We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    Then why don't you turn on the feature built into VB that allows the user to disable seeing images in signatures and so forth? That way those with low bandwidth issues can CHOOSE without it punishing other people.

Oh wait ... it's already turned on ... Forum Actions >> General Settings >> Scroll down to Thread display Options .. there are three options there 1. Show signatures, 2. Show Avatars and 3. Show Images. If people really do have issues with bandwidtht hey can just turn these options off.

You're trying to enforce arbitrary rules on people when they're not needed because the software you are using has ways to overcome these issues built in.
    For the same reason "Turn on the profanity filter" isn't an answer.

Well, since there is no auto signature - i will use my handmade picture-signatur

I like the unique Charpic

Cu on maiar

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic View Post
    Well, since there is no auto signature - i will use my handmade picture-signatur
    Sry to say this. But u may not have two images in ur signature. Just pointing this our before Sapience do

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-in-signatures

Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    Some feedback regarding the fonts and style of lettering in that generator: It would be nice if some sleeker, cleaner fonts were added as a choice, the choice to not have the lettering in bold and also I don't think lettering needs a black outline around it *and* a drop shadow. The text comes across as harsh, quite heavy and a bit dated imo. Kudos to all the choices you gave people regarding the background images, especially with making them very LOTROy.
    I feel I did add some pretty clean fonts as well. It can't get much cleaner than Tahoma And not all fonts are bold. But if u can point to a free font which style u feel is missing, u can always try to request having it added. Might happen if I like it.

I can agree that the design of the signature is a bit old-looking. That was an artistic choice of mine, which I felt suited the game. And as I wanted to keep it simple enough to not overwhelm those that just wanted to make a fast signature, I didn't add more features than what I felt was really needed.

They are very LotROy because most of the graphics used are made from game textures Tho, quite a bit of work went into repainting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmo View Post
    It is explained below the generator itself. Just scroll down a bit. If u find it unclear, then pls ask again.

And notice that the CharacterID is for GuildPortal characters only at this time.
    I'm not getting a CharacterID. I get GuildID, TabID, then it goes to Acct which is all text not numbers.

Tried logged in and logged out on all toons, same for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedachtnis View Post
    I'm not getting a CharacterID. I get GuildID, TabID, then it goes to Acct which is all text not numbers.

Tried logged in and logged out on all toons, same for all.
    U need to go to the page where it shows the data for ur toon. Then the CharacterID will be there. U have clearly found the URL line where it is found at least. Just go to ur kinships Rooster page and click the toons name. Hmm, maybe u are not in a kinship? In which case I don't know of a way to find the number.

I don't understand "logged in and logged out on all toons". All ur toons should be on the same account. And login in and out won't help anyway.

U need to go to the page where it shows the data for ur toon. Then the CharacterID will be there. U have clearly found the URL line where it is found at least. Just go to ur kinships Rooster page and click the toons name. Hmm, maybe u are not in a kinship? In which case I don't know of a way to find the number.

I don't understand "logged in and logged out on all toons". All ur toons should be on the same account. And login in and out won't help anyway.
    I'm the kin leader so I hope I'm in it

I did click the toons name and am on the data page.

I tried both logged in and logged out, I checked all of my toons in both states to see if I got a different result which would give me the CharacterID.

The only thing I can think of is, do subscribed GP accounts display the url differently than non subscribed?

The only thing I can think of is, do subscribed GP accounts display the url differently than non subscribed?
    I can't imagine this to be the case. Especially since u can't really subscribe an account. Only the kinship/guild page. As far as I know.

I would love to help u with this, as it might be a problem for other users. If u want, u can maybe pass on the url for ur kin page. So I can see it for myself. Either here or in a pm. Tho if u are hiding the Rooster page for non-members it won't do much good. Which btw doesn't change the ability to snoop the data.

I'm curious to try this out, but I cannot get the CharacterID to show either. I log in to guildportal, click the roster link up top, click a toon's name, which takes me to a page showing their equipment and stats. The url looks like this:

.....goldensword.guildportal.c om/Guild.aspx?GuildId=382684&TabI D=3222514&Act=vLotroToon&toonN ame=Seeley

Quote Originally Posted by Ecsmyth View Post
    I'm curious to try this out, but I cannot get the CharacterID to show either. I log in to guildportal, click the roster link up top, click a toon's name, which takes me to a page showing their equipment and stats.
    No wonder u two are confused. So am I. This doesn't look much like what I see on our page. On the Rooster page we have a few more columns with Race and Profession. On the other hand on the toon view u have a lot of stats displayed. Except LotRO server and a few other things like medals and bio. We don't even have access to add such stats. Could it be that u have added a mod for this through the Control Panel?

I will have to look into this. At this point I can't explain why our pages behaves so differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecsmyth View Post
    I'm curious to try this out, but I cannot get the CharacterID to show either. I log in to guildportal, click the roster link up top, click a toon's name, which takes me to a page showing their equipment and stats. The url looks like this:

.....goldensword.guildportal.c om/Guild.aspx?GuildId=382684&TabI D=3222514&Act=vLotroToon&toonN ame=Seeley
    Yea, that's what mine shows, except with my info

Sadly not But since u are kin-leader u might have a chance to tell if u use a mod on ur site that change ur roster.

I tried making a new site to experiment on. But haven't been able to figure out what to change to make it look like urs... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    So you agree with me then?

We're not children, we don't need hand holding and over the top rules, managing our bandwidth is our responsibility not yours, if we have bandwidth issues we will choose to use the options available. That's the whole point, options, you're restricting everyones options for the sake of a minority.

P.S: I do agree they should be restricted, but nowhere near the amount you are restricting them.
    Last edited by Edrogar; Aug 06 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Sadly not But since u are kin-leader u might have a chance to tell if u use a mod on ur site that change ur roster.

I tried making a new site to experiment on. But haven't been able to figure out what to change to make it look like urs... yet.
    No mods or custom scripts. Really basic default set up. I honestly can't think of anything that wouldn't be the same.

I updated the generator with the option to have no class image. It was requested and can truly be needed in cases of long names and such in the limited space available.

No mods or custom scripts. Really basic default set up. I honestly can't think of anything that wouldn't be the same.
    Thx for the reply. At least I then know where not to look. I will do some more research tomorrow.

I'm with you on the signatures. The dimensions are nice, not to small, and the file size really isn't all that restrictive.

For the troubles GuildPortal users:
    I found out what makes the difference on our accounts. U are on an American LotRO server and have enabled LotRO integration on GP. Now I thought that the data from LotRO would be discontinued. Could someone with actual knowledge on this matter clarify pls?

If this service is (or is going to be) shut down; it's a simple matter of disabling this on ur GP sites.
    If not; It would make more sense I made an option for the signature generator to grab it's data from LotRO directly for the characters which can be found there.

Going to try search the forum for info about this.

Edit: U can easily turn the LotRO integration feature of while grabbing the CharacterID. And then turn it back on. That is, if u are admin of ur site, or can get hold of one and make him do it. Turned out this doesn't work.

PS. We need a [S][/S] strikethrough BBCode pls
    Last edited by Kalmo; Aug 07 2013 at 12:45 PM.

My question is if the forum team was so concerned about people going crazy with adding signatures that were too big etc, then why not just provide the old pre-made signatures that we used to use? Those could be made smaller if they are now too big for the new forum.

I'm just curious as to why we used to have all these features like mylotro, ready made sigs etc and now we have much less than we used to.
    Elendilmir forever!

I tried disabling the integration, I am still getting an "unknown character ID" error.

I want to thank you for making this generator, and as soon as we can make sure it works for everyone, and that it is definitely within the forum guidelines, I will share it with my kinmates
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by bigred0727 View Post
    My question is if the forum team was so concerned about people going crazy with adding signatures that were too big etc, then why not just provide the old pre-made signatures that we used to use? Those could be made smaller if they are now too big for the new forum.

I'm just curious as to why we used to have all these features like mylotro, ready made sigs etc and now we have much less than we used to.
    A possible simple answer would be: Bandwidth and cost of maintaining the system.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred0727 View Post

The team was discontinuing a feature that made the signature creator possible. So to make new signatures meant making a new version of the thing they were getting rid of (because it performed poorly and would require a change to the game engine to fix and improve) and then making a new signature tool. None of which was on the table. So no signatures at all was the decision.

I decided players should have some kind of image and was told I was going to have to shut it off in two weeks becaue players wouldn't follow rules. I'm trying to prove them wrong. The very simple reality here is either they're going to be right or I am and it's 100% up to players which it is.

Okies... I went and tried again, and did not select guild portal as a data source, I left it at "none". It worked.
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

I found this after searching the forums:
    The data will still be there for some time, but it will not be supported or updated and will eventually be disabled. So anything, in terms of third party apps, that work now will continue to work as they do now until such time as it's finally disabled completely.
    This means that I'm not going to make a script that can gather these data as it will be obsolete in the (near) future. Also mean that GP user eventually will have to disable their LotRO integration. My guess is that the option will simply be removed from GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrayne View Post
    I tried disabling the integration, I am still getting an "unknown character ID" error.

I want to thank you for making this generator, and as soon as we can make sure it works for everyone, and that it is definitely within the forum guidelines, I will share it with my kinmates
    On the GP test site I made, I made a test-character which I added to the "kin". He then of course showed up on the roster. Then after enabling the LotRO integration and setting the kin-name to a random selected kin I knew existed, the roster showed all members of that kin. But NOT my Test-character. That hints to me that maybe u don't have any "hand-made" character. All ur characters are pulled from the LotRO data. And thus it maybe doesn't exist as a character with an ID on GP. So it seams that temporarily turning off the integration might not be a possible solution.

I think I dare say that the signature made with the generator is within the requirements for this forum. Both in dimensions (350 x 120) and file-size (25-35 KB).

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrayne View Post
    Okies... I went and tried again, and did not select guild portal as a data source, I left it at "none". It worked.
    Yes that will work. Won't be dynamic tho But it will load faster if nothing else.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast