We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Installing Pre-Reqs

This is all I'm getting when I try to load the program. Not sure what's going on. Is there a larger problem going on, or is this something happening just to me? It doesn't even bring me to the sign-in screen.

A lot of people are having trouble right now, so I suspect it's all interconnected. No word yet on when things are going to be fixed.

But I have no life outside of Lord of the Rings Online. And now I'm starting to notice strange people in my house, staring at me, and wanting to interact! I'm not sure what to do?????

But thanks for the info. Was kind of paranoid there thinking it might just be me.

I thought at first it was my internet, so I switched to my phone and started playing using that. Alas, it didn't help like it usually does. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Celebria View Post
    I thought at first it was my internet, so I switched to my phone and started playing using that. Alas, it didn't help like it usually does. lol
    I also have the same problem. I wasn't sure if it was some influence of the uninstall of Spybot, which I removed and did probably some weird things to the registry. Is there any other word about this from Turbine? Anyone else CAN login now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paultjuuh View Post
    I also have the same problem. I wasn't sure if it was some influence of the uninstall of Spybot, which I removed and did probably some weird things to the registry. Is there any other word about this from Turbine? Anyone else CAN login now?

We were told to submit tickets, to which we were then sent an automated response which answered questions that pertained to issues that had nothing to do with our complaints. So, unless they mass fix this for everyone, we're kind of screwed, having to fix the problem ourselves, which right now might just be a deletion after removing my monthly billing information from their account page. Or they'll fix it. Been kind of a frustrating night.

While I was playing today I saw a world-wide message saying that they know about the logging in issue, and are trying to fix it. I would assume it's what your talking about because now that I got off, I can't get back on, it keeps trying to install pre-reqs but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by sarbonn View Post
    We were told to submit tickets, to which we were then sent an automated response which answered questions that pertained to issues that had nothing to do with our complaints. So, unless they mass fix this for everyone, we're kind of screwed, having to fix the problem ourselves, which right now might just be a deletion after removing my monthly billing information from their account page. Or they'll fix it. Been kind of a frustrating night.
    Did you submit the ticket to tech support?
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

lotro login ""Installing pre-reqs"""

Well....it's Sun morning here...and now I can't join my weekly group activity w/ friends

This has been going on since yesterday!!

Little facebook update last night that they thought they had fixed it. That be a no.

....just disappointed.
    Life may not be the party that we hoped for, but while we're here we should Dance.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000084805/01006/signature.png]Dancyn[/charsig]

8:00 and having the same problem. I hope they don't think they've fixed it.

I quit playing after the last extended downtime just came back yesterday and now it happens again must be me. every time i rage quit and then return i break sumthin
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000088ade/signature.png]Spurlock[/charsig]

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do further. I submitted a ticket to the address the administrator indicated and received a generic response equivalent to explaining how the Internet works and an indication that somehow they think that's solved the problem. I've gone on google searches for "installing pre-reqs" and tried all sorts of different solutions that people have been recommending since 2009, and none of them worked. Not sure what to do further as they seem to think the problem is all solved.

Was logged on fine yesterday morning(3 Aug) left for a bit and started receiving the message "Installing Pre-req"... I rebooted my machine, did a DNS Flush rebooted my moden and even called my provider(35min) wait and was told it wasn't them its you (lotro) Please take a look and fix this I'm having withdrawal symptoms and its not pleasant....:-)

I cannot submit a ticket, since the launcher will not go past installing prereqs. I have tried to use the support button, no dice... and I do not see a tech support/ bug report thread here in the forum... perhaps I missed it- but all I saw were tech support for account and billing.

BOTH my hubby and myself are not getting past the prereq. /shrug.... someone obviously broke something somewhere, lol.
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

In the other thread (about not being able to load the game, which is pretty much at the top of the thread list with about 11 or 12 pages now), there was a link to the way to contact tech support out of game. For some reason, they don't make it extremely obvious outside of the game, so I'd suggest going through that thread to find the link (which is about page 5 or 6). Unfortunately, I'm not sure it does much good because instead of actually addressing the issue, they sent me a form letter response that was so generic that it won't really help much (and the feeling is they consider the matter closed there as some kind of weird "we did our due diligence" thing).

Figure I'll give it a few more hours and then I'll start looking for a new MMO to make my main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrayne View Post
    I cannot submit a ticket, since the launcher will not go past installing prereqs. I have tried to use the support button, no dice... and I do not see a tech support/ bug report thread here in the forum... perhaps I missed it- but all I saw were tech support for account and billing.

BOTH my hubby and myself are not getting past the prereq. /shrug.... someone obviously broke something somewhere, lol.
    Please "Submit a Bug" by using the "Submit a Bug" icon at the top of this page (2nd line, along with What's New; Forum; Dev Tracker; Community Guidelines; Lotteries). Please include the physical location of your computer in the "location" area of the Bug report and attach a new copy of DxDiag.
    Landroval: Adyria - L95 Guardian; Calliah - L40 Champion; Silima - L31 Runekeeper
    Crickhollow: Lita - L15 Hunter

I got stuck at the same 'installing pre-reqs' spot, but after closing and restarting several times I was able to log in. Then came to a halt at 'Getting in line to connect' then the message 'Error taking number in the queue connection timed out'.
    Submitted ticket.
    It's me, just me

Installing Pre-Reqs

Same issue here...after a marathon day of LOTRO (8am -8pm) my fiance and I took a break for a movie. Shouldn't have logged out apparently as we have had the "Installing Pre-reqs" issue ever since. :-( Tickets submitted but no answer. They are probably flooded with tickets because they declared that it was all good now and those not able to log in should submit tickets. Issues look pretty widespread.

A similar problem here. Yesterday everything was working fine. Even today, until just before I was disconnected. After that I have a problem with logging. Sometimes I can get in, but soon after I get disconnection. Now I'm stuck on the pre-reqs.

I'm stuck in a similar state as everyone else it seems. I played yesterday morning just fine. Left for other things, come back, and I'm stuck on "Installing Pre-Reqs". I used that Submit a Bug thing on the top, and included a screenshot. While I doubt it actually helped, hopefully they can resolve the issue soon. Has anyone tried a full uninstall/re-install of the game? While I would much rather avoid doing that, I can always try it.

Unhappy Just piling on here...

Same here; "Installing pre-reqs" is all I get. When I close the Launcher window, Windows tells me "TurbineLauncher.exe has stopped working".

I wouldn't care too much except Sunday morning is when I do all my weekly crafting jobs.

Also stuck on Installing Pre-Reqs. 3 different computers.
    My bologna has a middle name.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the game. No help at all. Don't do it. Wont change a thing. Still getting same error message.

in fact here there are more issues. If I do not get stuck on Pre-reqs, get stuck while I write the password . Even if I manage to type a password, all servers on the list are red as if they were offline ... and at the end, if I can get into the game, I get disconnect ... either on the lodaing screen, or in the game

I logged off about 7:30pm last night, and since then have been unable to get back on. I have tried doing everything support.turbine.com tells me to do, even going to the extremes of uninstalling, rebooting computer, and reinstalling; still did not work, finally this morning (about 2 hours ago) I called the LOTRO support and was told that they are working on it, but had no eta as to when it will be fixed. I am just doing random things around the house (going slightly insane) and keep trying to relog every half hour or so. I guess all we can do is wait..... and hope they will extend the summer fest by another day or something.

time is currently 12:16pm LOTRO time
    Last edited by Mnemanth; Aug 04 2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: time stamp on page is not eastern time (LOTRO)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast