We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    41

    Defending Hoarhallow

    Today, I was trying to quest done (killing Mayor Wat). Apparantly, Dirac had set himself the target of keeping Mayor Wat alive.. what followed was a very nice game of hide and seek which went all the way to Tol Ascarnen and back to HH. This gave me an idea -- probably not new -- for a server event:

    1) Freeps go to HoarHallow -- they are not allowed to go outside the perimeter of the farthest Hoarhallow inhabitant (if one gets kited away, that extends the perimeter)
    2) Creeps try to kill Farmers and Gardeners (5 of each) + Mayor Wat
    3) If freeps manage to kill 11 creeps, they win.
    4) if Creeps manage to kill the farmers and Gardeners + Mayor Wat, creeps win.

    Interested?

    Dingu

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere to be seen.
    Posts
    617
    This is a very bad idea on multiple levels.

    1. Events that evolve one side having to kill the other side, but the other side having another goal, aren't very populair amongst the latter side.
    2. This event would be in freep infested territory, giving the obvious winners of this event an even greater advantage.
    3. Events around PvE are for outside the Ettenmoors.
    4. BD

    BD have done a great job to, over the course of past 2 years, sabotage any announced event, but for one. Therefore, any player intitiative or enthusiasm to join in such an event has been pounded into the ground and right now the biggest events on Gilrain are the Prayer Groups to King Turbine that they open transfers up so this server can die in peace, PvMP wise.

    If you'd like a nice event, speak to leaders of kins you'd like to invite and discuss dates and times and ideas with them. That way any gank hungry people will be startled by the event when it takes place and won't be able to muster the strength. And make it PvMP based.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    41
    Here's why you're wrong about this being a bad idea:

    Freeps:

    Freeps would have to devise defense strategies

    1) HH is a large area -- it would take a LOT of Freeps to Circle it -- which won't happen and therefore they would have to do patrols -- leaving gaps for Creeps to sneak in.

    2) There would be skirmishes -- small groups against small groups around HH.

    3) True, Freeps would have NPC's to help them, but then again, they'd be spread out A LOT. Which is also why BD can't ruin this, their numbers wouldn't cover the entire area either.



    Creeps:

    1) Creeps would have to think up attack strategies -- send in a decoy attack on one side and attack en masse from the other side..
    2) Send in a 4-warg team to assassinate the mayor
    3) Do a full on charge on a side that isn't well protected.

    Could be fun.

    Dingu

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    917
    Don't bother.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere to be seen.
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingu View Post
    Here's why you're wrong about this being a bad idea:

    Freeps:

    Freeps would have to devise defense strategies

    1) HH is a large area -- it would take a LOT of Freeps to Circle it -- which won't happen and therefore they would have to do patrols -- leaving gaps for Creeps to sneak in.

    2) There would be skirmishes -- small groups against small groups around HH.

    3) True, Freeps would have NPC's to help them, but then again, they'd be spread out A LOT. Which is also why BD can't ruin this, their numbers wouldn't cover the entire area either.



    Creeps:

    1) Creeps would have to think up attack strategies -- send in a decoy attack on one side and attack en masse from the other side..
    2) Send in a 4-warg team to assassinate the mayor
    3) Do a full on charge on a side that isn't well protected.

    Could be fun.

    Dingu
    I'm not wrong, an opinion is never wrong and you asked for response so I gave you some. The way I see it Freeps won't give damn about how strategic this game could be played and just all defend the Mayor and zerg the creeps coming in. Besides, if BD can zerg a server wide peace event across whole of Ettenmoors I'm sure they'll do one hell of a job keeping HH locked down. Not because they're powerful or whatever, just because they have no honour.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    I'm not wrong, an opinion is never wrong and you asked for response so I gave you some.
    Sure it is. An opinion is like an &&&&&&&& -- it's easy to get one. But keeping it standing is a lot tougher. And it becomes a limp debate very fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    The way I see it Freeps won't give damn about how strategic this game could be played and just all defend the Mayor and zerg the creeps coming in. Besides, if BD can zerg a server wide peace event across whole of Ettenmoors I'm sure they'll do one hell of a job keeping HH locked down. Not because they're powerful or whatever, just because they have no honour.
    I'm just not ready to give up -- I've seen people like BD come and go -- when they get bored of playing out their bigheadedness.

    As for them doing a good job at protecting HH.. Take a look at the area -- you'd be amazed, how hard it would be to keep it safe. As for putting a raid around the Mayor -- that is a valid point.. let's replace that with 5 freeps or the mayor then.

    And to kill the Mayor, everyone online could log a BA or a spider and range him.. anyway.. dozens of tactics possible. Same for the freeps.. if they go stand all together.. they'd be sitting ducks for ranged.

    Dingu
    Last edited by Dingu; Jul 26 2013 at 05:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    374
    Why would creeps be interested in this?

    Creeps goal is to kill NPCs while freeps goal is to kill creeps. Erhm ...
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

    Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanra View Post
    Why would creeps be interested in this?

    Creeps goal is to kill NPCs while freeps goal is to kill creeps. Erhm ...
    And who would be protecting the NPC's ? Right.. Freeps.. so the only way to get to the NPC's is : kill Freeps.

    Dingu

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingu View Post
    I'm just not ready to give up -- I've seen people like BD come and go -- when they get bored of playing out their bigheadedness.
    I assumed the same when they were founded some two years ago. They're as present as they ever were. Kids don't get tired of spending money to inflate their egos.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    450
    I think this is a spiffing idea , " walk into my parlour " said the spider to the fly

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    I think this is a spiffing idea , " walk into my parlour " said the spider to the fly
    Said the Burglar to the Spider.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  12. #12
    Maybe flip it and have freeps attack Grothum instead make it more interesting by not allowing them to kill creeps they must concentrate 100% on the mission ;-P
    Leader of [url=http://hopeandglory.eu]Hope & Glory[/url] LOTRO Division

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload