We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best pvmp server?

Which server has the best pvmp action and why? I'm looking for a server to transfer my 85s to since pvp is one of the main things I like doing and my old server is dead..

I sincerely believe that no one can really answer that for you, especially not here. Only you know what your definition of "best" is. Perhaps it might behoove you to visit several of the PvMP forums specific to different servers and peruse the posts you find there. You might also make a Creep on a bunch of different servers and survey the online player populations during times when you'd be playing. Even better, create a newbie Creep on servers you are considering transferring to and play there a little bit to test out the waters for yourself.

A little research can go a long way towards finding yourself a happy playing environment.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    Perhaps it might behoove you to visit several of the PvMP forums specific to different servers and peruse the posts you find there.
    Hm I think just reading forum posts is probably a really awful way to judge a server. Forums are usually an excessive dose of a minority of juveniles/complainers, not legit players that represent a community. I know the E forum is nothing like the E PvMP reality.

I'd suggest actually posting in that PvMP server forum some *specific questions* about the things you are looking for; e.g. "What kind of small group action is on your server?" Just asking "Is your server the best?" won't do much good.

You might also make a Creep on a bunch of different servers and survey the online player populations during times when you'd be playing. Even better, create a newbie Creep on servers you are considering transferring to and play there a little bit to test out the waters for yourself.

A little research can go a long way towards finding yourself a happy playing environment.
    Totally agree here. Unfortunately that means creepside is a lot easier to evaluate than the freepside environment. I think it just comes down to asking people on that server their opinions on specific questions and getting as many opinions as possible. The first answer probably won't be the one that would be true to your experience, gotta find somebody similar to you and see how they like it.

I heard Riddermark is rather bustling these days but that's by word of mouth and not experience.

Been playing on Nimrodel again as it's my home server. I've hopped around throughout the years in various servers but recently out of the few I've been on, Nimrodel has had the most action that's generally back and forth and not one side heavily outweighed by the other (though creeps do bully the freeps there but with the damage disparity freeps can easily get the upper hand if they had more numbers).

I play on Riddermark and Riddermark only so can't compare to other servers, but about half my play time is in the moors (99% of that freep side). It's a love/hate thing our Moors. It ranges from dead (late nights in the US) with at most 4 feeps/creeps on....to "busy" with 40+ freeps/creeps. The fights range from super unbalanced one side or other and camping the opposite sides home base. To times where the sides are balanced and have 10 min fights in one location with no npcs/one shotters.

During the daytime in the US many play solo then in the evening people tend to group up. Complaints of heal stacking & zerging by both sides and OP wars are common. Wide range of PvP experience on Riddermark of people playing over a year here (like me) to those just starting and not having gear/known strategies on both sides of the fight. 1v1s circles are farily common if that interests you.

A recent influx by a PvP kin from Arkenstone has helped keep Riddermark PvP alive during this time of many good experienced players taking a break from the game.

Hope that helps, describe my server at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Laporte_fan View Post
    I play on Riddermark and Riddermark only so can't compare to other servers, but about half my play time is in the moors (99% of that freep side). It's a love/hate thing our Moors. It ranges from dead (late nights in the US) with at most 4 feeps/creeps on....to "busy" with 40+ freeps/creeps. The fights range from super unbalanced one side or other and camping the opposite sides home base. To times where the sides are balanced and have 10 min fights in one location with no npcs/one shotters.

During the daytime in the US many play solo then in the evening people tend to group up. Complaints of heal stacking & zerging by both sides and OP wars are common. Wide range of PvP experience on Riddermark of people playing over a year here (like me) to those just starting and not having gear/known strategies on both sides of the fight. 1v1s circles are farily common if that interests you.

A recent influx by a PvP kin from Arkenstone has helped keep Riddermark PvP alive during this time of many good experienced players taking a break from the game.

I honestly believe this is a good description of most servers regarding PVP nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Laporte_fan View Post

Well, unless people are filthy rich - most of us folks in the US work during the day....so of course there's more action at night. Bills don't get paid without a job.

I'm also on Nimrodel - its a good server, good action at night & during the day. Good large groups on both sides. And we have a good creepside base that lets any new players in groups. WE
    aren't jerks like some of the other servers are. We were all new once folks....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c031c/01006/signature.png]Ridka[/charsig]