We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Need Account Wide Experience Disabler

I would love to be able to purchase an account wide experience disabler. The individual one is too pricey for as many alts as I have. I'd be willing to pay up to 2000 tp for one if I could use it account wide. The leveling is just really set too fast now to be able to stay in a zone long enough to do most of the quests or get kindred rep without out leveling the zone. Not everyone wants to rush to end game. I hope you'll consider this and implement it soon. Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a3fe6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I just bought this awhile ago, and I could swear it was Bind to Account. (I remember specifically because I was very surprised that it was Bind to Account instead of to character.)

/signed. I've purchased at least 4 XP disablers already, and am considering a 5th, but it's just becoming too expensive.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
    I just bought this awhile ago, and I could swear it was Bind to Account. (I remember specifically because I was very surprised that it was Bind to Account instead of to character.)
    It might be Bound to Account until you actually equip it. Once you equip it with a character, it becomes bound to that character.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    It might be Bound to Account until you actually equip it. Once you equip it with a character, it becomes bound to that character.
    Yes, this is exactly how binding works for the XP disabler.

If they put an account-wide XP disabler into the in-game Store (or onto the LotRO market, for that matter), I'd buy that too, for a rather handsome price. I go through lots of alts and I love account-wide purchases for that reason. Right now, the XP disabler is the only thing I feel my characters need on a regular basis that I have not yet been able to buy for my whole account.

To be honest, Helm's Deep does not have me exited at all. I'm not planning to pre-order. The only thing that would make me pre-order would be a pre-order package that included an account-wide XP disabler. Even then, I'd be buying an account-wide XP disabler with an expansion as an added bonus, not the other way round.

Completely agree. My wife and I would get an account-level disabler. We will not spend the $500, $600, or more to get individual disablers for our characters. Yes, we have that many characters, and create new ones all the time.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    The thing with this item, as with many others, is that people were asking for it for ages and stating, "We will pay well for it in the store and you will make money from it!"

So, Turbine created it and put it in the Store, now people are saying, "Oh, we didn't really mean that about paying well for it. We want it cheaper please." Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways. Turbine have to recoup the costs involved in developing this item and you, the people that asked for it, have to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    I just checked, and yes, you are correct.