We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    A Possible Simple Solution ?????

    We are all fed up with Bots and Clubbers ruining the achievements and gameplay of honest PvP`ers, the problems are as follows

    bots..... a char with 1 or more other chars on follow with healing/dps skills macro`d, the player is only controlling 1 char and other chars are automated.

    clubbers.....A Freep killing Freevers over and over to gain PvP rewards.

    My simple solution.....disable the command `follow` in ettenmoors, this will mean bots cant be auto following the main char, and ppl cant use teams of Freevers following 1 char to a clubbing point.

    I know this solution isn't perfect, but I feel its a step in the right direction, it will make clubbing and Botting far more difficult and possibly put people off, after all the whole idea of clubbing and Botting is to gain rank/Rewards in an easy way.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,892
    Clubbing makes me think Canadians. You have a problem with them, eh?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    turbine has to fix it, its that simple. In reading Sapience's posts over the last few months that prospect dosent look promising. Your solution isn't promising either, essentially you want to eliminate a function for all players to address the action of a minority. Im opposed to any action that affects the 95% who don't farm to make farming harder (wont eliminate it) for the other 5%.

  4. #4
    They would have to think it is broken before trying to fix it.

    I tried to get a clarification on what the 'misuses' of multiboxing were and could not get any information. So I'm not sure if they think the 21 freevers guy is misusing or the rank farmers are misusing or if the 'misuses' was referring to some other action.

    The lack of discourse would seem to point toward 'fixing' this being a low priority at best (as with most things in the Moors).
    Leafblade, Captain
    [IMG]http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/70969104/2532739[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    225
    It has it's logic. I found an LM standing in an odd location only yesterday so I waited a moment and sure enough, up comes a red-dot WL with a freaver named 'Commendations' on follow... From the looks of it, the two creep toons were evidently controlled by the LM, as the LM hadn't moved while they travelled there, and then they didn't move while the LM killed them.

    No challenge. No glory. Just levelling. Just boring. The LM will no doubt expect posts congratulating them on levelling.

    /applause (not) [and yes, I took a screen shot; should any Dev or game moderator wish to contact me I will happily supply it]

    If there'd been no follow, it'd be even more boring for the farmer. But Thorgrum's principle applies: why should the majority be penalised because of the minority?

    Thus: /not signed
    Last edited by Bootroz; Aug 06 2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Adding more waffle
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

  6. #6
    I see very few bots and clubbers and they are a small problem/annoyance overall, but I know they can spoil the play on certain servers. this would be a simple solution that may help-but turbine will never do it!
    Turbine,s "updates" and changes to the moors have changed the gameplay and the new players attracted to it.
    Rather than relying on turbine, either try to influence the server you,re on or change servers! (I remember how gilrain once was!!)

  7. #7
    I'm curious about the claim that this change would penalize 95% to address 5%. While I realize these are just simple numbers intended to make a point, the implication is that /follow is a valuable and much used tool for single-toon people in the moors. I'm not disputing that, and I have used it occasionally, I found it to not add much of any value and would never really miss it, even in PvE where I found it only slightly more valuable.

    My question then is how do single-toon people use this and what makes it so valuable to them?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    I'm curious about the claim that this change would penalize 95% to address 5%. While I realize these are just simple numbers intended to make a point, the implication is that /follow is a valuable and much used tool for single-toon people in the moors. I'm not disputing that, and I have used it occasionally, I found it to not add much of any value and would never really miss it, even in PvE where I found it only slightly more valuable.

    My question then is how do single-toon people use this and what makes it so valuable to them?
    It's not just them though. It would also prevent multi-boxing, which is completely legal if the multiple toons are all being controlled manually and not just bots.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    We are all fed up with Bots and Clubbers ruining the achievements and gameplay of honest PvP`ers, the problems are as follows

    bots..... a char with 1 or more other chars on follow with healing/dps skills macro`d, the player is only controlling 1 char and other chars are automated.

    clubbers.....A Freep killing Freevers over and over to gain PvP rewards.

    My simple solution.....disable the command `follow` in ettenmoors, this will mean bots cant be auto following the main char, and ppl cant use teams of Freevers following 1 char to a clubbing point.

    I know this solution isn't perfect, but I feel its a step in the right direction, it will make clubbing and Botting far more difficult and possibly put people off, after all the whole idea of clubbing and Botting is to gain rank/Rewards in an easy way.
    You're under the impression Turbine thinks there is anything to fix.

    Over the years, it has become clear that Turbine likes cheaters and exploiters. Not sure why, but they do. In light of that, there is nothing to fix.

    Boxers, farmers, etc, all working as intended. *thumbsup*

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    I'm curious about the claim that this change would penalize 95% to address 5%. While I realize these are just simple numbers intended to make a point, the implication is that /follow is a valuable and much used tool for single-toon people in the moors. I'm not disputing that, and I have used it occasionally, I found it to not add much of any value and would never really miss it, even in PvE where I found it only slightly more valuable.

    My question then is how do single-toon people use this and what makes it so valuable to them?
    That isn't the implication at all, that's a value you assigned in your mind. You should take the point literally and in the context of the thread.... he is asking to have /follow removed to combat clubbers and bots. I speculate that at maximum that represents 5% of the PvP player base, but lets say its 30% ( a huge stretch IMHO) why should the other 70% have a feature removed? Because you don't think it has a great value? Turbine can and should fix farmers and bots to bring credabilty to its PvP product offering IMHO, but it shouldn't do so by eliminating functionality in the game that others might use. Why should 100% of the players loose a feature because the minority are playing the game the way they desire and turbine has endorsed? PvP isn't in a very good place in lotro Ill concede that, when necklaces get KB's and rank farming is condoned you know we are on our own. Lets not give them any ideas to screw things up any more.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    124
    I don't think this is a particulaly good idea really, I certainly know friends who use /follow all the time when they put the kids to bed/make some tea etc. They arnt clubbing and they shouldn't be penalized becuase there are people who do.

    Personally I don't see why it can't be easily stopped by just making it so that all new made creeps have a rating of 0, that way there is no reward for farming them and you would have to PvP with them to get a rank making them worth something to kill...problem solved
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    [B]
    Dapple[/B] Rank 10 Warg

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload