We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Load up Stalled

Load up Stalled

Completes initialization and then stalls on 'Installing Pre-reqs'. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Problem resolved

It is considered Good Form to provide the reason the issue was fixed. So what happened to make the problem go away?
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 87 Warden, Veneur - 62 Hunter, Cneasai - 46 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

same problem

having the same problem all day,id love to hear if the problem resolved itself or if there was some sort of fix. Im on meneldor server

Quote Originally Posted by komklosor View Post
    having the same problem all day,id love to hear if the problem resolved itself or if there was some sort of fix. Im on meneldor server
    Same issue. Turbine does list it as a known issue, but ONLY if you're goofy enough to check their Twitter feed. Nothing in the official postings here on the forums.
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Not Solved

I have had the problem on Vilya since 7PM Mountain time yesterday and I still can't log on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000000fe4/01007/signature.png]Penarr[/charsig]

"It is considered Good Form to provide the reason the issue was fixed. So what happened to make the problem go away?"

Sry. I filed a physical ticket stating the problem I was experiencing as well as my home location as was requested on their FB page. After 5-10min I was able to log in. However, since then, upon exiting the game fully and closing down the program, I'm facing the same issue and cannot log back in. I replied to the email they sent, acknowledging my issue so hopefully, they will find a true fix to this issue.

From Lord of the Rings Online FB page: "For those of you still experiencing issues with logins and failed connections, please file a support ticket with your physical location(city,state) and the exact error you are seeing in addition to the server and character names having the issue. This will help us trouble shoot the issue for this still having difficulty loging in."

And here is the link to file a physical ticket: http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...01&task=ticket

Hope this helps

Bump - still hanging - installing Pre-Reqs

2146 pm EST (US) August 4th - still can't log in. Client still hangs at "installing pre-reqs" . Submitted a ticket .... :/

Plausable solution

I have a mac, so I'm not sure what the solution on a PC would be, but seeing how it resolved the issue, I think it could work also.

After doing a shiz ton of research I noticed something that was wrong in the naming of the lotroclient.

On a Mac:
    Go to the Applications Folder
    Right click "The Lord of the Rings Online™" icon and select "Show Package Contents"
    Open the "Contents" folder
    Then open "Resources"
    There you will see another "The Lord of the Rings Online™" icon. Right click this one and select "Get Info"
    In this window you will see all kinds of information about the .app
    Find "Name & Extention:" and see if the name of this .app is "lotroclient.app" or "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" If it is "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" CHANGE it to "lotroclient.app" and then try to re-run the game. This fixed the problem for me and the game worked fine.

In short, renaming the .app to what it is supposed to be named fixed the issue. Why it got renamed, I'm not for sure. haha
    I'm not for sure how to fix the issue on PC side. But if it has to do with renaming something, I'm sure you all will figure it out. :P