We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cannot buy points

being trying for 3 hours now just keeps saying system not availible does any body eles have this problemo im no brandywine server

You're not the only one. Having experienced this before, I checked my account details on MyTurbine, and all my billing information has disappeared. When I try to fill it back in, I get error messages being told to try again later. Seems Turbine is having problems!

ive tried everything rung the bank rung turbine and tryed fill the details in again no hope..... there seems to be a wide stretch of servers having log in problemos too

I had the same problem last night. It is still an issue.

Yep there is still a problem, been trying to buy points this afternoon, no joy.

If this goes on I hope they extend the Bonus Points till we can buy them. No point having sales/bonuses when you cant get past the bugs and buy the stuff.

Sadly this seems to be an issue still.

I have had the same problem for the past two days - I can't buy points or even use the points I already have in my account to purchase anything.

You should be able to buy points via Lotro Market, as it is run by a different company. But, you will not get the double bonus points.
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Xanthorr 100 Hunter ~~Xanaxier 100 Guardian ~~Beeornfree 100 Beorning

Was wondering what was up with the LOTRO store, glad I checked the forums before pulling hair out

Quote Originally Posted by XanThorSr View Post
    You should be able to buy points via Lotro Market, as it is run by a different company. But, you will not get the double bonus points.
    I think those Digital River or w/e they are are the ones handling the in-game cash stuff too. Not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I think those Digital River or w/e they are are the ones handling the in-game cash stuff too. Not certain.
    Nope. The Turbine Store (website) is operated by Digital River. The In-game store is operated by PlaySpan. Two different companies.

This is the same for me, been trying to buy points since Friday and receive error message. Also I signed into Myaccount @ Turbine and its saying that my bank account card details are invalid, have used the same card for nearly 2 years for VIP sub with no issues, anyone else get this too?

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    Nope. The Turbine Store (website) is operated by Digital River. The In-game store is operated by PlaySpan. Two different companies.
    Ahh I see =)

Well, time to test if the points-shop thing is online and usable now.

Lightbulb This fixed it for me!

I had the same problems (neither credit card nor PayPal payment worked) until I followed the instructions given here. When visiting my account page I found my billing information being all capitals and slightly wrong (street address was there twice). I reentered all information and saved.

After that I was able to buy points in the in-game store again.
    Regards,
    Quiss42.

Grunior, Pourtia, Guntor, Grindrock and Zdorag (Laurelin) / Grunior (Landroval)

Ok, even tried an Ultimate Game card to redeem with no luck - frustrating, but oh well...it'll get fixed eventually

ETA: used the method just above and was able to purchase using visa
    Last edited by Noishe; Aug 06 2013 at 04:43 AM.

I tried to re enter my payment methods and still cant buy the points. Not great when you want the points when they are on sale.

Edit: Finally after 3 days of trying 10+ times a day it went through.
    Time to transfer servers!
    Last edited by CrabsWorld; Aug 11 2013 at 06:38 AM.

Well I tried. last day, going to use the offer, but no. something went wrong, wait a few more minutes before trying again.
    Last edited by Cordovan; Aug 21 2013 at 04:13 PM.

I had the same issue trying to buy points with the recent double bonus point sale.

In the end I had to login to myaccount.turbine.com/index.php and update my card details there. When I did that I noticed that my postcode details had been lost. To get the postcode to save I had to add an extra zero to the beginning since my Australian postcode has just the 4 characters and the system looks to be only handling US 5 character codes correctly.

Once the postcode was saved the order went through no problems.

Well I pay for being VIP monthly and that just went through just fine so why can't I add points?

I've been trying to buy points for 3 days...

None of the error messages you get are useful (e.g. retrying after a few minutes? Yeah right). If you go to "buy points" in the store and then click the "use a different credit card" option (to use something other than the credit card info that Turbine borked up) then you get an error message about "web page at ...... doesn't exist".

Will try adding an erroneous zero to my 4-digit post code and see if that helps. I just hope I haven't missed the bonus bonus points thing.

- Thanks

I'm not able to buy points right now.

I keep getting "System is not available. Please try again later."

I re-entered my credit card and billing address per the instructions in this thread, but once I click "Submit" I get redirected to a broken page that says: "The requested URL /https://turbine.playspan.com/ps-primary-web/tblto/app/turbineenterdiffccsuccess.jsp was not found on this server."

This is very strange because I had just bought a 3 month VIP sub an hour before all this happened... I don't know why the store won't let me buy points when I had literally just bought a $30 sub with the same exact credit card...

EDIT: I guess none of this matters because I successfully was able to add TP through buying from the Lotro Market and redeeming the points code. Hopefully the in-game store functionality works itself out by the next double bonus points sale, because as far as I know this is the only way to get double bonus points...
    Last edited by BackAgainAndThere; Aug 28 2013 at 05:29 PM.

same problem for me, store isn't available to buy points

I also cannot buy points. I've tried re-entering my information, and get the same "System is not available. Please try again later." message.

If you haven't already, please make sure that your account information is updated. Make sure to include a zip code.

If you continue to have issues, please contact Account Support directly.

I did numerous searches to see if this is a current issue but I am not finding anything.

Is this happening again because I am trying to give you guys money and I cannot?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast