We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

A Probable Reason Why Turbine hasn't been focusing on LOTRO PvP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdxypDOnmpk

Hmmmm, a MOBA pvp based game... No wonder Turbine/WB hasn't focused much on pvp in lotro (yes, I understand this is mainly a pve game, but still after 6 years, its still a moot point).

Thoughts? I just heard about this, though.

Looks like a ripoff of LoL/DoTA with super heroes.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 05 2013 at 01:32 AM.

Oh dear. They can't even balance Lotro pvp correctly (infact they're so hilariously inept that it can't get much worse) and they want to try and put out a game where its entire core is the careful balancing of characters and mechanics. Turbine will have a rude awakening if they think they can get away with flat-out ignoring the fans of a moba game like they do with Lotro.

i got $5 on green lantern being then new rk, and aqua-man being current moors guardians
    crygin-R11 Warleader, dwarrowdelf

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkor View Post
    Oh dear. They can't even balance Lotro pvp correctly (infact they're so hilariously inept that it can't get much worse) and they want to try and put out a game where its entire core is the careful balancing of characters and mechanics. Turbine will have a rude awakening if they think they can get away with flat-out ignoring the fans of a moba game like they do with Lotro.
    It's not the fact they are making this game, I don't mind that, but it's the fact they are making this game when they have been completely shoving off and haven't been investing as much time as they should with any pvp aspects of lotro is what ticks me off. I even called for a MOBA when it came to making a 1v1 arena in a post way back, where you could 1v1 people without renown/infamy coming into play.

Quote Originally Posted by msr View Post
    i got $5 on green lantern being then new rk, and aqua-man being current moors guardians
    ^This.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 05 2013 at 02:55 PM.

People are escalating their complaints now to WB on their FB page about the Moors.

Can't say I blame them - WB owns Turbine & if the Moors fans aren't happy &
    Turbine isn't giving answers - you go to big WB.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c031c/01006/signature.png]Ridka[/charsig]

Thoughts?
    Yes, this is another opportunity to whine about turbine when the blame for lack of investment in PvP is lack of players. Sapience pretty much came out and said so on the forums (im not going to dig up the quote, its there though). I would never advise a client to invest resources into an aspect of their business that dosent generate a large amount of income. I would use the measure's at my disposal to make that call, and I assume at turbine its based on % of players demanding the pvp product. I obviously don't have access to their books, but it dosent take a rocket scientist to figure out they are squeezing revenue from the IP. The store offerings and sales are pretty indicative of what the customer base is demanding to consume, and its not often you see creep maps and skills on sale. The LOTRO player base simply dosent consume the PvP offering on a large enough scale to merit investment, its very simple.