We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Launcher frozen on "Initializing...". Can not start game

Hey to whoever can help me or give me some information,

Upon re-installing my client last night (when I was experiencing the "installing pre-reqs problem everyone had), I can no longer start the game.

When I launch the game from Steam, the launcher is frozen at "Initializing...". No matter how long I wait, this will not go away and the game won't start. I should note that when I start the game, for a fraction of a second I see the username and password boxes but then it immediately switches to the "Initializing..." screen.

I have tried re-opening steam and the launcher, updating my mac software, and restarting my mac. I read online something about changing the launcher's language but nothing changed as a result of that.

Can someone please help? Or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same exact problem, but I have not ever been able to get Lotro to work on my MBP. I downloaded the steam client as well as the official client several times over and over but no luck. I submitted a ticket if I get a response I will let you know.

Same

I am experiencing the EXACT same problem. The game has been running fine for ages on my mac, and all of a sudden I turned my computer off, turned it back on, and there was the "installing pre reqs" error. I tried to reinstall the game, and after the login screen got stuck just like before, but with the word "initializing". I submitted a ticket, so I hope the problem will be resolved. I have been trying to fix it for hours.

If anyone finds a solution to this problem, please post an update! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulK1992 View Post
    Hey to whoever can help me or give me some information,

Upon re-installing my client last night (when I was experiencing the "installing pre-reqs problem everyone had), I can no longer start the game.

When I launch the game from Steam, the launcher is frozen at "Initializing...". No matter how long I wait, this will not go away and the game won't start. I should note that when I start the game, for a fraction of a second I see the username and password boxes but then it immediately switches to the "Initializing..." screen.

I have tried re-opening steam and the launcher, updating my mac software, and restarting my mac. I read online something about changing the launcher's language but nothing changed as a result of that.

Can someone please help? Or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    This may be related to an issue that is currently effecting a lot of players. See this thread for details of connection issues;

Searching for Logon Server ... (Attempt 20 of 20)

There were, and apparently still continue to be, Internet backbone issues effecting connectivity.

Things that are beyond Turbine's control.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

Quote Originally Posted by Toddlepip View Post
    This may be related to an issue that is currently effecting a lot of players. See this thread for details of connection issues;

Searching for Logon Server ... (Attempt 20 of 20)
    Hey, thanks. My problem resolved itself after a few days (maybe something on Turbine's side.) Thank you though, maybe the link will help someone else having trouble in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Merawyn View Post
    I am experiencing the EXACT same problem. The game has been running fine for ages on my mac, and all of a sudden I turned my computer off, turned it back on, and there was the "installing pre reqs" error. I tried to reinstall the game, and after the login screen got stuck just like before, but with the word "initializing". I submitted a ticket, so I hope the problem will be resolved. I have been trying to fix it for hours.

If anyone finds a solution to this problem, please post an update! Thanks!
    Hey man. I finally escaped the "initializing..." screen! It fixed itself overnight so maybe give your client a try. If not, technical support replied and linked me to this thread:

http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...ctivity-Issues

There seems to be a lot of possible solutions. Hope everything works out