We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter Legendaries

The hunter legendaries are still as good as they were on lvl 50. Literally. How come the legendaries aren't scaled up with level, like legendaries of other classes? For instance the cpt's IDOME that buffs now +85 instead of +50.

Press Onward is basically useless at lvl 85. You get a heal for 2.8k max with 1k power. Now that ain't right...I heal faster with an out of combat regen. Thought this skill was meant to quickly give us a heal when we needed it.
    Bow of the Righteous is also in need of a dire improvement. The base cost of a lvl 85 skill is 170 power with a 7.7 to 11 power return given by Bard's Arrow. Which imo is neglectible even in long battles.

So there we go. The 2 skills that imo were helping out the hunter in SoA have so far been neglected and over the years have lost their ability to help a hunter. And I don't care if you say it's become bloody easy to just pew pew and it dies. If it's easy that's Turbine's content fault. Which is different then skill negligence.

Anyways, would be good to see if these two skills scale with the level and don't lose their touch which made a difference in alot of situations during SoA.
    Last edited by Turulnya; Aug 11 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turulnya View Post
    The hunter legendaries are still as good as they were on lvl 50. Literally. How come the legendaries aren't scaled up with level, like legendaries of other classes? For instance the cpt's IDOME that buffs now +85 instead of +50.

Press Onward is basically useless at lvl 85. You get a heal for 2.8k max with 1k power. Now that ain't right...I heal faster with an out of combat regen. Thought this skill was meant to quickly give us a heal when we needed it.
    Bard's Arrow is also in need of a dire improvement. The base cost of a lvl 85 skill is 170 power with a 7.7 to 11 power return given by Bard's Arrow. Which imo is neglectible even in long battles.

So there we go. The 2 skills that imo were helping out the hunter in SoA have so far been neglected and over the years have lost their ability to help a hunter. And I don't care if you say it's become bloody easy to just pew pew and it dies. If it's easy that's Turbine's content fault. Which is different then skill negligence.

Anyways, would be good to see if these two skills scale with the level and don't lose their touch which made a difference in alot of situations during SoA.
    I think you mean Bow Of The Righteous. Bard's arrow is still marginally useful, (fear 1 enemy for 15 seconds with 30s cooldown) BOTR however is almost useless... The Easternet Tome of the wind-rider saves about double the legendary trait.

(while we are at it, they really should also improve "Improved" Strength of the Earth (incombat regen actually gives more power than the channeled skill)

Quote Originally Posted by jaecynt View Post
    I think you mean Bow Of The Righteous.
    Yes! That's right, kinda mixed up the names. But aye. It's pretty much useless. Even if you're playing in Endurance Stance it is but a small margin of the power cost.

From an outsiders point of view(I don't play a hunter) You guys seem to be in a pretty decent place overall, better off than some classes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    From an outsiders point of view(I don't play a hunter) You guys seem to be in a pretty decent place overall, better off than some classes at least.
    Come role a hunter. Without top gear at every tier, you can't DPS enough to keep yourself from dying. Most people give up on hunter by 40 because of it. The highest DPS class right now is RK when traited and equipped for it. Best single point is a burg that knows how to lay the game. Dedicated hunters are left out to dry. Our burst DPS is negligible now that NPC health is super high. And our high burst causes us to lose a large amount of power for many. I am traited 3r, 3b and heightened senses. This next expansion is make or break for hunters. We got 3 new skills this last time, and 1 was improved split shot (useless). Solo or moors I can't think of a better class for someone who understands the game, and loves range to play. But for grouping and such, we hold no weight anymore when you can scrap a hunter for a DPS RK and so on.

As for the OP, our "Legendary Traits" are just the opposite and it has been brought up time after time. It seems to be a mute point during RoR and it is getting annoying that we have gotten overlooked. Ever since RoI, when every class got single point DPS, hunters have been on the decline. Legacies, traits and so on need a major revamp to keep up with the changes or we will be support, and not major DPS after HD. They say the classes are now balanced, but I think there are still small outliers. Hunters don't need to be OP like SoA and Moria, but they need to find a balance with the other classes especially when it comes to traits and legacies.

P.S. Guardian base traits need to scale with the levels too imo. They seem to get out dated after awhile. If they already made that change, sorry I haven't been hardcore guard in awhile.

I have a lvl 85 Champ and a level 85 Hunter and I love them both.
    With my Champ I can rush in and kill everything without even thinking, which is not true with my hunter. But with the right traits and legacies you can focus on high burst DPS and survivability at the same time. Mounted, I like my hunter better (a mounted champ is rather boring, except for the Horn AoE skill), especially dismounting foes is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    The highest DPS class right now is RK when traited and equipped for it. Best single point is a burg that knows how to lay the game. Dedicated hunters are left out to dry.

I can only say: If RK does more dps then you, you are doing it wrong. Also... you have RK in your list of dps classes and champ is missing??

The highest DPS class right now is RK when traited and equipped for it.
    The highest DPS class now is champion/hunter. Top RK DPS is few hundreds DPS behind.

Best single point is a burg that knows how to lay the game.
    This was very true during RoI, but in RoR even in solo situation burgs have lower ST DPS than champ/hunt. In group their debuffs will benefit others as well so the DPS gap will be bigger.

Our burst DPS is negligible now that NPC health is super high.
    Assuming you meant landscape fights, as in instances NPC morale usually does not matter at all: hunters have the highest initial burst DPS - with a single Improved Focus a lvl 85 hunt can easily kill an on-level normal mob within 5 sec or a signature in 10 sec.

And our high burst causes us to lose a large amount of power for many. I am traited 3r, 3b and heightened senses.
    Although Burn Hot now costs about 1k power, it greatly increases our damage and decreases power cost for 20 secounds. It is not how long it takes for a hunter to run out of power, but how much total damage a hunter does using X amount of power that matters (when there is no LM or cpt to give the hunt power support). Therefore I won't suggest traiting Heightened Sense for reducing power cost.
    Last edited by Farasilion; Aug 12 2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Thanks to farasilion for saving me time again ^^

But yea... To add on to everything else....
    While fire rks are OP with the pulse sets, I dont see them out dpsing good hunters. Few hundred dps ahead of rks mean ALOT of damage in a sustained fight.
    Champs and hunters are top these days.single target and aoe. On that note, imp splitshot useless? (i macro faron when rain of arrows does crit) its a great skill now.
    Managing power with 5b2r isnt even a problem for me. I find hs trait useless outside of moors and cc duty. If you allow for cooldowns, its pretty easy to manage power without dropping dps too much.

Hunts= good place atm. Class is nowhere near broken as people claim. Its user problem, not the class itself

And yes, guards need an update.. Its kinda sad lol.
    LMs can heal like pros
    Warden aggro is op

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    Thanks to farasilion for saving me time again ^^
    My pleasure

On that note, imp splitshot useless? (i macro faron when rain of arrows does crit) its a great skill now.
    Mmm forgot to reply to that point. Yeah with +5 AOE targets legacy, Imp Split Shot can hit up to 8 targets and generate 8 focus pips with 0 crit, which is extreme OP when there are lots of mobs.
    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

yea +8 focus no crit and it crits more often than not for me.
    hits pretty hard too

Like I said before, hunters are in a good place right now. Dont see why alot of players have lost faith in the class when it is doing very well imo. Maybe lacking in pvp, but i have accepted long ago that i dont play lotro for the pvp.Have GW2 for that :/
    Could use a few changes but other than that its pretty solid. I mean, you have good single target/aoe dps both sustained and burst AND you can tank almost all the 6 mans and def. all the 3mans

Def. like my hunter much more than burg (also cuz my burgs dps sux compared to hunter)

Pretty easy to sit back and pew pew and still do tons of damage. I have to follow actual rotations on my burglar >.>
    While BOTR sux now compared to what it was before, its still better slot than the others (i trait fleet,press onward and BOTR) as it still gives back power. Better than nothing right?

yea +8 focus no crit and it crits more often than not for me.
    hits pretty hard too

Like I said before, hunters are in a good place right now. Dont see why alot of players have lost faith in the class when it is doing very well imo. Maybe lacking in pvp, but i have accepted long ago that i dont play lotro for the pvp.Have GW2 for that :/
    Could use a few changes but other than that its pretty solid. I mean, you have good single target/aoe dps both sustained and burst AND you can tank almost all the 6 mans and def. all the 3mans

Def. like my hunter much more than burg (also cuz my burgs dps sux compared to hunter)

Pretty easy to sit back and pew pew and still do tons of damage. I have to follow actual rotations on my burglar >.>
    While BOTR sux now compared to what it was before, its still better slot than the others (i trait fleet,press onward and BOTR) as it still gives back power. Better than nothing right?
    Are you serious when you say hunters can tank 6 men? Which one? level 32 Garth Argawen? (Okok... Carn Dum, Urugath, Forgotten Treasury, Grand Stairs, and Sambrog up to lvl 75 are also soloable by hunters, but i argue that all classes who are equally geared can also solo these instances) ... After burgs, we have one of the worst solo survivability. I do agree that hunters are in a much better place than what it was in RoI, but that's because the RoI changes was really bad, and i would argue, nearly destroyed hunters. We mostly agree that hunters have now finally taken back our place as one of the top DPS classes, but that still doesn't mean that our legendaries do not need any help.

You know why hunters are so easy to play? it's because we have no other roles other than following the Target assists and not grab agro. (ok occasionally we have to to be the ones killing the things that fails the challenge, but that's it..) I really missed the time when my job during raids/instances also includes catching adds that are getting a little too intimate with our minis. Now if we do that, we die really quickly and get labeled as huntards. There is no, mez this target, or challenge the adds, or pull mobs from the healing puddle. It's always stand at one spot.. go pew pew pew, and move only when there is a puddle under you.

Give us an inductionless press onwards.... give us a BOTR that returns just a little morale. That would not change our position in the DPS table, but it sure would improve our survivability. Help us be more useful to the fellowship in an instance, than to just speed up a seal farm by 10-15%.

p/s Our AOE is quite decent i grant your that... but you sure have to hope you have a VERY good tank to hold AOE threat or the next thing you will see are 8-9 mobs running towards you and making hunter patties out of you..

Are you serious when you say hunters can tank 6 men? Which one? level 32 Garth Argawen? (Okok... Carn Dum, Urugath, Forgotten Treasury, Grand Stairs, and Sambrog up to lvl 75 are also soloable by hunters, but i argue that all classes who are equally geared can also solo these instances) ... After burgs, we have one of the worst solo survivability.
    Well lets see
    GB can be huntanked, Lt t2c can be huntanked, Sari Surma (last boss) can be huntanked,Fornost water t2c,fire wing t2c,earth 2nd and last , never tried dale but that seems rather straightforward, glingant is a FFA till last boss nway, OE ive never really tried same with haud w/e . Even the harder 3mans like wargpens cm and scuttledells cm(and that was with lm heals). Obviously its better if u get a real tank but at times u cant. Or if u want something to do that doesn't put you to sleep :P

You know why hunters are so easy to play? it's because we have no other roles other than following the Target assists and not grab agro. (ok occasionally we have to to be the ones killing the things that fails the challenge, but that's it..) I really missed the time when my job during raids/instances also includes catching adds that are getting a little too intimate with our minis. Now if we do that, we die really quickly and get labeled as huntards. There is no, mez this target, or challenge the adds, or pull mobs from the healing puddle. It's always stand at one spot.. go pew pew pew, and move only when there is a puddle under you.
    And this is why the game has gotten boring for me. Outside of raids its just zerg zerg zerg try to beat this run asap. When most instances outside of raids stop requiring real tanks unlike what he had in the past, things go downhill fast. 3mans used to be tank heal dps now tanks are almost a waste of a spot..

p/s Our AOE is quite decent i grant your that... but you sure have to hope you have a VERY good tank to hold AOE threat or the next thing you will see are 8-9 mobs running towards you and making hunter patties out of you..
    hunter burst aoe is great, dps actually increases over time in aoe by quite a chunk. Faron ss resets ftw! Just kinda hate animation :/
    In flight t2 ive never had much issue with aggro as hits are lower aggro than single.targs. And those roa tags pretty hard almost ps like. Most aoe situation u can survive if u pull aggro because things die really fast, that is, if you have decentstats
    Vit,mits,morale,avoidances

Hmm...So far as I can remember from my post I said nothing about hunter being broken in any way or another. DPS-wise the hunter is still on the top (single-target) with champs being on top AoE wise. Being able to solo is possible as well without much problems. Yes hunters are squishy, they have been since they invented the parry/evade rating, during SoA you could easily get a 30-35% parry and evade chance when geared correctly.

But that wasn't the issue nor topic of this thread. It's the outdated version of Press Onward, which if left alone will be useless when lvl 95 pots will heal the same amount and power pots already give us more power. Plus the BoTR power return is to slim to actually provide the big difference in a long encounter. You need to fire 23 skills in order to get one "free" skill from BoTR which means that for every 4k power you get one free skill. Ok, I've left out Burn Hot and Quick Shot in this calculation but it shows how much BoTR is in need of some extra love from the devs.

As for the Solo/3-mans/6-mans quick runs the hunter is fine. It's raidwise and long encounters that shows the fractured places of a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turulnya View Post
    Hmm...So far as I can remember from my post I said nothing about hunter being broken in any way or another. DPS-wise the hunter is still on the top (single-target) with champs being on top AoE wise. Being able to solo is possible as well without much problems. Yes hunters are squishy, they have been since they invented the parry/evade rating, during SoA you could easily get a 30-35% parry and evade chance when geared correctly.

But that wasn't the issue nor topic of this thread. It's the outdated version of Press Onward, which if left alone will be useless when lvl 95 pots will heal the same amount and power pots already give us more power. Plus the BoTR power return is to slim to actually provide the big difference in a long encounter. You need to fire 23 skills in order to get one "free" skill from BoTR which means that for every 4k power you get one free skill. Ok, I've left out Burn Hot and Quick Shot in this calculation but it shows how much BoTR is in need of some extra love from the devs.

As for the Solo/3-mans/6-mans quick runs the hunter is fine. It's raidwise and long encounters that shows the fractured places of a hunter.
    Yea, you didnt say that hunter is a broken class but someone else implied with their post.
    As for our so called "Legendaries" half of em are pretty useless nowadays anyway... I mean, Press onward and BOTR are terrible, but I slot them anyway cux still more practical than ROT or bard...for pve anyway.

They made icpr so OP you couldnt possibly run out of power. Then BOTR was pretty trivial then anyway, then they fixed icpr and nerfed BOTR...and PO...way to make them feel like yellow traits. Prob. Easily the most popular traits until they broke it. Though power management just takes more attention now with the nerf, I just hate the idea of nerfing skills to useless status.
    We arent getting more legendaries to make up for nerfed botr/po,.chances are, I wont even need to trait cc for Explosive arrow/bard/ROT. I rarely coolburn and the only constant trait I use is fleetness the rest are just fillers.
    Guess we will see with class revamps.Fingers crossed :P