We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A note to all who change their post font color

Since there are now two themes to switch between for browsing the forums I noticed that sometimes I cannot see the text of some posts in the mobile skin theme.

This is the case if people change their font color to white or close to white to probably try to override the little contrast that the main normal skin theme provides for them.
    While this works nicely with the main theme it makes the text unreadable on a mobile device with the mobile theme turned on where the text is black on a white background as default. However font colors in posts are not overridden so white on white kinda has not much contrast either.
    Additionally marking text on a mobile device is rather clumsy so these posts will likely not get read like this.

So if you want your post to be read without any problems in all themes then please check if they are by simply switching themes if you want to use different than the default font colors.

Thanks from someone browsing these forums often from his mobile device.

And should they ever get the lighter non-mobile theme done, it will have the same issues. I occasionally change the color of an indented quote just to make it stand out more. When I do, I pick colors which are neither very light nor very dark (like this or this), so they'll hopefully be readable by anyone. Regular posting text is always the default color (and size).

Khafar

Thanks for pointing that out, I don't use a smartphone and didn't know the mobile version has a white background. I whitened my text assuming the majority who might read it are using the default light-on-dark theme; will go back and un-whiten those posts.
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Saniko View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, I don't use a smartphone and didn't know the mobile version has a white background. I whitened my text assuming the majority who might read it are using the default light-on-dark theme; will go back and un-whiten those posts.
    You don't even have to have a smart device, just choose the mobile default from the style chooser at the bottom of the site and you can see for yourself what it looks like.
    R.I.P. Big E

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    And should they ever get the lighter non-mobile theme done, it will have the same issues. I occasionally change the color of an indented quote just to make it stand out more. When I do, I pick colors which are neither very light nor very dark (like this or this), so they'll hopefully be readable by anyone. Regular posting text is always the default color (and size).

Khafar
    Some of the theme modifications we made in the other thread already ignore all of this stuff, decided for my version that I don't want any of this nonsense, Taravith followed.
    The best thing would be if they simply disabled this wysiwyg nonsense and disallowed changes to the font, but that will supposedly not happen, requiring effort and all.

SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.