We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Freep guide on how to be great in the moors.

Here is a complete guide to how to be awesome players in the moors freep side and how to be great at your class

Champion-Find solo, run in, lose 1k health, bubble, lose that bubble, pop another bubble, lose that one, pop the other one, lose that one and lose half of health, use heal, that doesn't work, screw fair fights and challenge pop sprint and run to gv.

Minstrel-Find solo, start spamming heals, hit him once in awhile, lose 1k health, put HOTS and flop, come back up repeat, lose another 1k health, put HOTS and flop, Make sure whole time your running to safety or if you cant survive call in zerg.

burglar-Find solo fight, run in, daze, hit, stun, keep hitting, when comes out of stun daze, when comes out of daze stun again, spam heal, and spam subtle stab for less cd on heal, lose half morale hips run away.

Loremaster-find solo fight, stack water lore before the fight-trait healing as much as possible, daze, water lore, stun, water lore, and repeat and if lose half of health use council.

Warden-Trait sheild, find solo, go into determination, run in start spamming heals, make sure to use the fall below 20% or whatever it is because you don't want to have to die.

rk-get into a group, trait heals, heal yourself with all moves.

Tip to all classes-Make sure to always run to npcs or safety, and always always call in the zerg because fair fights aren't right and dyeing is a crime, and make sure to always group so you can zerg and rank fast because soloing has no skill and a fair 1v1 isn't right.

*sarcasm off* STOP BEING FAILS!

Notice i did not mention hunter, cappy, or guardian. It seems there the only ones that aren't Ezmode
    Last edited by stormshadowking; Aug 10 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    Notice i did not mention hunter, cappy, or guardian. It seems there the only ones that aren't Ezmode

Captains aren't Ezmode? Since when?
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

SnH Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by xmorzan View Post
    Captains aren't Ezmode? Since when?
    they are even with most classes unless grouped which is most of the time

Then you have fought some really fail captains. If they are traited heals they are almost a melee LM w/o as much cc. Not traited heals they are a WL with a little more healing and alot more dps. Not to mention if they are geared good. Guardians can stack alot of bleeds and have a sprint that is just as good as a champs. Hunters just need to stealth in grothum or on the rock at gullovol and then burn hot and whatever else they do to destroy someone from range. To be honest a good hunter can hold his own with melee and kitting, those who cant i would ease over into the fail category.

Ministrel tip!

For the sake of advanced level of fighting well and not losing ever, I must add a pro tip for all minis. Prolly the best of them already know this but I feel it is time to share it. Firstly, always go to EC (elf camp for Moor virgins), which of course should be the main venue for you. Just follow the guideline of healing yourself. Feel free to run around as far as there isn´t any creeps or at least you get easy kills. The trick here is that if, by any chance, you feel like losing the battle, you run close to the DOF entrance at the end of EC. If the npcs won´t be of help don´t remain and fight there. Just FLOP and wait till the combat wears off and jump into the DOF. Easy but still practise it. Hope this helps. In my dreams minis click auto win button, but this must do at the moment. Happy times in the Moors!

they are even with most classes unless grouped which is most of the time

A captain is just as OP as the others you mentioned. They take so little damage and can put out nice heals if traited. I know that hunters aren't generally considered OP, but there's a couple on my server that can consistently beat any creep, so I would say in some cases hunters can be an OP class too. We don't have a lot of Guards on Landy, good ones anyway, so I can't really speak to their OPness

SnH Landroval

Hunters with the proper gear setup take only a semi competent person to play. The class itself is not op, but with the gear introduced like the golden jewelry they can be OP.

Guardians I would say can be pretty OP as well, esp since there is a set that has automatic Stagger application on it, thus taking less skill to play guard unlike before when you actually needed skill to land stagger the majority of the time.

Captains with right gear also pretty strong.

Essentially every freep class if they get the right gear.

My 2 cents anyway.

Why not write up a list of how Creep classes win too?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Even today some people regard Fiction as lesser reading material. He'll have more readers writing how freeps win.

Hunter is perhaps the easiest class to play, there isn't a lot you need to do really. The issue is the perception that all freep classes should be able to beat every creep class and every player. See this is a myth created by turbine, they made specific classes OP and any moron can play them and win 9 out of 10 times. A hunter is balanced for moors play, specifically because it fills one role well, ranged dps. The other freep classes fill multiple roles and as a result you get foolish non sensical results, you know like a light armored healing class in WS kiting, self healing and outputting DPS taking literally tens of thousands of damage within a fight. Hunter is about timing and rotation, and when your in melee how you create distance. The fact of the matter is a hunter can be killed in the moors, even great players who play the toon die. Unlike bad players who play OP toons who are a ##### to kill (hi wardens). Hunters aren't hard.... The legacies you need on LI's are simple enough, gear isn't complex its the fact that hunter has not been afforded other applicable roles in the moors that create the appearance of it being complex. Sure its a challenge when you get in Melee, if your rotation is sloppy and you aren't mouse turning you'll die fast but the OP is wrong, hunter is the most EZ mode class to play.

sensing some hurt feelings here

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Hunter is perhaps the easiest class to play, there isn't a lot you need to do really. The issue is the perception that all freep classes should be able to beat every creep class and every player. See this is a myth created by turbine, they made specific classes OP and any moron can play them and win 9 out of 10 times. A hunter is balanced for moors play, specifically because it fills one role well, ranged dps. The other freep classes fill multiple roles and as a result you get foolish non sensical results, you know like a light armored healing class in WS kiting, self healing and outputting DPS taking literally tens of thousands of damage within a fight. Hunter is about timing and rotation, and when your in melee how you create distance. The fact of the matter is a hunter can be killed in the moors, even great players who play the toon die. Unlike bad players who play OP toons who are a ##### to kill (hi wardens). Hunters aren't hard.... The legacies you need on LI's are simple enough, gear isn't complex its the fact that hunter has not been afforded other applicable roles in the moors that create the appearance of it being complex. Sure its a challenge when you get in Melee, if your rotation is sloppy and you aren't mouse turning you'll die fast but the OP is wrong, hunter is the most EZ mode class to play.
    Big Mac n chips please , la
    rge coke , maybe a mac flurry too , step on it !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Big Mac n chips please , la
    rge coke , maybe a mac flurry too , step on it !!!!
    Come on man, if youre going to troll at least put in a little effort. Head back to the burg forum to cry some more, the adults are talking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Creep classes....win?

Wait what

please

GUYS GUYS PLEASE. im not talking about which class is op we all know which classes are op...my point is that all the fail freeps that zerg raid and gank 24/7 and dont care about fair fights all they want to do is win win win no matter what they have to do is completely ####!

Im just showing you how idiotic these things are and all the fail froobs doing this needs to play right and not take advantage of how fail they can be.

This #### i talked about up above is exactly what happens and im sick of people doing this stuff thats just not fair...if you find solo fight fair. Dont be fail like most today

GUYS GUYS PLEASE. im not talking about which class is op we all know which classes are op...my point is that all the fail freeps that zerg raid and gank 24/7 and dont care about fair fights all they want to do is win win win no matter what they have to do is completely ####!

Im just showing you how idiotic these things are and all the fail froobs doing this needs to play right and not take advantage of how fail they can be.

This #### i talked about up above is exactly what happens and im sick of people doing this stuff thats just not fair...if you find solo fight fair. Dont be fail like most today
    You made a troll post and expected something different in the posts?

How people play has nothing to do with what class they are on, it has to do with how they play.

Your post reeks of being a sore loser. Its a game, and anyone who head is more than a 1/4 inch out of their behind knows that its not balanced, which means that any of those freeps who think they're somehow 'better' than you for all the tactics you describe are only fooling themselves. Take the system for what it is, getting all riled up will get you no where. And complaining about zerging and ganking is so far from a freep specific problem you just make yourself look even more silly.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    Even today some people regard Fiction as lesser reading material. He'll have more readers writing how freeps win.
    +1 for the giggles. Well said.

Excellent Points! It's like you've been playing lotro from the beginning. Well putz!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkor View Post
    Creep classes....win?

Wait what
    If they're better than the average player, they sure do.

Creep guuide on how to be great in the moors

Reaver - Find solo. Charge in, stack debuffs, impale. Uh oh, health is dropping not going to win this one! Pop DR and run off.
    Weaver - Find solo. Web the earth, kite kite kite, stack as many dots as possible. Note health dropping fast, burrow allow health to hit max, jump out of burrow, web the earth and run to safety.
    WL - Find solo. Plant banners, everywhere, always. Heal heal heal heal heal, shout. Beg for help in OOC. Hope help arrives before freep support arrives. Kite to grams or nearest one-shotters.
    Warg - Find solo. Sudden pounce from stealth, face roll keyboard. Oh ****, getting owned! HIPS and sprint away.
    BA - Find solo. Slow target, kite dot kite dot kite dot. Target's too close! Pop MT, kite dot kite dot REVENGE.
    Defiler - Find solo. Fear target, run. Spam OOC you found a solo freep. Ponder to yourself why you're solo. Did you forget to bathe, or do people just hate you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeld View Post
    Reaver - Find solo. Charge in, stack debuffs, impale. Uh oh, health is dropping not going to win this one! Pop DR and run off.
    Weaver - Find solo. Web the earth, kite kite kite, stack as many dots as possible. Note health dropping fast, burrow allow health to hit max, jump out of burrow, web the earth and run to safety.
    WL - Find solo. Plant banners, everywhere, always. Heal heal heal heal heal, shout. Beg for help in OOC. Hope help arrives before freep support arrives. Kite to grams or nearest one-shotters.
    Warg - Find solo. Sudden pounce from stealth, face roll keyboard. Oh ****, getting owned! HIPS and sprint away.
    BA - Find solo. Slow target, kite dot kite dot kite dot. Target's too close! Pop MT, kite dot kite dot REVENGE.
    Defiler - Find solo. Fear target, run. Spam OOC you found a solo freep. Ponder to yourself why you're solo. Did you forget to bathe, or do people just hate you?

I find it ironic that you'd make a post about creeps running away when there's this : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lash-SlideShow!!!!

SnH Landroval

I find it ironic that you'd make a post about creeps running away when there's this : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lash-SlideShow!!!!
    I find it ironic that the video was made in the first place, considering it shows me staying until the bitter end of a fairly lengthy fight until everyone I was with died, and then another of me jumping into a keep when a creep zerg descends upon me. I suppose you would have stayed in place so the creeps could get easy infamy off you? You guys need to stop with your sore posteriors over the Arcanum video and getting your egos crushed in the 6v6, because the reality is that's the only reason you even bothered to chime in, and why you follow me around like a little fan boy.

I find it ironic that the video was made in the first place, considering it shows me staying until the bitter end of a fairly lengthy fight until everyone I was with died, and then another of me jumping into a keep when a creep zerg descends upon me. I suppose you would have stayed in place so the creeps could get easy infamy off you? You guys need to stop with your sore posteriors over the Arcanum video and getting your egos crushed in the 6v6, because the reality is that's the only reason you even bothered to chime in, and why you follow me around like a little fan boy.
    I don't think you looked at the thread because it's not a video. Also, I don't pvp on your server but I did come across this thread (which is hilarious), and then saw your post in this thread in which you troll players for doing exactly what was done in the other thread. But whatever, I'll be your fanboy if you want

SnH Landroval

I don't think you looked at the thread because it's not a video. Also, I don't pvp on your server but I did come across this thread (which is hilarious), and then saw your post in this thread in which you troll players for doing exactly what was done in the other thread. But whatever, I'll be your fanboy if you want
    Seems like you went out of your way to dig up posts in other forums. Not sure if I should be creeped out by stalker behavior or feel honored you bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    /agreed

Lets see what Helms Deep gonna change with class revamps.

Is that how RvRs plays on your server or just your imagination if I can ask? DR is useless and even if someone will use it ,for sure not gonna run off as this skill gonna kill user.

P.S stormshadowking , hilarious thread ^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast