We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    20 launcher files and 8317 iterations, here, without 11.3.
    11.3 was only about 800 iterations, so it sounds about right. You're just getting both.

Latest build number on BR (signed 08/20/2013) is 1200.x compared to 1102.x on live so it could very well be HD I guess... Anyone know the build number of 11.3? Presumably 1103.x
    Andahlia (100BRG) - Annare (100MNS) - Grimdhaz (100RNK) - Grimdoin (100GDN)
    Grimdoir (100CHM) - Tommelhood (100HNT) - Willegart (100WDN)

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Original statements were for 2014. Sapience's recent comment abou the game being maintained for 'years to come' and about the SZC folks frequently visiting the Turbine offices and everyone getting along well, argues rather strongly against your thesis.
    I'm not commenting directly on how long Turbine will have the license. If they were losing it tomorrow, it's highly likely they wouldn't tell us until the day after. BUT, while I have no reason to suspect they would lose the license, whether or not they are paling around with SZC folks has nothing to do with anything. Even if a relationship was ending, and I'm not saying it is, they could still be keeping things cordial.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Well, if it's any consolation, I launched the BR client this morning just to see if it would update, and it's in the process of "Applying 7822 forward iterations...". So, they must be getting ready to launch the beta soon.
    Perhaps they are.

Meanwhile, I saw a tiny glitch, viz., I downloaded 22 launcher files and got no further. So after perhaps a minute, I said what the heck
    and clicked on the little X to close the launcher. Whereupon it restarted and downloaded 7700-something .dat files.

After that it told me sternly that BR was not up, so I closed it again. Like so many other things, BR will be open when it's open.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Cirgellon View Post
    They have never said when this would release. It's pretty clear that they are still working on it.
    Um last I check turbine stated HD for a fall 2013 release....................... ..

As towards licensing, it's highly likely that turbine is renewing it because the game is still bringing in money (and I hope profits for them to keep the servers up).

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post

As towards licensing, it's highly likely that turbine is renewing it because the game is still bringing in money (and I hope profits for them to keep the servers up).
    Hummm... How much, do you happen to know?
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    Um last I check turbine stated HD for a fall 2013 release....................... ..

That's--at best--only half the equation. Even assuming that Turbine (and WB) is happy with the LotRO income, and further assuming that a license renewal will not push the fees to a point that WB and/or Turbine would be unhappy, is SZC/MEE happy with the license terms sufficiently to renew it?

This is not to say that I think the license hasn't been or won't be renewed, just pointing out that there are two parties involved and you can't go by how one of them is doing and ignore the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovakhim View Post
    Sapience has already written in another thread that, basically, the license has been expanded and LOTRO would be expanded and supported "for many more years".

I guess that settles this, yes?

If you believe one word of what he says...yes. but if you don't believe him I'd say it not settled by far!

If they said fall or autumn then that could be anytime in a chunk of 3 months.

They're probably being more tacet that they were for rohan due to the dodgy prepurchase info (they'll want to make sure thats spot on or face losing a lot of goodwill) the delayed launch as well as the spread of that launch over 6 (?) months. Now granted with the mounted system they were very overoptimistic about the time frame to get it both working and playable (still laggy as hell during busy times) but that will still be in peoples minds as rohan was most recent the expansion.

I strongly suspect that the beta will be chugging merrily a long for a while before date or dates for launch are pinned down. Hopefully this time, for their sake, they are able to get all of the expansion ready and out the door on launch day instead of splitting it up. Lotro has been about for quite a while so mistakes made with launches will be recieved more harshly than they would for new titles, learning from experience and all that.

Helms deep excitement is inside the hobbits bags of tokens atm. But maybe somewhere else soon Tm.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Honestly, I think we can blame Wal-mart and Target for us wanting info on Helm's Deep so early....

Christmas is what, less than 4 months away, but there is already stuff being sold at stores relating to Christmas, decorations, ornaments, lights, etc...

We were told Helms Deep would go live in the fall, and IMMEDIATELY we expected to know every bit of detail about it and get automatic invites to the BETA server 6 months ago.

now... I can remember a time when stores weren't so 'holiday oriented,' meaning they waited until thanksgiving to start pushing out the christmas stuff... but now... as soon as Christmas is over, you soon start to see stuff in stores about next years christmas almost half a year in advance...

With the daily unveiling of the helms deep pic on their twitter, i full expect to know something big about Helm's Deep within a week.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Menathradon View Post
    Honestly, I think we can blame Wal-mart and Target for us wanting info on Helm's Deep so early....

Christmas is what, less than 4 months away, but there is already stuff being sold at stores relating to Christmas, decorations, ornaments, lights, etc...
    Costco has had Christmas stuff in the store for at least a month already, but that's targeted at other stores....mostly.

now... I can remember a time when stores weren't so 'holiday oriented,' meaning they waited until thanksgiving to start pushing out the christmas stuff... but now... as soon as Christmas is over, you soon start to see stuff in stores about next years christmas almost half a year in advance...
    The day after Thanksgiving, traditionally. In fact...Thanksgiving was *moved* from the last Thursday in November to the 4th Thursday in November for that very purpose: To give merchants a longer (and, hopefully, more profitable) Christmas selling season. (The shift was done by FDR 1939 by proclamation and in Dec. 1941, made permanent by a joint declaration of Congress and signed by FDR).

It's a good thing I'm not religious or my strong distaste for nearly anything to do with Christmas by the time the actual day rolls around would be seriously depressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2