We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warg power drain, rethink?

Ok, I know this seems to be a Creep biased issue but I think any person with some sense can find the mechanics here are broken, so just let me explain the issue quickly...

With max audacity you have -20% skill power cost. (On both sides yes)

With higher rank you also get +% of total power pool. (On both sides yes)

Now I just want to know, whos idea it was to change the old and fairly decent system where warg drain was -150 power per tick every 3 seconds for 21 seconds, on 30 second cooldown, to
    +40% power cost on same cooldown and duration.

Quite frankly the skill is a joke now, Freeps running around with 5k power pools and tho I can out last some classes DPS wise for a fair amount of time there is no way I can even remotely try to drain them out of power. I'm not asking even for anything new, just the old system we had, just give it back some meaning because quite frankly its I think the most useless skill I have and I play 6 Freeps and 4 Creeps... (Rank 7+ and level 60+)

If a mod could by some chance forward this just for consideration please.

Last edited by Torli; Aug 04 2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Rephrased a few sentances for grammar issues

should probably go in the creep forum, but in general I agree as I've said elsewhere. The spider drain is equally useless and drains in general are pointless because of pacing.

I think over time they've been spreading things out a bit to work into group dynamics rather than a solo hero. All power drains were slightly nerfed to an extent, regardless of class. Next time, try getting a group together and use the Defiler, Weaver and Warg drains all at the same time on a single target. You'll notice the difference in performance when working together instead of expecting group results solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    I think over time they've been spreading things out a bit to work into group dynamics rather than a solo hero. All power drains were slightly nerfed to an extent, regardless of class. Next time, try getting a group together and use the Defiler, Weaver and Warg drains all at the same time on a single target. You'll notice the difference in performance when working together instead of expecting group results solo.
    But freeps HAVE group results solo...why not creeps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraswood View Post
    But freeps HAVE group results solo...why not creeps?
    Because freeps are created, balanced and refined for a non PvP environment. The power drain issue has been one of those silly side shows created by turbine. Its been an unnecessary distraction seemingly created by people who don't play in the moors a great deal. Power drains are situational and narrow in application to have made it a prominent skill for multiple creep toons is (yet again) flawed. Even if we go back to the power drains as they were (WL banners, Flies, and warg drains) its still assumes a longer battle scenario. Essentially the application of the skill is only applicable in a small part of the game play, id rather have more burst damage on my warg because its usually 3-5 hits and bam im close to dead. A burst damage class should have high crits and serious damage output, I don't want to run around in a circle waiting for a 250k power tick over 20 seconds while im being DPSed. I mean flayer is good but I want a dps race and some CC/debuffs when im on my warg. Power drains in generally seem to be a distraction and a useless skill given to creeps as a filler, now in the past it was a real powerhouse and could change the face of battle but freeps cried and cried about flies and well we know, freeps get what they want when they cry on the forums.

I'd far rather they nerfed freeps across the board and buffed wargs so they can actually kill their target, instead of messing about with a power drain skill which no doubt they'll manage to make worse. On the slim chance it actually became effective we all know freeps only have to complain about it (brands anyone) and it'll get "fixed" tout suite.