We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I'm trying to prove them wrong.
    If you really want to be proactive in the matter, there's a couple of things that can be done:

- Put the signature rules on the actual signature page.
    - Add some code that automatically resizes signatures.
    - Help promote (in your signature, in the sticky, on the sig page, whatever) players' endeavours to provide people with rules-compliant custom signatures, such as the awesome sig generator here or my request-a-sig thread.

In the meantime, the trying mostly consists in hoping the problem magically solves itself.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmo View Post
    Yes that will work. Won't be dynamic tho But it will load faster if nothing else.
    lol, well I do not know anything about how these things work, and obviously I do not want to do anything to cause any issues on the forums- So, while I have a sig that I made with your generator that I like ( a lot).. I will wait until I know for sure that it will not cause any issues before I attempt to actually apply it

Thank you again for this generator, it is very easy to use and I think the different patterns fit quite nicely with the lord of the rings theme.
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Taravith View Post

They don't need to, it's a built in feature of VBulletin.

Admin CP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager

Edit the selected usergroup and you can limit the size of signature images (amongst others) there.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

For the troubles GuildPortal users:
    I found out what makes the difference on our accounts. U are on an American LotRO server and have enabled LotRO integration on GP. Now I thought that the data from LotRO would be discontinued. Could someone with actual knowledge on this matter clarify pls?

If this service is (or is going to be) shut down; it's a simple matter of disabling this on ur GP sites.
    If not; It would make more sense I made an option for the signature generator to grab it's data from LotRO directly for the characters which can be found there.

Going to try search the forum for info about this.

Edit: U can easily turn the LotRO integration feature of while grabbing the CharacterID. And then turn it back on. That is, if u are admin of ur site, or can get hold of one and make him do it. Turned out this doesn't work.

PS. We need a [S][/S] strikethrough BBCode pls

Works perfectly! Thank you for your time and effort Kalmo.

EDIT: Yea missed your edit. If you turn Integration back on the Sig does not work.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

/derail

PS. We need a [S][/S] strikethrough BBCode pls
    YES, yes we do! I just spent about 15 minutes earlier looking for how I could do it and I don't think it's possible at present.

Now, back to the discussion at hand....
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

I finally got a chance to play around with your sig generator and I must say... Incredibly awesome job! I hope folks follow the rules so that your sig generator continues to be used.
    "I think we can all agree that more options for everyone is always a positive thing." --Sapience

Wonderful tool. Thanks!
    [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic]~In serving each other we become free~[/FONT][/SIZE]

Thumbs up

Great job on this sig generator! I might switch to it instead of using siglaunch.
    [LEFT][IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v5SYjps_xD4/UgLOIJtQ0KI/AAAAAAAAVKc/hZxOQMDkoP4/s800/sig-lotro3.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by mqb View Post
    Great job on this sig generator! I might switch to it instead of using siglaunch.
    The SigLaunch one you're currently using is larger than allowed, according to the Turbine guidelines. Switching to Kalmö's will keep you out of trouble!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltic View Post
    Well, since there is no auto signature - i will use my handmade picture-signatur

I like the unique Charpic

Cu on maiar

You are permitted ONE image. Please choose which one you wish to keep.

AWESOME job, sir! Thank you very much! Plenty of choices, nice taste, and it works like a charm.

Sorry for pointing it out, but I think you actually should do that asap, since your signature is way too big for the rules

Yes, thank you for this. I was able to get my signature just the way I wanted it.

Here's a tip for folks who want to use it though: if you upload your image to your Picasa gallery and then link to it, it will make your image too big. You need to *save* it to Picasa from the desktop program directly in order to avoid this.
    [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N0YORWKgbns/UgFK3Qg2w7I/AAAAAAAAAyM/Z5vo13vE56g/w350-h120-no/AerlinnethBanner.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/11644]Aerlinneth's Page[/url] [color=#66CDAA]at The Laurelin Archives[/color]

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Sorry, Sapience, but it seems there are some that are determined to make you wrong.

I've never been able to understand why it is that people are unable to read and follow rules even when they've been linked over and over in this topic alone.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alcaniel View Post
    The SigLaunch one you're currently using is larger than allowed, according to the Turbine guidelines. Switching to Kalmö's will keep you out of trouble!
    Thanks for the heads up, Alcaniel. I thought the siglaunch ones looked a little big, but I never got a chance to check the dimensions. Anyway, I generated one, and am using that instead. Just wish it was able to link to data.lotro.com to dynamically pull the level into the image.
    [LEFT][IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v5SYjps_xD4/UgLOIJtQ0KI/AAAAAAAAVKc/hZxOQMDkoP4/s800/sig-lotro3.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT]

Just wish it was able to link to data.lotro.com to dynamically pull the level into the image.
    I wish so too. Would make it so much easier for me. But sadly that service will be discontinued So not much point making a script for that. Or else I would have launched the generator with that option.

But I'm happy that I at least could help u get a new sig

Thanks for creating the signature generator, Kalmo. I had fun playing with it. Nice amount of options!

And thanks, Sapience, for giving us a chance to use custom signatures. I will keep my fingers crossed that they will stick around.

Updated the generator with new images:

3 frames
    8 bars
    71 backgrounds

Enjoy

I still have a few uncolored fabric textures, should someone be missing a specific color or color-combination.

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    Thank you so much
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." ~ Carl Sagan

Love you Kalmo! Thanks!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc411/OrangeBlossom_/SignatureLaurelin_1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

A new batch of images is available.

Frames: 15
    Backgrounds: 12

The new frame 14 (with a water lily) is The Mirror of Galadriel, in case any should be wondering.

I never got around to say thanks to all the nice comments here. Been pushing too many pixels around I think It's really great to make something and then seeing it being put to good use.

Big thanks all.

Wynniekins is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Flurgaburburhobbit
    Thank you very much for this, Kalmo Love my new sig
    Landroval
    Isquariel ~ lvl 105 Rune-keeper / Ithilielle ~ lvl 105 Minstrel

Cool

Mange Tak, Kalmo!
    My first attempt might be a little too busy, so I might change it later, but I'm glad to have it. Much appreciated!
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Question

I made mine and really liked it... BUT it doesn't seem to work when I paste the code in my signature... How does this work??

was fun making the signature, and a lot of work, getting my character photo uploaded on a photo website as a url to make the signature, but in the end, the code does nothing when pasted on lotro forums or on guild launch forums in the signature editor. Also tried pasting the code back on the original website in the decode box, for earlier signatures you had made and wanted to edit, and it did nothing. Very sad and a lot of wasted time. oh well. Tried the Sig Launch and that one worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DisguisedMadness View Post
    I made mine and really liked it... BUT it doesn't seem to work when I paste the code in my signature... How does this work??
    Quote Originally Posted by lalula View Post
    was fun making the signature, and a lot of work, getting my character photo uploaded on a photo website as a url to make the signature, but in the end, the code does nothing when pasted on lotro forums or on guild launch forums in the signature editor. Also tried pasting the code back on the original website in the decode box, for earlier signatures you had made and wanted to edit, and it did nothing. Very sad and a lot of wasted time. oh well. Tried the Sig Launch and that one worked fine.
    I guess u both got one thing wrong. But it depends on which option u chose for Data Source. I assume u both used None. If not pls correct me.

As it says in 2nd paragraph on the page "you will have to save the image and upload it to a server of your choice." And under the final image in big blue letters: "Right-click the above image and save it to your computer." So in this case the code is only to edit it later. And not to be used as a signature itself. The Dynamic version is sadly only for GuildPortal. I might look into see if it's possible to add Guild Launch to the list. But no promises. I don't even know if it's possible.

The decode option do definitely work. Yes there of course could be a bug in it, I know. And if u can't get it to work after this. Pls paste ur code here so I can test it myself. I was thinking; how could this go wrong. And realised that I forgot to make it react to the Enter key on ur keyboard. So as it is now, u have to click the Decode key with ur mouse. It's next to the input box. I will try find time to fix this tomorrow.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast