We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    Posts
    3,417

    A question about our 1v1s

    So I've seen both sides argue about whether consumeable buffs should be allowed in 1v1s or not. I see creeps with delving buffs everyday and then I see the same creeps complaining about freeps with buffs from perks, store etc.. I've seen plenty of freeps and creeps doing just fine without these buffs. If creeps can have delving buff, IP... what is wrong with captain buffs? I also see some hunters using that focus pot of theirs.

    So my question is simple, is there a line for consumeable buffs or can we practically pop whatever we want?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    So I've seen both sides argue about whether consumeable buffs should be allowed in 1v1s or not. I see creeps with delving buffs everyday and then I see the same creeps complaining about freeps with buffs from perks, store etc.. I've seen plenty of freeps and creeps doing just fine without these buffs. If creeps can have delving buff, IP... what is wrong with captain buffs? I also see some hunters using that focus pot of theirs.

    So my question is simple, is there a line for consumeable buffs or can we practically pop whatever we want?


    I would say that since there is an extremely wide range of buffs that peeps may be 1ving with, it should really be about personal choice as you will NEVER get a consensus, or EVER get the majority of peeps to follow the same parameters.


    There are some forms of purists, like myself, who won't 1v with Delving boss buffs up, or if the keeps/ops are skewed unevenly one way or the other ( I eschew artificially inflated gains ), there are other forms of purists who won't 1v with any buffs, or 1v anyone with buffs active. Then you have peeps that will pop some or any/all consumables or cds in 1vs.


    You're best bet is proly to play to the level of your competition. If you don't like their buffs, don't start jumpin', or ignore them or turn your back to let them know that you decline. If someone pops pots/cds that you aren't happy with, or doesn't approach 1vs honorably, don't 1v them anymore ( I have certain names on my list ), or continue 1ving and adjust what you pop/use accordingly.


    If there are more than 10 peeps standin' around though, someone should pop off and start some real pvp.

  3. #3
    It really doesn't matter anymore imo Ting, 1v1s are tainted and broken right now and don't prove as much as they used to.

    I'd say, might as well pop everything if you want/need to because all those outside buffs with OPs/relics make everything skewed anyway, so do w/e lol. If I did play still, I'd prob still fight the same no cd, challenging-myself, way but the reason I don't play is the pvp is broken in this game lol, more broken than ever before. Not a tolerable broken, but an intolerable one for me.

    Like I said before, I don't really have qualms as much with the keep/delving buffs (just need to be nerfed hard), but moreso with the OP/relic buffs.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 13 2013 at 05:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,019
    Without the op buffs, it would be highly skewed. When I put my Aud gear on I lose over 5k mastery, ops even that up, imagine missing 5k mastery on top of mits and audacity. Long as theyre even im ok with it. Honestly I don't care what a creep pops or buffs with there is generally a way to overcome it. Somethings to me are just cheap, the biggest being the fact it takes a long time to drop combat and a food popped warg hips' out and has ooc regen while I sit in combat then comes back to re-pounce,cheap.

    I do really try to not really burn anything until I see things being burned. When you pop mt/uruk hips sprint then be prepared for the full onslaught of burn hot focus pot intent fleetness, etc etc. Buffs are buffs. I cant really complain either way. They're there and available to anyone for the most part, boxes points, I detest the store jockeys. Only thing I get from the store is off my monthly stiped of 500, that's the offence tomes and some fall immunites. That's it. If I pick some stuff up from lootboxes/presents then so be it.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Without the op buffs, it would be highly skewed.................... Long as theyre even im ok with it..


    I have to admit....flippin' OPs, waiting to see who comes to investigate, then killing them, is one of my new favorite activities



    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Somethings to me are just cheap, the biggest being the fact it takes a long time to drop combat and a food popped warg hips' out and has ooc regen while I sit in combat then comes back to re-pounce,cheap.........


    Imho, if a 1v opponent makes a move to get OoCombat then the 1v is over and anything goes. Kiting a little is one thing...... a number of classes use that tactic to some degree......but poppin' Disappear, or using LoS, tree huggin', etc., yeah, that's when i'd switch from 1v mode to moors mode and kill them (if possible).



    BTW, Westmiss, if you're reading this big guy, jumping you when your on your way back from the rez to gta is NOT ganking 1vs, ( esp since you still have your BIG 2 available ) and you need to act accordingly in the future. If I start engaging you on the rez side of the river, or anywhere not at GTA, it's time to fight or die. Don't run to GTA calling out that i'm ganking you, and have sycophants rush to your aid. Stay and fight.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Without the op buffs, it would be highly skewed.
    Highly skewed without them? OP buffs are the things that skew damage in the first place, thus making 1v1s irrelevant imo, as they change the dynamics of how the fight would normally go. They do need to buff the stats on audacity gear though, but just get rid of the OPs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Highly skewed without them? OP buffs are the things that skew damage in the first place, thus making 1v1s irrelevant imo, as they change the dynamics of how the fight would normally go. They do need to buff the stats on audacity gear though, but just get rid of the OPs.
    Ok I guess I should clarify this. The way the gear is setup freeps would lose a boatload of mastery to be in audacity. When the ops are 2n2 things are right. When theyre 4 deep one side that's just garbage. 4 ops at a rez camp and im sitting in my pve gear cranking out 54k mastery TOTAL garbage. The ops need gone, just either add a natural mastery into the Moors no item wear buff or add it via traits/gear creeps/freeps respectively. I don't like the auto flips. Take a keep go to LC and the game decides to flip it.....bye bye rez.

    1v1s are SO SO SO not what they once were. Gankers were few and far between. People didn't tag, healers didn't hot bc guess what no out of group renown. Creeps and freeps showing up to 1v1s grouped and tagging and hey long as I get one shot in I got 35 renown, well I ganked 6 1v1s in the last 3 minutes...morsum...
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post

    1v1s are SO SO SO not what they once were. Gankers were few and far between. People didn't tag, healers didn't hot bc guess what no out of group renown. Creeps and freeps showing up to 1v1s grouped and tagging and hey long as I get one shot in I got 35 renown, well I ganked 6 1v1s in the last 3 minutes...morsum...
    GTA ganking happens per event, im 88% sure of it.

    Members of Fear No Darkness, Morsum, Atboth and multiple people I for some reason cant remember at the moment shouldn't be allowed at GTA ever.




    Today I went to GTA on my WL. Buffs was even. One of the hunters there attacked me so I attacked him back, suddenly a freep group from FND ganks me and later says I was the one ganking. So I take revenge on the hunter a few hours later, wanna guess what happens next? I am an idiot all of a sudden, guess who the hunter was.. Deathfromthe.

    Well Deathfromtheskies, I dont know if you read this or not, but I don't care whatever personal problems you got. if you act like ####, I will certainly pay you back tenfold. I called you a friend once, but now you're what? another hater? If you ever wanna talk, dont talk through your buddies, do it like a man and send me a tell. Because right now you act like a little spoiled brat. feel free to prove me wrong because you were one of the people I used to respect the most here. Then again it was back in RoI so I'd figure you would change during a year, puberty?

    If anyone from Fear No Darkness are actually an ok person I'd apologize to the following person, for now I'm yet to see an ok person in that kin.
    Last edited by Witch0King; Aug 14 2013 at 05:58 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    GTA ganking happens per event, im 88% sure of it.

    Members of Fear No Darkness, Morsum, Atboth and multiple people I for some reason cant remember at the moment shouldn't be allowed at GTA ever.




    Today I went to GTA on my WL. Buffs was even. One of the hunters there attacked me so I attacked him back, suddenly a freep group from FND ganks me and later says I was the one ganking. So I take revenge on the hunter a few hours later, wanna guess what happens next? I am an idiot all of a sudden, guess who the hunter was.. Deathfromthe.

    Well Deathfromtheskies, I dont know if you read this or not, but I don't care whatever personal problems you got. if you act like ####, I will certainly pay you back tenfold. I called you a friend once, but now you're what? another hater? If you ever wanna talk, dont talk through your buddies, do it like a man and send me a tell. Because right now you act like a little spoiled brat. feel free to prove me wrong because you were one of the people I used to respect the most here. Then again it was back in RoI so I'd figure you would change during a year, puberty?

    If anyone from Fear No Darkness are actually an ok person I'd apologize to the following person, for now I'm yet to see an ok person in that kin.
    THIS THIS AND ALL THIS. Normally when I tread down to 1v1s I glance around see who is where doing what, see if there is someone I care to 1v1. If not I generally camo up grab a bite or surf the web and look around for gankers. If I didn't see it then ive gotten to the point I don't trust anyone when they say kill em they ganked me. Buncha no names calling for KoS. Not trying to take the snotty end and say so and so has more pull but a rnk 5 hunter I know nothing about calling for KoS....meh do it yourself.

    Too many times an aoe goes off and that's all it takes to set off the gank squad. Guess what LEARN TO USE BUFFBARS. Its pretty easy to tell if something was aoe or if it was tagging or legit ganking. Blight, warg fear, the aoe spider dot, get hit with it all the time, I stay aware of oh hey we got close to those two 1v1ing my dumb fault and go on.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    If anyone from Fear No Darkness are actually an ok person I'd apologize to the following person, for now I'm yet to see an ok person in that kin.


    I'm soooo far beyond ok that i'd actually have to take some sort of class on how to become less ok, or at least less ok than I am now..........which is of course way more ok than your standard Scandanavian, who EVERYONE knows are all less than ok, all 6.2 feet tall ok (even the dwarfs), they all actually have blond hair and blue eyes ok, and of course they are all named Inga or Sven which means there is a lot of confusion whenever they start to congregate, kinda like Christmas at George Foremans house.


    Ok?


    Waiting for apology....................... ....ok.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    I'm soooo far beyond ok that i'd actually have to take some sort of class on how to become less ok, or at least less ok than I am now..........which is of course way more ok than your standard Scandanavian, who EVERYONE knows are all less than ok, all 6.2 feet tall ok (even the dwarfs), they all actually have blond hair and blue eyes ok, and of course they are all named Inga or Sven which means there is a lot of confusion whenever they start to congregate, kinda like Christmas at George Foremans house.
    Yeah, you won't get an apology for nothing, especially when you claim to be better than Scandanavians..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Ok I guess I should clarify this. The way the gear is setup freeps would lose a boatload of mastery to be in audacity. When the ops are 2n2 things are right. When theyre 4 deep one side that's just garbage. 4 ops at a rez camp and im sitting in my pve gear cranking out 54k mastery TOTAL garbage. The ops need gone, just either add a natural mastery into the Moors no item wear buff or add it via traits/gear creeps/freeps respectively. I don't like the auto flips. Take a keep go to LC and the game decides to flip it.....bye bye rez.

    I agree, and yes, OP buffs should be gone. I'm just saying regardless that OP buffs skew 1v1s in general hehe. I'm with ya when you say they should update the Moors gear to make it more efficient, or use the solution you suggested. That's a good idea.

  13. #13
    It's probably because most people don't respect 1v1s anymore. I was 1v1ing on my reaver a couple days ago when I popped into LOTRO again, and suddenly, massive freep zerg just rolls through. Moments later, after I map back, I catch one of the zerglings alone, and promptly pay him his dues. Massive freep zerg rolls through again, and I get called out for "ganking." Sure. Moments later, massive creep zerg begins forming for vengeance.... and on it goes...

    Sad thing is, a lot of people are fond of the phrase "GTA isn't a 1v1 zone!" but if I ever catch someone saying that, I call them out for the idiot they are. GTA's been a 1v1 zone for as long as candy mountain's been a 1v1 zone which has been a 1v1 zone for as long as 1v1s have existed in Gladden's moors. If you don't know how to respect that, #### purty please. It's not that hard to leave one little plot of land alone while your zerg can roll other parts of the map.

    Groups who aren't finding infamy elsewhere usually roll in around GTA looking to squash 1v1s in hopes of "starting action," but I find that usually ends up meaning one side getting a zerg and keeping the side which had less numbers at the 1v1s in their own rez until either a raid forms or those few log.

    And I sympathize with Tingur -- there are definitely some obvious people who consistently have trouble respecting the 1v1s. Not much to do about it though, especially if they have a group on their side and you're alone. Just be comforted by the fact that usually those people are the type who can't solo sheet anyways, and laugh about it under their nose.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    I don't think you can ever weed out 1v haters and lovers if you're not at all about grouping, but I would suggest linking this thread to OOC so that the new and old may read upon the opinions. It's one thing to complain, but it helps to advertise. People may consider their change in course of action. Or not. But at least there is good communication. Other wise this argument, like the many other things people hate about what others do, will never end! This game has too much turn over for it to be policed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    804
    Lately they've sorta turned into free for alls. At least the last few nights. I still don't know what set off certain burgs, but hey, do what ya gotta do.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    339
    Funny I have a good fight with dumi and then sippy jumps in, then he doesnt jump in the fight where I couldnt buy a crit besides the two autos I had. Where is the justice.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,059
    Both sides will always have people disagreeing on what's allowed and what's not. Both will get zerged and do zerging. Ive seen people who interfere with 1v1s, yet raise hell when theirs or their friends are interrupted. Its a never-ending circle because we have people who dislike/loathe each other, and decide that person deserves to be zerged. Then herd mentality kicks in and everyone else does it. And when they're paid their dues, they'll whine and moan.

    Tl;dr both sides zerg. Just about every person on this server has been a part of a zerg. Nothing's gonna change.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    804
    Rofl, not just about every person has. Every person who has or does pvp has participated in a zerg. "But I wasn't in the group, I didn't zerg anything!" If you were hitting the one target that twelve other people were hitting, yes you zerged. Out of groupers count, I don't care what anyone says, I just wish people would acknowledge that. " oh there's only fourteen in the freep raid!" How many out of groupers, cause we have twenty on track... " oh I dunno they didn't count them." Derp.

    Oops.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    Rofl, not just about every person has. Every person who has or does pvp has participated in a zerg. "But I wasn't in the group, I didn't zerg anything!" If you were hitting the one target that twelve other people were hitting, yes you zerged. Out of groupers count, I don't care what anyone says, I just wish people would acknowledge that. " oh there's only fourteen in the freep raid!" How many out of groupers, cause we have twenty on track... " oh I dunno they didn't count them." Derp.

    Oops.
    I guess you're right on the first part. I think there's a few people who actively try to zerg, while others participate because everyone else has. The second i don't really agree with. There's always out of groupers. Neither side really owns up to them though, so that part i agree on pewps.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    425
    Ok,yesterday I saw something...
    I usually don't 1v1,but I had to test (train) my noob LM; on the way from the rez, bunny-ears Orcchops with some R5 defiler were camping old ec for people going to and away from gta.
    Just saying, not cool

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away.
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    Ok,yesterday I saw something...
    I usually don't 1v1,but I had to test (train) my noob LM; on the way from the rez, bunny-ears Orcchops with some R5 defiler were camping old ec for people going to and away from gta.
    Just saying, not cool
    Even though that is very annoying, it is "legal" because they are outside of GTA or where ever the 1v1s are held.

  22. #22
    Well I have ganked before, but. I only ever did it when
    1) i saw someone get ganked
    2) when I got ganked
    3) when a freep was killing up a creep who didn't want to fight them.
    But I never ganked someone who had ganked in the past but was not ganking that day. So as much as u hate me i never started the ganking
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    GTA ganking happens per event, im 88% sure of it.

    Members of Fear No Darkness, Morsum, Atboth and multiple people I for some reason cant remember at the moment shouldn't be allowed at GTA ever.




    Today I went to GTA on my WL. Buffs was even. One of the hunters there attacked me so I attacked him back, suddenly a freep group from FND ganks me and later says I was the one ganking. So I take revenge on the hunter a few hours later, wanna guess what happens next? I am an idiot all of a sudden, guess who the hunter was.. Deathfromthe.

    Well Deathfromtheskies, I dont know if you read this or not, but I don't care whatever personal problems you got. if you act like ####, I will certainly pay you back tenfold. I called you a friend once, but now you're what? another hater? If you ever wanna talk, dont talk through your buddies, do it like a man and send me a tell. Because right now you act like a little spoiled brat. feel free to prove me wrong because you were one of the people I used to respect the most here. Then again it was back in RoI so I'd figure you would change during a year, puberty?

    If anyone from Fear No Darkness are actually an ok person I'd apologize to the following person, for now I'm yet to see an ok person in that kin.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    Well I have ganked before, but. I only ever did it when
    1) i saw someone get ganked
    2) when I got ganked
    3) when a freep was killing up a creep who didn't want to fight them.
    But I never ganked someone who had ganked in the past but was not ganking that day. So as much as u hate me i never started the ganking
    Must have been another reaver named atboth i saw ganking at gta then. o.O

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Must have been another reaver named atboth i saw ganking at gta then. o.O
    Look at the first 5 words i said

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    359
    I wish people would care less about organised 1v1s and roam the map more. I've been in the moors a lot less of late, but a lot of the time I am there I just randomly ride around the map looking for other solo people/small groups to fight. Finding a decent fight like this is pretty rare these days. No one else seems to do it. But it is so much more fun to let these 1v1 fights happen more organically by just running into someone out on the map and throwing down

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload