We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Probable Reason Why Turbine hasn't been focusing on LOTRO PvP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdxypDOnmpk

Hmmmm, a MOBA pvp based game... No wonder Turbine/WB hasn't focused much on pvp in lotro (yes, I understand this is mainly a pve game, but still after 6 years, it's still a moot point).

Thoughts? I just heard about this, though.

Looks like a ripoff of LoL/DoTA with super heroes.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 05 2013 at 01:31 AM.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

Old news. LoL still going to be way better. So maybe if that game fails hard enough they'll refocus their resources into lotro.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000db067/signature.png]Krillinun[/charsig]
    Crusada Reaver R10*Hawkfood LM R10*Grandhustla Blackarrow R8*Belarnun Weaver R7*

I'm not following the point of this thread. PVP is still very alive on Gladden. Are you two trying to make a point that it isnt?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I'm not following the point of this thread. PVP is still very alive on Gladden. Are you two trying to make a point that it isnt?
    Neither did claim that there is no PVP happening. Read the subject again: "..reason why turbine hasnt been focusing on lotro PVP"

Unfortunately, a large amount of the action lately can be found in the delving, flipping any/all of the delving bosses (hooray for pve), then comes the gta farm fest.

It's really quite disappointing considering the potential that still exists.

Vin, remember 1vs when we'd make a point to back off before the kb, especially if it wasn't gonna be a close fight?

Not so anymore. It's all about the points. More points. And yet more points.

E I E I O.................

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Having PvP be "alive" and having it be "good" are 2 different things, though sometimes they coincide of course. If you think the pvp is good in this game as of right now, then you have a skewed view of good pvp, and we all know this pvp is far from where it should be potential-wise. Just because you settled for this doesn't mean others have/will.

My point is, obviously they could have put more time into this pvp (read my original post disclaimer), but it clearly shows that they don't have much intent if any with doing much with this pvp due to what they are doing with this other game, which ticked me off a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by babaju2 View Post
    Old news. LoL still going to be way better. So maybe if that game fails hard enough they'll refocus their resources into lotro.
    I highly doubt that from what they have done in 6 years, but who knows. I think LoL sux, but this will probably suck harder considering the company who is working on it.

They even stated they aren't going to invest any time into pvp until halfway through Helm's Deep. ^This possibly a reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenuke View Post
    Neither did claim that there is no PVP happening. Read the subject again: "..reason why turbine hasnt been focusing on lotro PVP"
    ^Yes, this. Thank you for pointing that out. I haven't been playing this game to know the exact action-level of what's happening, but it doesn't mean it's good pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Unfortunately, a large amount of the action lately can be found in the delving, flipping any/all of the delving bosses (hooray for pve), then comes the gta farm fest.

Vin, remember 1vs when we'd make a point to back off before the kb, especially if it wasn't gonna be a close fight?

I do remember that Alth. This goes back to my point as well of pvp being "alive" not necessarily equaling being "good", but like I said, they can coincide, but not in this particular expac.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 05 2013 at 02:48 PM.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

I don't have anything to complain about against the current action. You can still get loads of renown/infamy/commies if you do your stuff right and that is what matters.
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post

Like I asked the other night, do you leave the moors when you notice you have the Delving buffs? Or do you continue on to various quest locations and blow up noob creeps? For example standing up on a rock at Gollavol, waiting. A fight you know you'll win unless you jump down and RNG is not on your side, rofl. That isn't farming?
    [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/midorinotori/signature2_zps1b4487ac.jpg[/IMG]

Not to be rude Althorr, but you use tons of store buffs. That's farming too, since it gives you an unfair advantage. Personally, i don't care about buffs, but i felt that i should point that out.

Since there are two identical threads on this topic, let's keep the one in Monster Play open and let this one be closed.