We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO Flashboost

With the Lorebook now gathering dust in a back room of some Scholars Study how can one access (ie download) the LOTRO Flashboost program?

Anyone know?

Is this still even relevant to use for running the game from a flashdrive?
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

I'd like to know also

Quote Originally Posted by Grhysli View Post
    With the Lorebook now gathering dust in a back room of some Scholars Study how can one access (ie download) the LOTRO Flashboost program?

Anyone know?

I'm interested in this also. Thanks

I would simply skip the usb key and get a SSD to hold the game.

But if I remmeber all the tool did was copy the big asset files from the lotro directory to the key and made shortcuts back to the HD dirrectory where they came from.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001b4ac9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Usb 3.0?

I'm curious to know how the game would run with a full install on USB 3.0.

This would be a great time for one of you folks who said the wiki is better to chime in with the wiki link to this....

There is one, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zariarn View Post
    I'm curious to know how the game would run with a full install on USB 3.0.
    It runs pretty much the same as if it were installed on a normal hard drive, not too much of a difference and something i had no problem playing. I really have the majority of my games installed on a usb 3.0 drive and can play them all just fine but SDD drive far surpasses all in loading times. But given the high price for smaller storage space 10-15GB is a lot of space to take up.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

http://heroesoflegend.com.ar/LOTRO_F..._Installer.zip

I'm starting to doubt that there was a page on the Lorebook. Google has a ton of the Lorebook cached, but not this page. Has the Talk page cached, of course.
    Last edited by TinDragon; Aug 16 2013 at 06:43 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Aug 16 2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GozmitJosh View Post
    It runs pretty much the same as if it were installed on a normal hard drive, not too much of a difference and something i had no problem playing. I really have the majority of my games installed on a usb 3.0 drive and can play them all just fine but SDD drive far surpasses all in loading times. But given the high price for smaller storage space 10-15GB is a lot of space to take up.

My game runs better on USB versus a regular harddrive. I'm curious if the speeds of USB 3.0 would show an improvement over USB 2.0. I can spend $20 and get a decent USB 3.0 drive. I don't see the need to buy a much more expensive SSD for just one MMO.

Lightbulb Download the latest version

Quote Originally Posted by Grhysli View Post

Anyone know?

It is a pity that the Lorebook is no more

Here are the links to Download the latest version of LOTRO FlashBoost:

LOTRO FlashBoost 1

LOTRO FlashBoost 2 Beta II

I've tried to find a cached version of the Lorebook page but I couldn't :'(

Enhance Your Gaming Experience, try LOTRO FlashBoost - LOTRO DefragSuite!

I never knew such a program existed until now. I just put the whole client on a 32GB flash drive last week and it runs at like a 400% loading speed improvement. Character loads at max level went from 5-10 mins + to about 30 to 45 seconds, with a 12 second load time for subsequent lower level toons after the first toon has been logged in.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    I never knew such a program existed until now. I just put the whole client on a 32GB flash drive last week and it runs at like a 400% loading speed improvement. Character loads at max level went from 5-10 mins + to about 30 to 45 seconds, with a 12 second load time for subsequent lower level toons after the first toon has been logged in.

What in the world could cause a USB drive to improve login speed that much? I'm still stuck at the 5-10 minute logins on a 2 year old Windows 7 laptop... Maybe once I have a little money again I should look into getting a USB drive to try this out (or resurrect a currently unused one? lol)
    Gimli's First Law of "Let's go!"

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elym View Post
    What in the world could cause a USB drive to improve login speed that much? I'm still stuck at the 5-10 minute logins on a 2 year old Windows 7 laptop... Maybe once I have a little money again I should look into getting a USB drive to try this out (or resurrect a currently unused one? lol)
    The fact that for mechanical drives, random access transfer rates are about two orders of magnitude lower than linear access ones, while for flash based drives the difference isn't nearly as dramatic.
    But be aware that there are huge speed differences among USB flash drives...

I'm assuming that USB 3.0 is faster than 2.0 (assuming also that you have a USB 3.0 port to plug it into.)
    Gimli's First Law of "Let's go!"

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Anyone running Flashboost off of a RAMdisk? I'm curious how large of a RAMdisk I'd need. I have 16 gig, so I have RAM to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Brom_Ironfist View Post
    Anyone running Flashboost off of a RAMdisk? I'm curious how large of a RAMdisk I'd need. I have 16 gig, so I have RAM to spare.
    You would need like 32 gigs, they game is like 15 gigs alone, RAMDISK would be much faster then anything, I have an SSD but I also use FancyCashe for reads and writes(places some data on the ram)

Sorry to necro this thread but have a question... Will this program work only on the USB stick type drives or can I use a 32gig flah card like I would use in my camera, The reason I ask is because I have a flash drive reader but am currently out of USB slots
    Welcome to Maitenance Mode
    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

And when the Devs make fun of how buggy it is in Bingo that should tell you something
    Peace Love and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread but have a question... Will this program work only on the USB stick type drives or can I use a 32gig flah card like I would use in my camera, The reason I ask is because I have a flash drive reader but am currently out of USB slots
    Yes, you can use a flash card but them are slower than a USB Stick. You can use the software HD Tune to test the read speed of the card, it should be higher than 10MB/s at least... my recomendation is 20MB/s or higher.
    Also take in count that the Write Speed tend to be slower, so the first setup of LOTRO FlashBoost could take a while.

For those that don't know about LOTRO FlashBoost here is a link of a cached version of the Lorebook Page.

http://web.archive.org/web/201306010...TRO_FlashBoost

And here are the links to Download the latest version of LOTRO FlashBoost:

LOTRO FlashBoost 1

LOTRO FlashBoost 2 Beta II

A FAQ Update:

How much space is required in the Flash/RAM drive?
    Space required for Update 13 - The Breaking of Isengard:

• Low-res client: 6GB+
    • High-res client: 8GB+

Which operating systems are supported?
    It is supported by Windows Vista/7/8 (x32/x64)
    Last edited by Paulino; May 03 2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Space required fix

Quote Originally Posted by Paulino View Post
    A FAQ Update:

How much space is required in the Flash/RAM drive?
    Space required for Update 13 - The Breaking of Isengard:

• Low-res client: 4Gb+
    • High-res client: 6Gb+

Which operating systems are supported?
    It is supported by Windows Vista/7/8 (x32/x64)
    How did you come up with the 4 GB and 6 GB figures. My high resolution Lotro install is 18.5 GBs.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    How did you come up with the 4 GB and 6 GB figures. My high resolution Lotro install is 18.5 GBs.
    It's how work LOTRO FlashBoost.

How does it work?

It copies some of the game client files to a Flash/RAM Drive, then a symbolic link is created between the game client and the Flash/RAM Drive. When the game tries to access those files, Windows will redirect the petition to the Flash/RAM Drive thus improving the access time to those files and saving battery in Notebooks!

LOTRO FlashBoost will copy the next files:

SD Client: client_mesh.dat and client_surface.dat (also client_surface_aux_1.dat but it isn't in the current version of LOTRO FlashBoost 1) = 5.57GB
    HD Client: client_mesh.dat and client_highres.dat (also client_highres_aux_1.dat but it isn't in the current version of LOTRO FlashBoost 1) = 7.40GB

LOTRO FlashBoost 2 copy extra files (client_sound.dat, client_general.dat, client_gamelogic.dat) in a different drive to improve bandwidth. Remember that LOTRO FlashBoost 2 is in Beta II, works fine but there are some consistency check that are not set yet (what happen if there is a client update while the boost is on? what happen if the drive is removed?...).

Anyway when you run LOTRO FlashBoost 1 or 2 it will tell you if you need more space or not in your flash drive.
    Last edited by Paulino; May 03 2014 at 04:02 PM.