We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotteries don't show expiration

The old lotteries always showed the date and time at which they would end. I knew when to check back to see if I had won, and could alert Kinship members if a lottery was ending soon. It would be nice if the current lotteries displayed this information.

P.S. The lotteries are back ! Huzzah!
    Avowulf, Avodir, Avodoc, Avoin, Avorond, Avoborn, Avorin, Avogar, Avowald, Avobert
    (all in [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Carpe Jugulum[/COLOR] on [COLOR=Yellow]Silverlode[/COLOR])
    "Reality: What a gyp."--Dogbert

The current lottery shows this:

Lottery of the thingsEnds in 15 hours
    Open to All Characters level 10-85

Is that better or worse than "ends at 7 Aug 2013 05:00"?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post

Personally I'd prefer the date/time option vs "ends in X hours", as the second option only shows hours, leaving the exact time unknown. If the second option is all that's possible, I'm ok with that, but the specific time would be better, imo.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

So you have to know to the exact minute when you won a stack of blue fireworks?

Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    So you have to know to the exact minute when you won a stack of blue fireworks?
    I don't need to know the exact minute I won something. But if I'm telling someone else in or out of the game that there's a lottery up, and they are not in a position to be able to login and enter the lottery (maybe they are at work or in class), it would be far better to be able to tell them the lottery ends "at 5:00 pm" than "around 5:00 pm", so they have some idea of whether or not they have a chance at entering. I tend not to pay attention to the lottery expiration when I enter, so seeing an exact time would be a bit better than "ends in X hours". That said, I'm not hard over on it either way, some indication is better than none. And I really like that you can still see what's in the lottery after entering now!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

I just checked the current lottery and it says it ends in 11 minutes. When I'd entered it, the timer said it ended in three hours so I thought I'd see if the minutes displayed when it was within an hour. It seems that they do!
    Angeleen - 85 Hunter * Conall - 85 Lore-master * Sevastian - 85 Hunter * Cadphel - 76 Minstrel * Raury - 76 Captain * Landroval Server

Quote Originally Posted by deliguy View Post
    After checking the box for all characters and hitting submit button , I am I suppose to get an acknowledgement?
    All of your check boxes should appear lighter to indicate they've been submitted.

They're working on a way to make this clearer.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris View Post
    I just checked the current lottery and it says it ends in 11 minutes. When I'd entered it, the timer said it ended in three hours so I thought I'd see if the minutes displayed when it was within an hour. It seems that they do!
    Cool, thanks for letting us know!

Quote Originally Posted by deliguy View Post
    After checking the box for all characters and hitting submit button , I am I suppose to get an acknowledgement?
    You do, you will see if you look very closely, that the check marks remain in the boxes faintly after you've submitted. Sapience has indicated that they're trying to get something more obvious...

...and I see Crell beat me to the punch with the answer!

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    The "ends in X hours" or "ends in X minutes" is a nod to trying to make a display that people don't have to use math for or know if the lottery is thinking in form default time, your set forum time, the server time, or some random time no one can guess at. Regardless of your time zone or what time the lottery is basing it's end time off, "ends in 10 minutes" means ends in 10 minutes.

Slipped a lottery in on me...

I check almost daily, it musta been a short one.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

I didn't see that, but I was looking for the information after I had entered the lottery. Does it display the information only before you enter?
    Avowulf, Avodir, Avodoc, Avoin, Avorond, Avoborn, Avorin, Avogar, Avowald, Avobert
    (all in [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Carpe Jugulum[/COLOR] on [COLOR=Yellow]Silverlode[/COLOR])

honestly I cannot tell if I am entered in the loto or not

Quote Originally Posted by AmAvocet View Post
    I didn't see that, but I was looking for the information after I had entered the lottery. Does it display the information only before you enter?
    New lotteries up, and I see the ending times (such as they are) both before and after entering. I wonder how I missed them before.