We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bugs with the Journeyman Riding Trait

I've discovered a couple of bugs since purchasing the Journeyman Riding Trait last week.

1) The "leg broken" effect from falling damage does not function while mounted. If I get to a high place and jump while walking, this functions as expected. Doing the same thing while mounted on one of my horses, I hear the "crunch" and see the debuff icon under my nameplate, but I still move at normal speed.

2) The festival horse race buffs do not affect my character. I have confirmed that neither the "high road" speed buff" nor the "low road" snare function - my horse always moves at the same speed.

I apologize for posting these here, but I've not been able to file a bug in 6-9 months (the reporting site rarely loads, and when it does, I'm unable to log in).

Another bug is that even if you purchased the Journeyman account-wide perk, you are still able to see (and presumably purchase) the Apprentice pack. I sure hope nobody thought, like I did at first, that they have to purchase both.

Also, I know that it says the changes won't be represented on the tooltips, but I really think they should be.

@ Liarie - that filtering issue was called out as a known issue in the thread here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ns-and-updates

@Stormwaltz - We'll make sure that the proper departments are notified of your observations. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwaltz View Post
    1) The "leg broken" effect from falling damage does not function while mounted. If I get to a high place and jump while walking, this functions as expected. Doing the same thing while mounted on one of my horses, I hear the "crunch" and see the debuff icon under my nameplate, but I still move at normal speed.
    Shhh! SHHHH! That's a feature! Think nothing of it!

I've bugged these issues in game already, and posted them in other threads about these traits, but in addition to what the OP listed, these also alter the speed of the stable horses. The stable horses run slower with these traits, however you can speed up the stable horses by enabling the Stop and Smell the Roses skill.

As I said I bugged this in game already, but if Quatermaster is passing these along him/herself then here is one more.

I bought 78 and appears 68 speed

I bought a journeyman ride trainting with 78 speed, but in the passive skill is 68 speed.and I have other account and see that I'm slowly than one has 78 speed. what happened?

Thanks!

There is three possible explanations, I think (apart from it really being some kind of bug).

1) The tool-tips for your mounts don't get changed. If the mount was +68% speed before you bought advanced riding, the tool-tip will still say +68% speed, even though the new speed gets applied to the mount. Check your passive skills tab for the +78% mount speed passive riding skill/trait.

2) If you're out in the 'Moors all your mount speed buffs (including the Weell Fed buff from the mount feed) get disabled, so you wouldn't see any change in speed out there.

3) The Journeyman Riding Package will give you four pieces of paper in your inventory when you open it. One of those pieces is the basic riding skill, the one which can be bought for 95TP in the Store. The second is the Stop and Smell the Roses skill which allows you to manually disable mount speed buffs. The third gives the Apprentice Riding passive which will set all your mounts to +68% speed. Only after the latter has been used, you can read the fourth piece of paper which gives the Journeyman Riding passive to make your mounts run at +78% speed. If you only used the paper for +68% mount speed, but not the one for +78% mount speed, your mounts should all run at +68% speed.
    I'd suggest taking a close look at your inventory to see if the +78% speed paper happened to end up between some stacks of vendor trash or whatever where you simply didn't notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuelenion View Post
    Shhh! SHHHH! That's a feature! Think nothing of it!
    Yeah, honestly, that's what I take it as. I'm all for them adding permanent, but kind of limited in use, advantages for TP. And since it costs so much for the trait, I think it would be nice to include a 'Falling Injury Immunity' buff build in.

Also, since debuffs don't affect the speed, does that mean buffs don't as well (well fed). the 68% or 78% just seems to be dominant no matter the buffs, but I haven't really tested.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Aug 09 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval