We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb An idea for "Audacity"and a soloution that would make everyone happy.

Theres a lot of new people to the moors who complain it's too hard to earn their audacity, I've gotten 2 freep to r6 and 1 creep to r6. While it's challenging without a group, its still do-able. But, I have a suggestion that might make everyone happy.

Tiers.

They could make "tiers" of Audacity gear, tier 1 would cost the least and only give 1/2 an aud point per piece and lower stats and no set bonus, tier 2 would cost slightly more and would give 1 aud point per piece(slightly higher stats and 1 set bonus), and tier 3 would cost the same as the aud we have now while giving 2 aud point per piece.(highest stats and 2 set bonuses)

While giving the equivalent to creeps.

The tier 1 set would give a small bonus, but that small bonus makes you *that* much less squishy. You could then upgrade your tier 1 set for a tier 2 set for a certain price, then continue upgrading to tier 3. Or you could just skip tier 1 and buy tier 2, or skip 1 and 2 and buy 3. whichever you prefer.

This would be new-pvmper friendly, and would perhaps bring more balance to the moors.

There could also be a "rank lock" on tiers, say tier 1 is open to everyone rank 1+ tier 2 is open to everyone rank 4+ and tier 3 for everyone rank 6+

This would give everyone the same challenge starting out (so you can't farm coms on your high rank creep and buy full aud for your rank 0 freep) and give everyone a fighting chance, while still giving a reward to people who put the time and devotion into pvmp.

Perhaps if enough people like it, we can get this thread to a dev and maybe get a nice minor change, that would have a major impact on the pvmp experience with the next expac!
    Last edited by OruiFarimur; Aug 07 2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typooo
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

**NOTE**

This definitely isn't a full fix for pvmp, but it's a step in the right direction. Atleast I think so. please leave thoughts and feedback.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

That might help if audacity would scale linear, but if I remember right rank 1-7 are only half as effective as rank 8-13. Which never made any sense to me in the first place, I could understand the opposite: lower ranks have a higher effect to get on-par, higher expensive ranks with a smaller effect to get a small advantage. Thats usually how progression works. But I guess Turbine had to render the 75 sets obsolete without taking anything away from people, so they came up with this idiocy.

Btw most people in the other thread didn't say it's hard to earn comms. It's just that the only effective way to earn comms without audacity is grinding dailies (which after the RoR nerf takes forever), tagging along in a zerg raid or half-legitimate rank-farming, none of which is particulary motivating. We get that from PvE content already.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    Theres a lot of new people to the moors who complain it's too hard to earn their audacity...
    At first I thought the wind had gotten stronger back home in Grothum and was causing that wailing sound through the mountain ranges, all day long too...but alas I was soon to realize it was the wailing sound of crying casuals strewn about the killing fields far below me. I went down to silence them forever only to my horror discovering they would respawn, come back, die again and cry even louder this time. At first they called out for their loved ones, but soon enough it became a outraged roar of despair and hairpulling. Gone was the sobs and moans for mom and dad, replaced with a sulky whiny plea for some far away gods they called devs. to come to their aid..

There's generally too much moaning in the Moors dudes....stop it, this instant!

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

This definitely isn't a full fix for pvmp, but it's a step in the right direction. Atleast I think so. please leave thoughts and feedback.
    Sounds like another unneeded grind to me. Probably not for the same reason you're thinking though...

For one, people who wants things just "handed" to them without wanting to work for it have absolutely NO sympathy from me. Try playing Creepside from greenie level up til you get strong. Yeah, I did it long before I played Freepside. I have no sympathy for the weak who complain about being weak. Stop whining and get out on the battle-field. Not doing well solo? Group up!

So all-in-all, I don't agree with this idea.

There could also be a "rank lock" on tiers, say tier 1 is open to everyone rank 1+ tier 2 is open to everyone rank 4+ and tier 3 for everyone rank 6+
    The only thing that should be rank-locked is Battle-Promotions.

This would give everyone the same challenge starting out (so you can't farm coms on your high rank creep and buy full aud for your rank 0 freep) and give everyone a fighting chance, while still giving a reward to people who put the time and devotion into pvmp.
    If you don't like that just suggest that they make a modification to Commendations. Like giving Creepside a different currency so that you can only use the Commendation earned on Creeps on your Creep, and you can only use the Commendations earned on Freeps on your Freep. I dunno, either give it a new name or have two Commendation stacks in your wallet, one blue and one red. That way you can spend red comms on Creep and blue comms on Freep. Something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post

For one, people who wants things just "handed" to them without wanting to work for it have absolutely NO sympathy from me.

They still dont get sympathy for me, but the point of this idea is to give them *something* so it doesn't seem like such a steep hill to climb. So many people quit right off the bat because they dont understand why they have to earn aud and why they have to put the work in, this way you get what you pay for, the tier 1 set with 1/2 and aud point per piece wouldn't really help them that much at all, but it might get people invested enough to continue playing in the moors.

I think a lot of people are looking at this as they're getting aud handed to them, when they have to earn coms just like us, but they have the choice to spend less coms and get less. but still get something.

I for one, get sick when a rank 0 freep kills my low rank creeps just because his main or creep grinded coms. This idea would eliminate that happening and even the playing field a bit more.