We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Could we complain about in-game bad behavior and words of players?

If so, how and where should it be done?

Thanks

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidzy_the_humble View Post

If so, how and where should it be done?

Thanks
    You should report the incident and the player using the reporting tools in game. Posting here will not help us investigate an in game issue with a player's choice of words.

Or you could just turn on the profanity filter or other filters or even hey what about the ignore feature ?

You're talking about basically telling people what they can or cannot do in the game, which is reserved for the GM's.

Granted there are some things that people do in this game that I consider to be assinine, but if they want to act stupid then that too is their perogitive.

Also you should maybe give a "for instance" as to what you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    Or you could just turn on the profanity filter or other filters or even hey what about the ignore feature ?

You're talking about basically telling people what they can or cannot do in the game, which is reserved for the GM's.

Granted there are some things that people do in this game that I consider to be assinine, but if they want to act stupid then that too is their perogitive.

Also you should maybe give a "for instance" as to what you are referring to.
    The OP asked a simple question about how to report something, which has been asked and answered. Therefore the thread should be closed. There's no need to criticize somebody for asking how to get help. The OP did not say anyone wanted to control anyone's behavior; they just asked a question about whether reporting someone was possible and how to do it. There are many ways to harass a player that can avoid the profanity filter and the ignore list. Only Turbine has the right to decide whether someone's behavior breaks the rules or not, and that is why Turbine created the ticket system. You are correct that this right is reserved for the GMs, which is exactly what the OP was asking about.

Using filters and ignoring the issue does not help, reporting bad player behaviour does. Let's not confuse sore-losers and bullying with sub-par game achievement. In-game reporting with situation specific details is the best way to go. Don't be intimidated by Friend/Social panels, etc. We can change obnoxious play one step at a time.

To me "Bad Behaviour" could be anything, and if it has to do with words it sounds to me that the OP is complaining about the use of words i.e. this usually means profanity in some way.

It may not have seemed like it to you but I too was offering advice on what they could do, so don't criticize me because you took what i said in the wrong context.

I could be horrifically wrong, but the existence of an in-game filter doesn't change the requirement for players to comply with Turbine's ToS.....specifically the parts where certain language isn't allowed.

Report them and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailedra View Post
    I could be horrifically wrong, but the existence of an in-game filter doesn't change the requirement for players to comply with Turbine's ToS.....specifically the parts where certain language isn't allowed.
    You're not "horrifically wrong". In fact, that's 100% correct, and Sapience has pointed that out many times. It's the use of profanity which breaks the rules, and that can happen in any channel... public, kinship, fellowship, /tell, whatever.

All it takes is for someone to report it, and the profanity filter is completely irrelevant. Note: if you report someone else for something, it's best if you haven't been using profanity in chat yourself. They review both the reported character and the reporting character. The same goes for character names that violate the rules - Turbine's CEO when the game launched found this out the hard way. He reported someone else for a vile character name, only to find that he was forced to rename his character for violating a different naming rule...

Khafar

My thanks

Thanks everyone.

I should revise the rules then, to make sure to not break them my-self ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Turbine's CEO when the game launched found this out the hard way. He reported someone else for a vile character name, only to find that he was forced to rename his character for violating a different naming rule...
    I dont suppose you recall what the CEO's character name was?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler