We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371

    Getting "Connection to Server has been lost" over and over

    Started last night (Aug. 3rd), and persists today. On transitions, the load screen just sits there for 2 minutes or so,
    and I get the black screen with "Connection to the Server has been lost". Then I can't get back in - get to character
    select, but first load screen never completes, and connection error again.

    Not having issues with other games, so wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

  2. #2
    Can absolutely confirm this on multiple accounts, on a variety of platforms (XP and Win7), on multiple machines (X86 and X64) and on Nimrodel, so not just one server.

    Furthermore, attempting to return to the game frequently fails at the loading screen with the same behavior. A kinsman suggested switching characters upon re-logging but I have had mixed results with that trick, at best.

    *Really* want this one fixed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    Started last night (Aug. 3rd), and persists today. On transitions, the load screen just sits there for 2 minutes or so,
    and I get the black screen with "Connection to the Server has been lost". Then I can't get back in - get to character
    select, but first load screen never completes, and connection error again.

    Not having issues with other games, so wondering if anyone else is seeing this.
    My problems didn't start until this morning (Aug. 4th) but yes I'm either getting disconnected frequently once in-game or can't connect at all.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    I have the exact same problem, i can't log on any character on any server what so ever, and has been like this since 1st of August

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraibor View Post
    I have the exact same problem, i can't log on any character on any server what so ever, and has been like this since 1st of August
    I am also trying to get on Brandywine and have been unable to since yesterday with my main character. I got on for about 4 minutes with an alt with no luck. I have gone into my router and opened it up, reinstalled the game, and deleted the userpreferences file. I have no problems connecting to any blizzard games just this one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy Been going on since Sat night 8/3/13

    Same thing with my characters on Vilya and Elendilmir.....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371
    After not being able to get to the forums for much of yesterday, I checked the LOTRO Twitter feed,
    and Turbine confirmed that they were having login and disconnect problems. The last tweet is
    from yesterday saying they're still investigating. https://twitter.com/LOTRO

    I was able to get on late last night (after 10:30pm Eastern) and play for a couple of hours
    without issue, but if you're still seeing it, hang in there they may still be working on it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousiodiszion View Post
    I am also trying to get on Brandywine and have been unable to since yesterday with my main character. I got on for about 4 minutes with an alt with no luck. I have gone into my router and opened it up, reinstalled the game, and deleted the userpreferences file. I have no problems connecting to any blizzard games just this one.
    I have seen this for 5 years.It isn't your computer or your equipment.It is Lotro.They have always had this problem. Even now,with new servers it's still happening and I personally think it's Lotro storing memory and not releasing it .It's a continuance of logging in and crashing if you can get on the game at all.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload