We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Error in launcher. Stuck on installing pre-reqs.

Here is my error I get in the launcher when it gets stuck at installing pre-reqs.

Code:
    2013.08.04 19:02:57[W] Object::connect: No such signal QCheckBox::returnPressed()
    2013.08.04 19:02:57[W] Object::connect:  (sender name:   'checkEnterLastPlayed')
    2013.08.04 19:02:57[W] Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'loginButton')
    2013.08.04 19:02:57[W]  
    2013.08.04 19:02:57[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key:  "enabletransmogrify" .  Returning null string.

2013.08.04 19:02:58[W]  
    2013.08.04 19:02:58[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key:  "url.newaccount" .  Returning null string.

2013.08.04 19:02:58[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key:  "url.forgotpassword" .  Returning null string.

2013.08.04 19:02:58[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key:  "url.newaccount" .  Returning null string.

2013.08.04 19:02:58[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key:  "url.forgotpassword" .  Returning null string.

Thumbs down I am stuck on "Installing Pre-Reqs" too!

I can't get past "Installing Pre-Reqs" either. The buttons to go to Support, Community, or Account don't do anything either.

Haven't been able to log in for over a day now. I noticed on the LOTRO Facebook page that some people were still having log-in issues & they asked for where people were located in RL. Not sure how that would matter unless the servers are only communicating w/ certain ISP's. I use Comcast & I'm in the midwest currently. Not sure how that will help, but I'd love to get back on & finish the quests for the festival & not miss out on Hobbit Presents that are going unused... :-( I hope the festival will get extended because of this, but I'm not holding my breath for anything that gracious, but will be pleasantly surprised if such kindness is bestowed. :-)

Did they fire all the tech support people? Seems like with this error log should be a no brainer to at least see whats wrong.

still a problem

Im having trouble with this now, in late august. Was this fixed??? I tried rebooting my computer a few times. Everything was working fine yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Malendil View Post
    Im having trouble with this now, in late august. Was this fixed??? I tried rebooting my computer a few times. Everything was working fine yesterday.
    Click on the arrow next to the cross on the launcher and then choose options. Click on the retrieve updates automatically and then its fixed.

game load and update stuck on "installing pre-reqs" for 1/23/14 update

game load and update stuck on "installing pre-reqs" for 1/23/14 update

I'm having the same problem

what needs to be done to repair this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by eglocc View Post
    Click on the arrow next to the cross on the launcher and then choose options. Click on the retrieve updates automatically and then its fixed.
    I triedd that and its still not working, still stuck

I had that problem several times before on other updates.

Solution: (may vary on others than Win7, 64bit)

1. Go to folder C:\ProgramData
    2. Click the folder Turbine with right-mouse button.
    3. Select Properties. Disable the write-protection. Click Accept. Don't close the little window afterwards!!
    (or the write-protection will be automatically enabled again)
    4. Start the Lotro Client. Viola!

Quote Originally Posted by Punchingbag1 View Post
    what needs to be done to repair this problem?
    When I set the auto update and turned off the proxy it worked again
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Everyone has a right to be stupid; some people just abuse the privilege.”

I did that after my first reboot of the launcher. Strangely it didn't fix it that time, but when I went back, and after I set the proxy choice to 'off', it wasn't on the 1/day Automatic Update setting I had just set it to. I changed it to 1/hour and now the error is fixed. Odd bug.

Stuck on Pre-Reqs

I just logged off and tried to log and had this problem. My wife did also.

Fixed by going to options and checking box next to "Retrieve updates automatically"

Really weird that it did that to both of us. My wife was on a MAC client and I was on Windows. She switched over to Windows, we didn't even try looking for a fix for IMAC.

I too have this problem...

After installing the latest update my launcher is now stuck on 'installing pre-reqs', which has happened to be before earlier in the year when I installed an update. Last time I switched to 'no proxy' and the problem was fixed. This time I have ticked the box for 'retrieve updates automatically' and still nothing is happening. I haven't played for a couple of months.

I would love for some advice or a solution to this problem.
    Thank you

I just had this too. I tried everything in this thread.

I solved it by redoing my firewall rules for lotroclient.exe and lotrolauncher.exe . If you use the invoker, do that one too lotroinvoker.exe

Sometimes my firewall gets stubborn when a file changes, and i have to redo the rules. It refuses pie!
    HAVE FUN !!!!!

Talking This works!

This fixed it for me - after changing the option and restarting the launcher it works! Thank you!