's easier to rank now. Oh the humanity! Watch out the sky is falling! It's easier and takes less time for new creeps to rank past the fodder phases! The moors is ruined!
    I'm going to clarify and say, yes, in book 12-14, the pvp was much more balanced and structured properly compared to now, some of the most balanced I played. I wonder why so many people slowly started leaving after that then? It's not a coincidence. Now it's just at a point where they destroyed so many mechanics where the pvp is just stupid, and doesn't reflect what it once was and what we as pvpers loved. I don't know what you're were playing if you think it wasn't. I wasn't talking about prebk12, which I thought was stipulated, but then I remembered u never played then, that was unbalanced though, yet it was fun for both sides. If you think this pvp is balanced and has better distribution across the board, you're high on meth or whatever you're drinking in Texas.

    The question is, Vic: is Turbine going to do that? It's Turbine, they aren't going to get on it anytime soon. You and I both know that. I don't know why you rely on Turbine doing something to make pvp any semblance in regards as to it once was. They even said in a post that they weren't going to do anything "crucial" with pvp until halfway thru Helm's Deep.

    Lol get outta here with ur sarcastic, condescending bs, punk. I'm just saying rank/kill deed integrity has been killed, and you shouldn't feel so inclined as to feel you accomplished something like it was harder than before. I don't think you were ever here when rank was hard to get, book 12-14 was the start of easier rank acquisition, but now it's become laughably easy. Moors is getting easier for noobs to rank, and probably won't be as skilled without the experience of the hardships, but of course you would have no qualms with not having a challenge. It's personal preference I guess, I just don't like to fight easy opponents if I can help it, does nothing but hinder me.

    This being said ^, I do agree with you with what you suggested about how to fix the moors, but then I go back to my previous statement. We then will see where pvp stands balance-wise. The Moors will never be fully balanced obviously, as with every pvp game, but they've just pushed it farther away from where it was before.

    Sorry it took so long to post, been busy with fun and important real life stuff and not playing this atrocious game .



    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I feel the same way lol, I also wonder how r8s can have that slayer of light title.

    Oh and Vinner, I find it kinda funny that you want to lecture people about 1v1s so far into RoR when I haven't seen you online since RoI :P
    I keep tabs on what's going on from inside sources :P. And yes, I have logged in, just I haven't played. I'm still trying to win that gold crafting item for my hunter, bleh! What I'm saying is right though, regardless of me being here or not. It's not hard to deciper the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by skewed system? The overall balance of the moors is pretty decent right now imo. OP buffs are nearly always 2-2 when 1v1s are a thing. Earning a little more reward for winning doesn't make winning easier.

    Rofl, balanced? What game are you playing? You misunderstand my point. When you have additional physical/tactical mastery aiding you in fights you NORMALLY wouldn't have, it's gonna make it easier for you to win. When you're dealing out more damage then you normally should be doing, it's going to take less skill in the fight for both players, thus skewing the 1v1. Being able to build a different way because you can rely on having outside buffs giving you more strength makes 1v1s skewed, regardless of them being "even" or not.

    Indirectly, however, now that you bring up the "earning a little more reward for winning doesn't make winning easier" thing, it does. If you are ranking quicker, you're getting stronger (even if only so slightly). Also, you're earning commendations at a much faster pace, thus getting audacity more. So, in technicality, it is helping you win easier . I know what you're saying though. As I said, the OP/relic buffs are making people win easier. They can keep Keep buffs (and I guess even delving buffs), just nerf them. W
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 31 2013 at 07:00 PM.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    I'm going to clarify and say, yes, in book 12-14, the pvp was much more balanced and structured properly compared to now, some of the most balanced I played. I wonder why so many people slowly started leaving after that then? It's not a coincidence. Now it's just at a point where they destroyed so many mechanics where the pvp is just stupid, and doesn't reflect what it once was and what we as pvpers loved. I don't know what you're were playing if you think it wasn't. I wasn't talking about prebk12, which I thought was stipulated, but then I remembered u never played then, that was unbalanced though, yet it was fun for both sides. If you think this pvp is balanced and has better distribution across the board, you're high on meth or whatever you're drinking in Texas.

    The question is, Vic: is Turbine going to do that? It's Turbine, they aren't going to get on it anytime soon. You and I both know that. I don't know why you rely on Turbine doing something to make pvp any semblance in regards as to it once was. They even said in a post that they weren't going to do anything "crucial" with pvp until halfway thru Helm's Deep.

    Lol get outta here with ur sarcastic, condescending bs, punk. I'm just saying rank/kill deed integrity has been killed, and you shouldn't feel so inclined as to feel you accomplished something like it was harder than before. I don't think you were ever here when rank was hard to get, book 12-14 was the start of easier rank acquisition, but now it's become laughably easy. Moors is getting easier for noobs to rank, and probably won't be as skilled without the experience of the hardships, but of course you would have no qualms with not having a challenge. It's personal preference I guess, I just don't like to fight easy opponents if I can help it, does nothing but hinder me.

    This being said ^, I do agree with you with what you suggested about how to fix the moors, but then I go back to my previous statement. We then will see where pvp stands balance-wise. The Moors will never be fully balanced obviously, as with every pvp game, but they've just pushed it farther away from where it was before.

    Sorry it took so long to post, been busy with fun and important real life stuff and not playing this atrocious game .





    I keep tabs on what's going on from inside sources :P. And yes, I have logged in, just I haven't played. I'm still trying to win that gold crafting item for my hunter, bleh! What I'm saying is right though, regardless of me being here or not. It's not hard to deciper the situation.



    Rofl, balanced? What game are you playing? You misunderstand my point. When you have additional physical/tactical mastery aiding you in fights you NORMALLY wouldn't have, it's gonna make it easier for you to win. When you're dealing out more damage then you normally should be doing, it's going to take less skill in the fight for both players, thus skewing the 1v1. Being able to build a different way because you can rely on having outside buffs giving you more strength makes 1v1s skewed, regardless of them being "even" or not.

    Indirectly, however, now that you bring up the "earning a little more reward for winning doesn't make winning easier" thing, it does. If you are ranking quicker, you're getting stronger (even if only so slightly). Also, you're earning commendations at a much faster pace, thus getting audacity more. So, in technicality, it is helping you win easier . I know what you're saying though. As I said, the OP/relic buffs are making people win easier. They can keep Keep buffs (and I guess even delving buffs), just nerf them. W
    I won't write a novel, but I will say I think pvp is better balanced now than it was in SoA minus the couple tweaks I mentioned. With that said, I have always enjoyed a challenge and still do. Turbine pvp is still better pvp than the few games I tried out otherwise. As for people starting to leave after SoA, some players always move from game to game after the first couple years. It's not that the game sucks, it's just no longer new to them. Turbine recently ratcheted down the hatches on farming. That's certainly a move in the right direction. As for rank, I thought rank doesn't matter? So why cry about it being so easy to get now? Kinda pointless, no? For someone who hates the state of the game, the people who run it, and doesn't play it, you sure do post more than anyone else on this forum. Not found a better game yet?

    PS: It is humorous someone who, refers to their opinion as "truth", calling someone else condescending. It's just an opinion, bro. Like mine, and everyone else's.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    I'm going to clarify and say, yes, in book 12-14, the pvp was much more balanced and structured properly compared to now, some of the most balanced I played. I wonder why so many people slowly started leaving after that then? It's not a coincidence. Now it's just at a point where they destroyed so many mechanics where the pvp is just stupid, and doesn't reflect what it once was and what we as pvpers loved. I don't know what you're were playing if you think it wasn't. I wasn't talking about prebk12, which I thought was stipulated, but then I remembered u never played then, that was unbalanced though, yet it was fun for both sides. If you think this pvp is balanced and has better distribution across the board, you're high on meth or whatever you're drinking in Texas.

    The question is, Vic: is Turbine going to do that? It's Turbine, they aren't going to get on it anytime soon. You and I both know that. I don't know why you rely on Turbine doing something to make pvp any semblance in regards as to it once was. They even said in a post that they weren't going to do anything "crucial" with pvp until halfway thru Helm's Deep.

    Lol get outta here with ur sarcastic, condescending bs, punk. I'm just saying rank/kill deed integrity has been killed, and you shouldn't feel so inclined as to feel you accomplished something like it was harder than before. I don't think you were ever here when rank was hard to get, book 12-14 was the start of easier rank acquisition, but now it's become laughably easy. Moors is getting easier for noobs to rank, and probably won't be as skilled without the experience of the hardships, but of course you would have no qualms with not having a challenge. It's personal preference I guess, I just don't like to fight easy opponents if I can help it, does nothing but hinder me.

    This being said ^, I do agree with you with what you suggested about how to fix the moors, but then I go back to my previous statement. We then will see where pvp stands balance-wise. The Moors will never be fully balanced obviously, as with every pvp game, but they've just pushed it farther away from where it was before.

    Sorry it took so long to post, been busy with fun and important real life stuff and not playing this atrocious game .





    I keep tabs on what's going on from inside sources :P. And yes, I have logged in, just I haven't played. I'm still trying to win that gold crafting item for my hunter, bleh! What I'm saying is right though, regardless of me being here or not. It's not hard to deciper the situation.



    Rofl, balanced? What game are you playing? You misunderstand my point. When you have additional physical/tactical mastery aiding you in fights you NORMALLY wouldn't have, it's gonna make it easier for you to win. When you're dealing out more damage then you normally should be doing, it's going to take less skill in the fight for both players, thus skewing the 1v1. Being able to build a different way because you can rely on having outside buffs giving you more strength makes 1v1s skewed, regardless of them being "even" or not.

    Indirectly, however, now that you bring up the "earning a little more reward for winning doesn't make winning easier" thing, it does. If you are ranking quicker, you're getting stronger (even if only so slightly). Also, you're earning commendations at a much faster pace, thus getting audacity more. So, in technicality, it is helping you win easier . I know what you're saying though. As I said, the OP/relic buffs are making people win easier. They can keep Keep buffs (and I guess even delving buffs), just nerf them. W

    Destroyed mechanics? What exactly do you mean by that?

    Wargs are pretty underpowered and there are a couple of overpowered classes but the overall balance of the moors is pretty good right now if you think about it a bit. I don't feel like any of my freeps are unstoppable killing machines like I have in some other xpacs, but at the same time, I don't feel like I have automatically lost to certain creep classes. I feel like most fights come down to how well each side plays. Thats what I would call balance


    OP mastery is not a bad thing. Its just implemented poorly. It doesn't make it easier to win? Both sides are buffed by the same amount of mastery. Most freeps drop a bunch of dps stats to come to the moors, you need to to survive. Without the passive mastery boost fights would take about 9 years to finish. Just because a fight takes less time to complete, doesn't mean there is any less skill involved. Really, the opposite is true. If a fight is quicker it is harder to recover from a mistake, so to win consistently you have to make less mistakes.


    Greenies used to be little more than cannon fodder. These days, lower ranks are a bit more useful. Even if they are a bit weak, they can get to a stage where they are competetive much quicker these days. Creepside isn't completely reliant on the handful of high ranks logging in for them to be completely effective, because there are a whole lot more rank 8+s around these days. If, as you say, you want more challenging fights, you should welcome this change. The reverse is kind of true for freeps. You aren't instantly super powerful coming to the moors. You have to work at it a bit to get a few ranks of BP and audacity. This is a good thing too. Freeps don't automatically win just because they get a bunch of people out. Rank is kind of important for freeps now. Giving people more of an incentive to play is never a bad thing either.

    I don't really get why people are upset that its easier to progress these days. You often talk about how you enjoy challenge and what more of it, but now that its easier for people to get to a point that they provide a decent challenge, you hate the game for it? A lot of veteran high rank players seem to have a massive sense of entitlement towards their achievements. I don't get it. My guard is rank 9 and is about 4 years old. I couldn't care less if someone comes to the moors and is a higher rank than me in a couple of months. More people getting into pvp is a very good thing.



    I'm pretty sure you are looking back at SoA with massive nostalgia blinders on. Pretty sure there was a ton of stuff back then that they have improved on. Given the choice between todays game and 6 years ago, with the exception of auto flips and the relocation of EC/OC, I think I like todays game a lot more. The community from back in the old days, that would be what I want back. Not the game from back then
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    Destroyed mechanics? What exactly do you mean by that?

    Wargs are pretty underpowered and there are a couple of overpowered classes but the overall balance of the moors is pretty good right now if you think about it a bit. I don't feel like any of my freeps are unstoppable killing machines like I have in some other xpacs, but at the same time, I don't feel like I have automatically lost to certain creep classes. I feel like most fights come down to how well each side plays. Thats what I would call balance


    OP mastery is not a bad thing. Its just implemented poorly. It doesn't make it easier to win? Both sides are buffed by the same amount of mastery. Most freeps drop a bunch of dps stats to come to the moors, you need to to survive. Without the passive mastery boost fights would take about 9 years to finish. Just because a fight takes less time to complete, doesn't mean there is any less skill involved. Really, the opposite is true. If a fight is quicker it is harder to recover from a mistake, so to win consistently you have to make less mistakes.


    Greenies used to be little more than cannon fodder. These days, lower ranks are a bit more useful. Even if they are a bit weak, they can get to a stage where they are competetive much quicker these days. Creepside isn't completely reliant on the handful of high ranks logging in for them to be completely effective, because there are a whole lot more rank 8+s around these days. If, as you say, you want more challenging fights, you should welcome this change. The reverse is kind of true for freeps. You aren't instantly super powerful coming to the moors. You have to work at it a bit to get a few ranks of BP and audacity. This is a good thing too. Freeps don't automatically win just because they get a bunch of people out. Rank is kind of important for freeps now. Giving people more of an incentive to play is never a bad thing either.

    I don't really get why people are upset that its easier to progress these days. You often talk about how you enjoy challenge and what more of it, but now that its easier for people to get to a point that they provide a decent challenge, you hate the game for it? A lot of veteran high rank players seem to have a massive sense of entitlement towards their achievements. I don't get it. My guard is rank 9 and is about 4 years old. I couldn't care less if someone comes to the moors and is a higher rank than me in a couple of months. More people getting into pvp is a very good thing.



    I'm pretty sure you are looking back at SoA with massive nostalgia blinders on. Pretty sure there was a ton of stuff back then that they have improved on. Given the choice between todays game and 6 years ago, with the exception of auto flips and the relocation of EC/OC, I think I like todays game a lot more. The community from back in the old days, that would be what I want back. Not the game from back then
    Pretty much what he said.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Sep 01 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion the only weak part of the warg is the shadow stance. Flayer is as far away from UP as you can get.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion the only weak part of the warg is the shadow stance. Flayer is as far away from UP as you can get.
    If I could play a flayer warg in group or raid combat for the remainder of this expansion, I'd be completely content. Sooooooo many people underrate it. I even was in an argument tonight with two decent wargs regarding this topic just tonight. Wargs are underpowered atm, but flayer warg, they are without a doubt one of the best tools on creepside at this time against the OP heals they have to deal with or the melee balls.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    Yeah, what I said about wargs was mostly from the point of view of 1v1ing them. Most of them seem to use shadow for that, which is usually a pretty easy win. Easy win for me that is
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    Yeah, what I said about wargs was mostly from the point of view of 1v1ing them. Most of them seem to use shadow for that, which is usually a pretty easy win. Easy win for me that is
    Yeah I can bow to that. Warg, no stance-for-scouting, and then flayer for rvr w/ a good head on it shoulders = win my my book tho. It's actually my most favorite class to play atm, though I seldom get to play it.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I won't write a novel, but I will say I think pvp is better balanced now than it was in SoA minus the couple tweaks I mentioned. With that said, I have always enjoyed a challenge and still do. Turbine pvp is still better pvp than the few games I tried out otherwise. As for people starting to leave after SoA, some players always move from game to game after the first couple years. It's not that the game sucks, it's just no longer new to them. Turbine recently ratcheted down the hatches on farming. That's certainly a move in the right direction. As for rank, I thought rank doesn't matter? So why cry about it being so easy to get now? Kinda pointless, no? For someone who hates the state of the game, the people who run it, and doesn't play it, you sure do post more than anyone else on this forum. Not found a better game yet?

    PS: It is humorous someone who, refers to their opinion as "truth", calling someone else condescending. It's just an opinion, bro. Like mine, and everyone else's.
    Sorry this took so long to post, forums weren't working yesterday.

    Let me sum it up for you: the game does suck, if you don't think it doesn't, then you're in denial or don't know what good pvp is. The reason you stay is because of the community, and I don't blame you for that. To think this pvp is at all any good as of right now or better than before is asinine to consider.

    There are games I think have better pvp than this at the moment: SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Chivalry, Mount and Blade, etc. It seems you haven't tried out enough games. Back in the day, I wouldn't have been saying this, but this game has fallen so far that in that regard, that it shows how much Turbine has done to destroy it.

    I already said I agree with you that if they did away with OP/relic buffs, and nerfed renown/infamy/comms buffs. PvP would probably be in a good place if so.

    I have a game that I'm going to play exclusively when it does come out that won't be time consuming because I'm busy that is way better than this, I just don't want to mention it so noobs will be lookin for me in it , but I played the beta for it and it's epic.

    People started to slowly leave after SoA because Turbine was slowly killing it and didn't care, and they saw that. You are right in the regard that some just wanted something new, but eventually it became intolerable a la RoR, is when I decided to finally leave, because they butchered it completely. If they have done so well in preserving pvp, you'd probably see some people come back, and giving it a try again while staying.

    I just think my opinion is more truthful than yours, and I call you condescending because I know what you've become, and more times than not, you're a condescending doosh who thinks he is better than everyone else and knows it all, but you really don't, and someone who isn't afraid of your "greatness" needs to tell you that.

    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    Destroyed mechanics? What exactly do you mean by that?

    Wargs are pretty underpowered and there are a couple of overpowered classes but the overall balance of the moors is pretty good right now if you think about it a bit. I don't feel like any of my freeps are unstoppable killing machines like I have in some other xpacs, but at the same time, I don't feel like I have automatically lost to certain creep classes. I feel like most fights come down to how well each side plays. Thats what I would call balance


    OP mastery is not a bad thing. Its just implemented poorly. It doesn't make it easier to win? Both sides are buffed by the same amount of mastery. Most freeps drop a bunch of dps stats to come to the moors, you need to to survive. Without the passive mastery boost fights would take about 9 years to finish. Just because a fight takes less time to complete, doesn't mean there is any less skill involved. Really, the opposite is true. If a fight is quicker it is harder to recover from a mistake, so to win consistently you have to make less mistakes.


    Greenies used to be little more than cannon fodder. These days, lower ranks are a bit more useful. Even if they are a bit weak, they can get to a stage where they are competetive much quicker these days. Creepside isn't completely reliant on the handful of high ranks logging in for them to be completely effective, because there are a whole lot more rank 8+s around these days. If, as you say, you want more challenging fights, you should welcome this change. The reverse is kind of true for freeps. You aren't instantly super powerful coming to the moors. You have to work at it a bit to get a few ranks of BP and audacity. This is a good thing too. Freeps don't automatically win just because they get a bunch of people out. Rank is kind of important for freeps now. Giving people more of an incentive to play is never a bad thing either.

    I don't really get why people are upset that its easier to progress these days. You often talk about how you enjoy challenge and what more of it, but now that its easier for people to get to a point that they provide a decent challenge, you hate the game for it? A lot of veteran high rank players seem to have a massive sense of entitlement towards their achievements. I don't get it. My guard is rank 9 and is about 4 years old. I couldn't care less if someone comes to the moors and is a higher rank than me in a couple of months. More people getting into pvp is a very good thing.



    I'm pretty sure you are looking back at SoA with massive nostalgia blinders on. Pretty sure there was a ton of stuff back then that they have improved on. Given the choice between todays game and 6 years ago, with the exception of auto flips and the relocation of EC/OC, I think I like todays game a lot more. The community from back in the old days, that would be what I want back. Not the game from back then
    Yes, destroyed mechanics.

    I'd thought for sure my first post was supposed to be clear enough as to what I meant by destroyed mechanics. OP buffs skew 1v1s by giving you more damage you don't normally have, and skews fights in general, as well as healing. Badly implemented as you said. Keep/delving buffs shouldn't be as high as they are, I don't mind them, as long as they nerf them. As I've stated before, I just really have an issue with OP buffs, even relic buffs.

    I don't know why you can't comprehend that if you are doing more damage than you should be doing normally with the gear/traits you are supplied, it won't take as much skill to win due to not needing to focus on what skills to use at a certain time. I'm going to bring up the hunter vs. reaver example; There are plenty of other examples I could draw upon, though. If a hunter starts the fight off from a distance (popping NH and improved fleetness obv 30 secs long), he is going to hit you harder than he normally should, thus blowing you up faster due to the OP buffs. Also, you are using less skill rotation due to that with higher damage output, thus taking less skill. Additionally, the OP buffs allow you to gear/trait different ways than you normally could to become stronger than you normally should, on both creep and freep. This shouldn't need to be explained; it's simple pvp mechanics and anyone that 1v1ed long enough, it should be a no-brainer. Just because they are even means jack squat. The OP buffs need to go altogether, I disagree with you there. The keep buffs also make it though that people that normally didn't 1v1, 1v1 now because of the easy rank and do it for the wrong reasons that it wasn't intended for, but do so because the OP buffs make it easier for them. I've heard people have been getting upwards of 500+ infamy/renown from 1v1s rofl.

    I'm glad they made greenies stronger, obviously the implementation of making them red rings from the start was good (sad that and alt finder made Nubbers leave, but the red ring thing was smart). I'm simply stating it has become laughably easy how easy it is to rank and such compared to before. My real problem is with the OP buffs, read what I stated above. I'm aware that rank makes freeps stronger, so yes, rank is somewhat important on freep now, I agree with you on this.

    I'm not upset at all at the easier rank progression, though the keep/delving buffs should be nerfed imo (see I agree with ya Vic) so people aren't 1v1ing for the wrong reasons, but people shouldn't really be viewing it as much of an accomplishment anymore. That' the reason I only grats certain people that I know have been playing a while and earned a good bit when it was actually a challenge. If I cared so much about my rank, I would have got rank 12 on my guard a long time ago, who has been 30k away since RoI audacity era. Shadowthol showed how stupidly easy rank was to get (thru farming anyway :P).

    We are talking about book 12-14 right, not prebk12 right, which was very unbalanced? That was the most balanced the game was all around pvp imo, and I'll still stick to it. I didn't mind the game in Moria, SoM, and RoI either, they made some nice additions, but with this expac, they managed to completely destroy any further progress they were going to make and took steps back from improving it. Seeing how little they've done in 6.5 years, you see how this could possibly be a downfall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Pretty much what he said.
    Don't choke on it when you're gargling, bud . Trust me, I'm an expert! It's Australian too, who knows what it is seething inside of it from those kangaroo orgies on the outback!

    Check and mastabate.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Sep 03 2013 at 07:16 PM.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    The thing is though, with the hunter vs reaver thing. Because of the elevated damage output. The reaver has to be really selective about using his resilience/blade toss, if not, the hunter can kite him all day and hes not going to live for very long. Resilience/blade toss is gonna give him some guaranteed dps time, enough to stack some bleeds and get a good impale off, potentially even killing the hunter right there with some good crits. Knowing how to not waste that stuff is super important now that fights are pretty short. Then the hunter is only going to have a few seconds to react and create some distance after the resilience/blade toss or he is going to die. I would argue, that because the fight is shorter, you will die sooner, it matters a whole lot more what skills you use and when you use them.


    Short fights are more fun in my opinion. They make mistakes more significant, so a good player that doesn't make mistakes can really shine. It makes the gap between the really good players and the average players much more apparent. The emphasis is so much more on how you move and how you control the fight, and less about getting into a set rotation. I would much rather have that kind of pvp than have every fight take several minutes.


    Thats what makes a skillful player to me, not someone that knows their rotation, anyone can learn their classes rotation, for me, that is not really the mark of a good player. Someone that can avoid damage, and knows when to dish it out. Someone that can control a fight. Thats a good player.




    When I said the OP buffs were implemented poorly, what I meant was that they should just be there all the time. Even for both sides. Not tied to how many outposts you own. Or at least, effected a bit less by how many outposts you own.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    I already said I agree with you that if they did away with OP/relic buffs, and nerfed renown/infamy/comms buffs. PvP would probably be in a good place if so.
    I never said to nerf renown/infamy/comm buffs. I think inflated points are a great thing for new players.


    I just think my opinion is more truthful than yours, and I call you condescending because I know what you've become, and more times than not, you're a condescending doosh who thinks he is better than everyone else and knows it all, but you really don't, and someone who isn't afraid of your "greatness" needs to tell you that.
    What makes your opinion more truthful than my opinion? And yes, I believe we can all agree that I know everything.



    I'd thought for sure my first post was supposed to be clear enough as to what I meant by destroyed mechanics. OP buffs skew 1v1s by giving you more damage you don't normally have, and skews fights in general, as well as healing.
    Great argument here, except for the fact that they also introduced audacity, which reduces damage. I won't argue with healing being OP, specifically on RKs.

    I don't know why you can't comprehend that if you are doing more damage than you should be doing normally with the gear/traits you are supplied, it won't take as much skill to win due to not needing to focus on what skills to use at a certain time. I'm going to bring up the hunter vs. reaver example; There are plenty of other examples I could draw upon, though. If a hunter starts the fight off from a distance (popping NH and improved fleetness obv 30 secs long), he is going to hit you harder than he normally should, thus blowing you up faster due to the OP buffs. Also, you are using less skill rotation due to that with higher damage output, thus taking less skill. Additionally, the OP buffs allow you to gear/trait different ways than you normally could to become stronger than you normally should, on both creep and freep.
    I'm not sure if you've seen a hunter fight a reaver, but reavers often have a good chance at defeating a hunter. Also, I'm pretty sure there aren't that many players who trait differently due to OP buffs. I certainly don't.

    This shouldn't need to be explained; it's simple pvp mechanics and anyone that 1v1ed long enough, it should be a no-brainer. Just because they are even means jack squat. The OP buffs need to go altogether, I disagree with you there. The keep buffs also make it though that people that normally didn't 1v1, 1v1 now because of the easy rank
    Not really, pretty much they people who didn't 1v1 before, don't do it now, because they were bad at 1v1s before the buffs and they still bad now.

    I'm not upset at all at the easier rank progression, though the keep/delving buffs should be nerfed imo (see I agree with ya Vic)
    There you go putting words in my mouth again. Where did I say those buffs should be nerfed? The only thing I said that comes close to your opinion is that I wouldn't mind the OP buffs going away. And that's only because there's a handful of players on this server who have nothing better to do than go flip an OP making it 3/1 or 4/0.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Sorry this took so long to post, forums weren't working yesterday.

    Let me sum it up for you: the game does suck, if you don't think it doesn't, then you're in denial or don't know what good pvp is. The reason you stay is because of the community, and I don't blame you for that. To think this pvp is at all any good as of right now or better than before is asinine to consider.

    There are games I think have better pvp than this at the moment: SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, Chivalry, Mount and Blade, etc. It seems you haven't tried out enough games. Back in the day, I wouldn't have been saying this, but this game has fallen so far that in that regard, that it shows how much Turbine has done to destroy it.

    I already said I agree with you that if they did away with OP/relic buffs, and nerfed renown/infamy/comms buffs. PvP would probably be in a good place if so.

    I have a game that I'm going to play exclusively when it does come out that won't be time consuming because I'm busy that is way better than this, I just don't want to mention it so noobs will be lookin for me in it , but I played the beta for it and it's epic.

    People started to slowly leave after SoA because Turbine was slowly killing it and didn't care, and they saw that. You are right in the regard that some just wanted something new, but eventually it became intolerable a la RoR, is when I decided to finally leave, because they butchered it completely. If they have done so well in preserving pvp, you'd probably see some people come back, and giving it a try again while staying.

    I just think my opinion is more truthful than yours, and I call you condescending because I know what you've become, and more times than not, you're a condescending doosh who thinks he is better than everyone else and knows it all, but you really don't, and someone who isn't afraid of your "greatness" needs to tell you that.



    Yes, destroyed mechanics.

    I'd thought for sure my first post was supposed to be clear enough as to what I meant by destroyed mechanics. OP buffs skew 1v1s by giving you more damage you don't normally have, and skews fights in general, as well as healing. Badly implemented as you said. Keep/delving buffs shouldn't be as high as they are, I don't mind them, as long as they nerf them. As I've stated before, I just really have an issue with OP buffs, even relic buffs.
    Ok, first of all, I love this game and many people do agree so I dont see your problem with it at all. You know what great PvP is yet use GW2 as an example lol. That game has the biggest zergfest and most boring PvP I've tried for a very long time. The only cool part about GW2 PvP is the randomness in certain maps. Most of the people I've talked with about SWTOR doesn't like the PvP there. Never played it long enough to try.

    Honestly Vinner, your opinion is way less truthful than Vic's at the moment because he is playing the game. not just 1v1s, but actually try something different. From what I've gotten around to was that SoA made a lot of people really old and way grumpy. Its like it was a World War by how some people refer to it. I doubt it was that great because I practically never heard anything about LOTRO before 2010 in SoM. Besides if the OPs are even the difference is none in 1v1s so I dont see why you complain about that when you never play anything else anyways.

    So a lot of people left after SoA, have you seen the number of people who started to play after? I'd say that number is a majority between those two.

    I know why you left though, you realised I was getting good enough to kick your ... (our 1v1s in RoI aside, lol)
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I never said to nerf renown/infamy/comm buffs. I think inflated points are a great thing for new players.
    I was presuming from when you said "nerfing a few specific things" and insinuated from that you were suggesting nerfing inf/renown/delving buffs, in which case, I'd agree with you, but if you don't feel that is necessary, then I'd have to disagree with you. I don't think the points need to be THAT inflated, however.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    What makes your opinion more truthful than my opinion? And yes, I believe we can all agree that I know everything.
    Don't ya know? I'm a mudda flippin badace! I just said that for self-gratification and just wanted to get off to that. Even though we don't see eye to eye anymore Vic, I respect your opinion as hard as it is to believe, though obv not gonna agree with some, if not most things you say as I feel your logic in regards to pvp has dipped a bit over the years.







    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Great argument here, except for the fact that they also introduced audacity, which reduces damage. I won't argue with healing being OP, specifically on RKs.
    The introduction of audacity is fine, but the OP buffs is where it becomes skewed, and I'd feel like you agree with that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I'm not sure if you've seen a hunter fight a reaver, but reavers often have a good chance at defeating a hunter. Also, I'm pretty sure there aren't that many players who trait differently due to OP buffs. I certainly don't.





    Not really, pretty much they people who didn't 1v1 before, don't do it now, because they were bad at 1v1s before the buffs and they still bad now.
    I haven't, just from what I heard and using common logic involving how 1v1s are generally. As I said, plenty of other examples can be drawn upon like RKs attunement and dealing more damage, burgs in stealth, etc. I'm not saying the reaver is going to lose every time, but there is a higher probability for the hunter, who may not be as skilled, to win a higher amount of times due to having more damage than they should have due to the OP buffs. It's just how OPs skew fight outcomes is what is disconcerting to me.

    You may not, but it can be used as an overly-advantageous ability that normally wouldn't be present without the buffs.

    I was saying hypothetically how more people could be more inclined to 1v1 for the wrong reasons due to the inf/renown increases. It would obviously increase the amount of farming.



    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    The thing is though, with the hunter vs reaver thing. Because of the elevated damage output. The reaver has to be really selective about using his resilience/blade toss, if not, the hunter can kite him all day and hes not going to live for very long. Resilience/blade toss is gonna give him some guaranteed dps time, enough to stack some bleeds and get a good impale off, potentially even killing the hunter right there with some good crits. Knowing how to not waste that stuff is super important now that fights are pretty short. Then the hunter is only going to have a few seconds to react and create some distance after the resilience/blade toss or he is going to die. I would argue, that because the fight is shorter, you will die sooner, it matters a whole lot more what skills you use and when you use them.


    Short fights are more fun in my opinion. They make mistakes more significant, so a good player that doesn't make mistakes can really shine. It makes the gap between the really good players and the average players much more apparent. The emphasis is so much more on how you move and how you control the fight, and less about getting into a set rotation. I would much rather have that kind of pvp than have every fight take several minutes.


    Thats what makes a skillful player to me, not someone that knows their rotation, anyone can learn their classes rotation, for me, that is not really the mark of a good player. Someone that can avoid damage, and knows when to dish it out. Someone that can control a fight. Thats a good player.




    When I said the OP buffs were implemented poorly, what I meant was that they should just be there all the time. Even for both sides. Not tied to how many outposts you own. Or at least, effected a bit less by how many outposts you own.
    What about when the mediocre not-as-skilled or bad players are able to burst out more damage than they normally could? Bleeds, crits, etc.? The ability to be able to trait differently because of outside bufffs, not rely on much ability to know what skills to use when and when not to use because you're doing more damage than you're supposed to do. You're not relying on inherent ability by your own strength alone to win the fight, but having an outside buff make it much easier for you to win a fight that should take a bit more brain power.

    The fights may be too short. Having a fight where you have to think what next move you are going to do in order to increase your natural ability to win the fight is what makes someone skilled in a 1v1. You also said a skillful player is one who isn't afraid to burn cooldowns in 1v1s, which I disagree with. I used to beat plenty of people who used cds, or got close to beating some, when I used none. I understand using cds i f someone else uses them, but people who are good shouldn't need them at all, but that's a whole another discussion. Now, you might as well pop whatever since everything is so skewed anyway, it doesn't matter.

    I still think OP buffs should be gone altogether, but we both have our opinions, and I respect yours, even though you're Australian.



    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Ok, first of all, I love this game and many people do agree so I dont see your problem with it at all. You know what great PvP is yet use GW2 as an example lol. That game has the biggest zergfest and most boring PvP I've tried for a very long time. The only cool part about GW2 PvP is the randomness in certain maps. Most of the people I've talked with about SWTOR doesn't like the PvP there. Never played it long enough to try.

    Honestly Vinner, your opinion is way less truthful than Vic's at the moment because he is playing the game. not just 1v1s, but actually try something different. From what I've gotten around to was that SoA made a lot of people really old and way grumpy. Its like it was a World War by how some people refer to it. I doubt it was that great because I practically never heard anything about LOTRO before 2010 in SoM. Besides if the OPs are even the difference is none in 1v1s so I dont see why you complain about that when you never play anything else anyways.

    So a lot of people left after SoA, have you seen the number of people who started to play after? I'd say that number is a majority between those two.

    I know why you left though, you realised I was getting good enough to kick your ... (our 1v1s in RoI aside, lol)
    GW2 is very skill-based=good pvp for me imo. It's just a hard game for people to play and do well in, so they give up on it. Not all places are zerg-fests, you just gotta avoid them. Every game has zergs obv. Plenty of places to fight without the zerg-fest. I liked SWTOR in my time there, but a lot of people I played with left, and I just don't have the time in general to devote myself to those big MMOs to play it. For SWTOR, it was really the end-game that got people leaving, and because they made too many servers, the pvp population was too dispersed, so people started leaving unfortunately. What disappoints me abouut Lotro is I already put so much time into it, so if they did change some things up, I'd come back just because I've already wasted so much time here lol. I'm waiting for a game that is casual and really awesome that I'm gonna play exclusively because it doesn't require much dedication, hence y I don't play SWTOR or GW2 anymore, and Lotro for obvious other reasons.

    If Lotro didn't have the clear issues it did, I'd play LOTRO over GW2, even SWTOR, in a heartbeat due to the community, the time invested, and ofc, LOTR (even tho it's Turbine). I don't have the time to play anything grind-wise that I haven't already had extensive time into. I'll say this once and I'll say it again, Lotro community> all other MMOs I have played.

    So because I don't play the game, it makes my opinion less valid? You could say that...if I didn't view the situation as intricately as I did, but I thoroughly did. I don't post unless I have a clear consensus of what I'm trying to convey. The mechanics I outlined are justifiable through what they display/are lol, just because I don't play doesn't make my opinion wrong, that's how it is. That's what OP buffs do. Me playing or me not playing won't change that, only Turbine can do that, which they won't. I'm not grumpy at all, I just simply seen what has happened throughout all pvp eras, and you didn't even play in SoA Ting, you would have liked it. Problem is, there isn't enough vets left to vouch for how good pvp in book 12-14 was and its general balancedness. Only unbalanced part of SoA was prebk12 (still fun tho).

    A lot of people left after SoA and beyond, but I feel this current state would keep people from coming back and staying, that and Turbine's apathy. Plenty of people I know that stopped playing unfortunately. The populations across servers seem to be the most dismal they've ever been. This is a seemingly truthful assumption from what I've seen in threads about population drop.

    I'm stating that there is a difference in 1v1s from the OPs. Did you not read what I typed earlier? It's simple logistics. This is not an assumption, but a fact.

    And that's the last reason why I left .

    EDIT: I actually should stop clumping in everything from book 12-14 being balanced; book 12 was probably a bit unbalanced, but when book 13 came out with the addition of the Defiler, and book 14 came out with the addition of DR, that's when pvp was pretty balanced. Don't challenge the wiki-master . Also, didn't they get rid of DR in RoR? They should have kept it imo.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Sep 07 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    So much text on these posts. I think if you blur your eyes you can see 3d objects.
    [color=maroon][size=1][center]Clown • Reject • Gigabytes[/center][/size][/color]

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    807
    I probably shouldn't mention what I see. But, yeah, TL; DR....gladden sucks now, oh no it doesn't, oh yes it does, oh no it doens't. /nap /continue to next menu
    [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/midorinotori/signature2_zps1b4487ac.jpg[/IMG]

  25. #75
    Why'd I just read all this ####... my life... it's fading away...
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload